Michael Phelps Won’t Be Charged For Smoking Marijuana

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Apparently a picture of him with his lips on a bong wasn’t strong enough evidence to warrant an indictment of anyone known to be at the party, Phelps included. Which seems about right. For all authorities know, it was, uh, tobacco in the bong.

Less than an hour after a South Carolina sheriff said he would not file drug charges against Michael Phelps, Olympic star – who was photographed last fall smoking a marijuana pipe – issued another mea culpa and pledged to “dive back into the pool.”

“I’m glad this matter is put to rest. But there are also some important lessons that I’ve learned,” Phelps, 23, said in a statement Monday.

“For me, it’s all about recognizing that I used bad judgment and it’s a mistake I won’t make again. For young people especially – be careful about the decisions you make. One bad decision can really hurt you and the people you care about.”

Richland County sheriff Leon Lott announced earlier Monday that a nearly two-week investigation had failed to produce enough evidence to prosecute anyone present at a November party at the University of South Carolina, where the photo was taken.

If Phelps didn’t have an Olympic career to tend to, it would have been fun for him to leverage this situation into an effort to legalize marijuana. Because, obviously, it can’t be the demon weed drug prohibitionists say it is if an Olympic athlete with no fewer than 7 gold medals can use it without any problems.

I think there are better things to expend our law enforcement resources on than the prohibition of marijuana.

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: KXNet.com
Copyright: 2009 KXNet

I love it the greatest swimmer in the history of mankind smokes weed! darn you mean he didnt turn into a junkie or move into his moms basement ?

Back
Top Bottom