Mixing different breeds in same room.

Baja Big Dog

Sounds like a dumb question, but is it OK to grow different types of plants in the same grow room, its 7 ft by 2 ft? Same water supply, lights etc, using hydro.

Re: Mixing different breeds in same room...

Sounds like a dumb question, but is it OK to grow different types of plants in the same grow room, its 7 ft by 2 ft? Same water supply, lights etc, using hydro.
Not a dumb question at all. However, while you can grow different types of plants in the same room, I would be the first to argue against this type of setup. This is of course if you will be mixing one tank of food for the whole room. The problem lies in the fact that every strain has different needs. Some require different balances of the elements (i.e. N,P,K,Ca,Mg,S, etc.) than others. Aside from the nutrient regiment, they all have to be pulled and flushed at different times. In the end PITA IMHO.

Not a dumb question at all. However, while you can grow different types of plants in the same room, I would be the first to argue against this type of setup. This is of course if you will be mixing one tank of food for the whole room. The problem lies in the fact that every strain has different needs. Some require different balances of the elements (i.e. N,P,K,Ca,Mg,S, etc.) than others. Aside from the nutrient regiment, they all have to be pulled and flushed at different times. In the end PITA IMHO.

Thanks Canna, just one more DUMB question....WTF is PITA (pain in the ass?)

If so, advice taken, havent planted yet, will plant all the same....:cheer::cheer:

Yea its a pita but then again to have a different flavor in reserve is priceless, like a real good wake and bake and melt into couch when needed, plus switching keeps the high well defined...

If your trying to get way down to things such as every little detail then i would agree with cannabinoid, but then again its not each strain that has different needs but each plant, rather it be the same strain or not. But just give them all the same doses of water, nutes etc. I would atleast.

I never know what strains I'm growing since it's bagseed, so I have a bit of experience with this... and the biggest PITA is different harvest times if they are all in one tub since the roots will tangle.

Growth rates can vary too - if the space is small then that can be a PITA too since some plants will shade others...

Other than that... should be fine!

I started 3 diff imported strains.
I am just waiting for the 1 or 2 plants that respond well in my 3 rail Aeroponics setup .the ones that "thrive" in my enviroment will be kept.
I will clone those 2 diff types ( for genetic diversity) & life will be better / simpler in next 8 weeks!! :)
the rest will not return.
Slag

Back
Top Bottom