MMJ and 60mph

pker4death

Hey all i am new to these forums so i have a question to ask.

If i go to new jersey which is the closest medical marijuana place down to north carolina which i live at. I have had recently an motorcycle accident on the highway going 60MPH but the only thing that happened from the accident is that i broke my left collarbone and had surgery for it not too long ago maybe 4 months. Can i use this excuse in order for me to get the cannabis card issued to me from the government?

Thanks guys

You just need to live in the state and read up on what the medical Cannabis laws say.

Hello pker4death,:welcome:to 420Mag!
Sorry to hear about you accident you are very fortunate not to have been killed or seriously injured for life. I am delighted you enjoy Cannabis, there are many members here who have questions about MMJ from how to grow your own meds (it's easy) to legal questions regarding MMJ.

Many members who live in MMJ States choose to grow their own meds and have found this quite enjoyable. Take a look at our afilliates here:420 Magazine - Sponsors and let us know what you think. Also visit our members who are currently growing their own meds here: Journals in Progress - 420 Magazine
There are many members here such as yourself and we are all very friendly and will answer questions. I will provide some links to great members who will be happy you dropped in to say hello.
Here they are:
Ground Zero Newbie Grower
The Butcher's Slaughter (Breeding Journal)
MK-Ultra Hempy - C02 - 1000 Watts
OldMedMan's First Grow Couchlock 2009

obx is correct. You would have to be a legal resident of the state that is providing the recommendation.

For example, I have a recommendation in CA that is legally useless in CO.

Not while living in NC! NJ also has the strictest laws in the nation - only for a certain list of approved major illnesses. I think you need to be a resident anywhere you apply for a card.

Worse - and more puzzling to me - is the fact that not only do you need to actually live in the state, the moment you leave that state you are then a criminal. It's not like getting married - get married in one state, move to another state, you're still married.

obx is correct. You would have to be a legal resident of the state that is providing the recommendation.

For example, I have a recommendation in CA that is legally useless in CO.

From what I have been able to find out, the only state that honors a person's medical cannabis classification from another state is Montana. (Completely off-topic, but I would guess that if there is ever a get-together of the medical users of 420Magazine, that it would have to take place in Montana. And siince I am not at this time a designated medical user, I would volunteer my services as tour-bus driver as long as Montana's speeding laws are still friendly - and if someone would be kind enough to seal up the vents and windows, lol).

I have been waiting for a couple of years now to see someone who is a qualified medical user in one state stand on the border with a (non-medical) state and say, "Here and now I am perfectly legal and cannabis is healthy and helpful to me," then step across the border and say, "But now I am a criminal and cannabis is unhealthy and bad for me," then step back across. Then stand with one foot in each state and say, "Now the left half of my body is legal and being helped by cannabis, while the right half of my body is a criminal and being harmed by cannabis," and then jump into the air and land facing the opposite direction and say, "But NOW the left half of my body is a criminal is a criminal and being harmed by cannabis while the right half is legal and being helped by it."

The above situation, while humorous(?), kind of makes a point that boggles my mind. I would love to see that scene appear on national television. I don't know what good it would do in the greater sense of helping legalize, but I assume it would cause a few more open-minded people to think for themselves about the issue.

It might have even greater affect if it happened in one of the few public buildings - say a hotel lobby - that straddle a state line so that the building actually exists within two states at the same time.

Apologies for rambling off at a tangent.

:rofl: Careful Tortured... if you keep trying to combine logic, politics, and laws... your brain might explode :rofl:

I for one would love to see you as the "Magic Bus" driver... :cheesygrinsmiley:

It is the wild west right now when you look at the states trying to figure out how to handle medical cannabis laws - the only good news is the momentum continues to push for more logic and compassion... and those who resist are part of a smaller and smaller minority.

I am like a damn human barometer when it rains also. I have founf the best cure is Hashish:yummy:

You and me both Brother Every time the weather changes I know it before I even open my eyes in the morning.

How is going Wingman havent seen a pm from ya since before xmas I am down to the last few weeks now just waiting for my licences to finally arrive from Health Canada it appears to HEalth canada 8-10 weeks is 13-16 weeks to normal human beings.

Back
Top Bottom