Molasses?

Indigoism

Hey guys sorry for asking this I know it will be on the forum somewhere but I couldn't find anything.

I am about to go out and get some supplies for my second grow and was reading about molasses and how it benefits flowering, I just want to know what exacly I should buy and how much per gal/L should I use on an autoflower thats 2-3 weeks into flower and where would I be likely to find the stuff?

I appreciate any help :) thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I know some growers use brown sugar (which contains molasses). I believe LDERF (grow pot cheaply) uses two table spoons per half gallon.

Thank you so much for replying, Brown sugar?! That is perfect I have some already, going to look it up now :) just got some new nutes so the plant is going to be happy!

Thanks again brother I appreciate it

Molasses contains minerals and simple sugars that feed soil microbes, which feed the plant (ideally). Brown sugar only contains trace amounts of molasses - You will need either soft dark muscovado sugar or a jar of actual molasses, otherwise you are just adding sugar to your plant food. Locally-sourced, unfiltered honey would be better for that purpose, as it comes directly from flowers in the first place (honey is used in some bloom-boosters).

Molasses contains minerals and simple sugars that feed soil microbes, which feed the plant (ideally). Brown sugar only contains trace amounts of molasses - You will need either soft dark muscovado sugar or a jar of actual molasses, otherwise you are just adding sugar to your plant food. Locally-sourced, unfiltered honey would be better for that purpose, as it comes directly from flowers in the first place (honey is used in some bloom-boosters).

I can't thank you enough, cheers for clearing this up, I found some in my local grocery store catalogue so I will check it out ASAP, it seems very worth it!

If you go molasses, make sure its unsulfured

Thanks mate :) I will make sure its unsulfered, I appreciate the help!

Back
Top Bottom