Model Medical Marijuana Law

420hydro

In my state, MM is going to be an uphill battle.

I've decided to gather from any MM laws introduced or passed by various states to find a good model.

Well, I found a good one that is sorta being used in several states, but found it deficient. I fixed what I could from the perspective of a patient, caregiver, and owner of a "compassion center."

Of course, the big question is how much? How much can you have, how much can you grow? We'll leave that topic alone for a while.

So, are there some legal-type minds out there willing to help me out?

I'm not going to show my complete work yet, but will bring up different topics to discuss.

For instance, and this can be the first topic:

(A) This act does not permit a person to do the following:

(2) Possess marijuana or otherwise engage in the medical use of marijuana:

(c) In any correctional facility...

Now, what is your opinion of this? Should an inmate be denied MM treatment only because he(she) is in a jail or prison?

420hydro

OK, to give you people an idea of what I'm trying to do, The above snippet of legal text is what is found in several bills presented in several legislatures.

Here is how I modified it to answer my question "Should an inmate be denied MM treatment only because he(she) is in a jail or prison?"

(A) This act does not permit a person to do the following:

(2) Possess marijuana or otherwise engage in the medical use of marijuana:

(c) In any correctional facility, except

(i) if the inmate has a prior debilitating medical condition, was a registered qualifying patient, and the correctional facility physician recommends continued treatment.

(ii) Treatment of a qualifying inmate will be in a controlled and secure environment provided by correctional facility officials and performed by an attending correctional facility physician.

(iii) The correctional facility physician will be registered as a caregiver and is authorized to receive a quantity of medical marijuana from the inmate's primary caregiver that will be used in the treatment of the inmate. The correctional facility physician will keep detailed records of the treatments and the amounts used.

Now, who can tear apart the above stating good logical reasons?

420hydro

Damn, 35 states still need Medical Marijuana and no one is interested in the legislation that will will have the best chance of passing because it covers a lot of areas that other states didn't think about till layer....

420hydro

OK, let's try this one....

The legislation I've seen so far looks like this:

(H) MARIJUANA. The same definition as provided in --Code Section--.

(J) USEABLE MARIJUANA. The dried leaves and flowers of a marijuana plant and any mixture or preparation thereof, but does not include the seeds, stalks, and roots of the plant and does not include the weight of any non-marijuana ingredients combined with marijuana and prepared for consumption as food.

And then it says:

"...If the qualifying patient has not specified that a primary caregiver is allowed under state law to cultivate marijuana for the qualifying patient, does not exceed eight marijuana plants,..."

Do you see the hole? Nope, you probably don't. But think about it in terms of a grower. Seems pretty limited, doesn't it. Upping the plant count isn't going to help. So here is what I did:

I added another definition:

(I) MATURE MARIJUANA PLANT. A mature marijuana plant is defined as showing its female sex and having flowers or buds that are readily observable by an unaided visual examination. An immature plant is one in which the sex of the plant cannot be determined or the plant is a male.

And then we correct this to read:

"...If the qualifying patient has not specified that a primary caregiver is allowed under state law to cultivate marijuana for the qualifying patient, does not exceed eight mature marijuana plants,..."

Now how many plants can you have?

Eight Female plants, and any number of clones and mother plants! So, now you can seed or clone and vegetate any number of plants but only have eight in flowering. Shortens growing time down and you can exchange clones without penalty.

So, anyone care to comment on this?

420hydro

OK, let's try this one....

The legislation I've seen so far looks like this:

(H) MARIJUANA. The same definition as provided in --Code Section--.

(J) USEABLE MARIJUANA. The dried leaves and flowers of a marijuana plant and any mixture or preparation thereof, but does not include the seeds, stalks, and roots of the plant and does not include the weight of any non-marijuana ingredients combined with marijuana and prepared for consumption as food.

And then it says:

"...If the qualifying patient has not specified that a primary caregiver is allowed under state law to cultivate marijuana for the qualifying patient, does not exceed eight marijuana plants,..."

Do you see the hole? Nope, you probably don't. But think about it in terms of a grower. Seems pretty limited, doesn't it. Upping the plant count isn't going to help. So here is what I did:

I added another definition:

(I) MATURE MARIJUANA PLANT. A mature marijuana plant is defined as showing its female sex and having flowers or buds that are readily observable by an unaided visual examination. An immature plant is one in which the sex of the plant cannot be determined or the plant is a male.

And then we correct this to read:

"...If the qualifying patient has not specified that a primary caregiver is allowed under state law to cultivate marijuana for the qualifying patient, does not exceed eight mature marijuana plants,..."

Now how many plants can you have?

