Miracle Grow Perlite Goof

Booja

I started a second grow, which I should name something like, "not like that, dummy".

I'm supposed to be retired but am working 5 days a week. Mix in the honey do list, my own list, ice fishing and a host of other things and I'm strapped for time. Why do something right if you can screw it up and further the pain. I'm the dummy. I wont get into the starting seeds in the final container ;)

I liked using coco/peralite in my first grow so decided to stick with it. I've currently got about a 70/30 mix in 5 gallon air pots with a few autos from Dr. Seeds. The first set of leaves developed what looked like nute burn or ph problems. No pic sorry. Then I glanced at the peralite bag.......ooops, it has miracle grow in it. I have been flushing the last few days and the girls seem to be growing out of the burn.

In time I'll pick up more stuff to grow in but figured I would just run this for now and see what happens. What exactly does miracle grow peralite have in it that I have to adjust for when adding nutes

They don't say anything more than 0.04-0.01-0.06 on their website. I used the ProMix Perlite to start with, and moved to the 4 cu ft bales from the local gardening center. Both have no added fertilizer.

I think you can continue your grow with reduced nutrients adjusted to compensate. Coco/perlite will often require extra cal/mag, especially under LED lighting. If you use General Hydroponics' Flora Trio and supplements I can send you the feed chart I used. I have switched to Mega Crop for my current grow.

Yeah, I'm using the GH nutes and have the feed charts. It is an LED grow, like my first one, and I did supplement with cal/mag per the feed charts.

Thank you for the feedback. .04-.01-.06 seems like nothing more than an excuse to put their name on the bag, but they still looked like I tried to burn them. Maybe I just tried to feed them too much too soon? I've got nothing to loose but time, but still plenty to burn from my last grow.

Here's the chart from my last grow. Rather than use TDS/EC. I used accurate measurements for weight and volume. I let the TDS/EC go where ever it needed to be. The source for the recommended amounts come directly from the bottles. You'll note that there are discrepancies between the feed charts published by GH, and between the feed charts and bottles. The water I use is from my RO, pH 7.2, TDS of 16 PPM. You can click on the chart to view it full size.

full

General Hydroponics Flora Trio and Supplements at 35% Label Strength

You can leave off the Armor Si, Rapid Start, Floralicious, and Flora Kleen. I only used Flora Kleen for my first few grows, and added the others over time.

Back
Top Bottom