Molassess inquiry? Quick question

corinth

Just a quick question. I'm hearing people using unsulfured black strap molasses for the end stage of flowering few weeks before harvest to plump and sweeten the size and taste of there buds? But then I hear people use the molasses for any giving point in the life of the plant albeit vege or flower... I always thought it was for end stage 3 weeks prior . I do use advanced nutrients line and figure their over drive is just that a sweetener. Can anyone tell from there experience what this stuffs ultimately for?

If you look at the Jar of molasses you will see it contains small amounts of potassium, iron, magnesium, calcium, and the sugars. All of which cannabis loves.

Screenshot_20211008-162358_Chrome.jpg

Does it do anything for taste and smell?
Some people feel it adds to taste. I use it strictly for the nutrients it contains when soil gets depleted further into a grow.

I am a strictly soil grower. I used a 1 gallon nozzle sprayer when watering and will start with warm water first which helps the molasses mix in. I'll fill the rest of the sprayer with lukewarm water and add in my nutrients, making sure to completely mix each step in the water before adding the next. Once everything is mixed I put the lid on and shake the sprayer for about 30 seconds to completely mix everything. I let it sit for a minute then check the pH. If I need to add pH +/- I do then shake again for 30 seconds, wait a minute and recheck the pH.

I use the unsulfered blackstrap molasses with every watering, not when feeding, because the molasses is basically for the soil not for taste or smell
Ya i heard blackstrap its the darker thicker stuff . Using grandmas unsulfured brand . Thought it was just a late stage ripened and someone told me it helped with the taste but thats unproven I'm reading. But a lot of people believe it does.

Some people feel it adds to taste. I use it strictly for the nutrients it contains when soil gets depleted further into a grow.
Had no idea it was an actual soil conditioner so I can see why people would use it all throughout the grow. How often would you apply molasses for that effect ? I'm kinda sketchy about adding something that's so sweet I hear ants stay away from it and it also has anti fungal/ pesticide beneficial effects.

Had no idea it was an actual soil conditioner so I can see why people would use it all throughout the grow. How often would you apply molasses for that effect ? I'm kinda sketchy about adding something that's so sweet I hear ants stay away from it and it also has anti fungal/ pesticide beneficial effects.
I personally use it with plain water, in between feeds, maybe with some cal mag added throughout the grow. 1tbs.

Molasses is used to feed and build up the carbohydrates for your plants which in turn builds the brix/sugar level for your buds and they will thank you with bigger, heavier and resin coated stick buds. Cannabis can't directly up Molasses through either the roots or foliage feeding so the way it works is to feed into your soil which then the molecules that the carbohydrates are stored within can be broken down and related into the soil so that the nutrients are able to absorb them is done by all the feeding all the good bacteria that lives in your medium. Plants will start to store carbohydrates from there root systems are formed and will start to use higher amounts when start to flower and by week 4 or 5 of flowering they are using every bit they able to process and will definitely use more if they're able to get their greedy mits on it.

Back
Top Bottom