Eight Female plants, and any number of clones and mother plants! So, now you can seed or clone and vegetate any number of plants but only have eight in flowering. Shortens growing time down and you can exchange clones without penalty.

So, anyone care to comment on this?

420hydro
Look friend, I'd be happy if i could have 8 plants.That's 4 in flower and 4 in veg. !! I could flower 4 plants every 60 days !! 1/4 lb. from each plant, one lb. every 60 days, that's good enough for me !! What gets me is the states that don't want any personal growing !! like the new law in D.C. . I'f calif vote for legalization in nov., Then nov. 2012 it's be on the national ballot !! Hope i live to see it !!:popcorn::cool:

Look friend, I'd be happy if i could have 8 plants.That's 4 in flower and 4 in veg. !! I could flower 4 plants every 60 days !! 1/4 lb. from each plant, one lb. every 60 days, that's good enough for me !! What gets me is the states that don't want any personal growing !! like the new law in D.C. . I'f calif vote for legalization in nov., Then nov. 2012 it's be on the national ballot !! Hope i live to see it !!:popcorn::cool:

Agreed, if Cali legalizes MMJ and the ounce rule then this world is going to get interesting. I personally think they should require people to get growers permits and have different classes of these permits. The classification will limit how much you can grow but the min i would say should be 8-10. Smoking about 2 grams per day is half an ounce a week times four is two ounces a month. Smoke about a QP every other month but that is just for a model most people like to smoke about 2-5 grams of some good buds a day esp me. 2 grams in the am and two before i go to sleep is cool enough. Also the MMJ term does need to include social smokers because it is a medication that relaxes people like liquor does for some. Weed is not as lethal as liquor so the tolerance for it should be high across the nation because it cant kill people much like liquor. I say we try to make weed the main drug rather then liquor, I would much rather have any of my loved ones smoke weed than drink that FIRE WATER!!! States need to realize it is not just for legit Medical purposes, So tired of how things are controlled and how they demonize MJ and try to say that its ok for "patients" but not regular people but yet they will feed regular people these drugs if they think you have depression or some other MENTAL issue. Weed is the casual man drug, so recognize and make life easy on people.

Agreed, if Cali legalizes MMJ and the ounce rule then this world is going to get interesting. I personally think they should require people to get growers permits and have different classes of these permits. The classification will limit how much you can grow but the min i would say should be 8-10. Smoking about 2 grams per day is half an ounce a week times four is two ounces a month. Smoke about a QP every other month but that is just for a model most people like to smoke about 2-5 grams of some good buds a day esp me. 2 grams in the am and two before i go to sleep is cool enough. Also the MMJ term does need to include social smokers because it is a medication that relaxes people like liquor does for some. Weed is not as lethal as liquor so the tolerance for it should be high across the nation because it cant kill people much like liquor. I say we try to make weed the main drug rather then liquor, I would much rather have any of my loved ones smoke weed than drink that FIRE WATER!!! States need to realize it is not just for legit Medical purposes, So tired of how things are controlled and how they demonize MJ and try to say that its ok for "patients" but not regular people but yet they will feed regular people these drugs if they think you have depression or some other MENTAL issue. Weed is the casual man drug, so recognize and make life easy on people.
myzz,
I know you're right !! But them do gooders that think they know what's right and wrong and the rest of us should just follow in their footsteps. And if we don't then we're not normal !! I mean WTF, some people are beyond reasoning !! I've had to cease all growing, As I'm currently circulating a petition to get mmj on nov. ballot in Ma., and you just would'nt believe the excuses people come up with for not signing. But mostly, it's being afraid that somehow, they'll be found out by their employer, and punished. i wish I knew what to say to change their mind. Personally, I don't think the registar is gonna give access to that information, but I can't 100% tell them that, because I don't know who has excess to those signatures, after i turn them in. Now i'm paying 200 an oz for weed that probably was'nt flushed and aint no telling what i'm putting into my lungs !! But I just figure leo will be coming to check me out, now that i'm exposing myself thru the petition process !! WTF, i'm 68 yrs. old and it's the only crime i've ever commited !! Sorta makes one wonder !! Someone tell me how I can change my friends minds !! As this mmj law would help so many people, but the bad part is, I don't think i'd qualify !! Ha !! And Myzz, I think that long ago, even the law and order prohibitionist dogooders, knew that mj is 1000 times more safe than acohol !! OK people, tell me what I need to say to that young school teacher, to persuade her to sign my petition. It's just a damm shame that leo is allowed to harrass the public and especially our children !! Ha !! :reading420magazine::slide::cool:

Back
Top Bottom