Move them outside?

Tedmarx38

Per prior posts my 3 plant third crop grew faster than expected and is stuffed in my tent with my 3 plant second crop, which is growing slower than expected. Specifics below.

Finally, we’re getting a couple of nice days ahead with bright sun and temps in the 60-70 F range. Because I live on an isolated property, I’m considering placing them outside when the weather holds and will move them back in when the endless winter returns this weekend.

I’m thinking some natural sunlight will be helpful but what are your thoughts? Any concerns over a sudden change like this? Thanks.

Auto hybrid

Week 10 / week 5

2x4 tent is 80 degrees 35% rh

18/6 cycle

Spyder sf 2000 led 200 watt

Fox farms soil

Alkaline spring water with high ph and low tds, corrected with citric acid and cal mag to 6.5 ph and 300 tds

Finally, we’re getting a couple of nice days ahead with bright sun and temps in the 60-70 F range. Because I live on an isolated property, I’m considering placing them outside when the weather holds and will move them back in when the endless winter returns this weekend.

I’m thinking some natural sunlight will be helpful but what are your thoughts? Any concerns over a sudden change like this?
Sounds like you are living in the northern hemisphere and spring is coming soon. Are you?

I think with your temperatures being in the 60-70s this time of the week and 'endless winter' conditions returning over the weekend it might be best to hold off. Keep the night temperatures in mind. Example is yesterday we hit 70 and last night it dropped to 37. The nights are still cold and if it is the same sort of conditions where you are then there is the possibility that the plants will not recover in the morning as much as is needed for good growth.

The natural sunlight is always a plus but the temperatures will work against it. The pots of soil or whatever medium you are using might not get warm enough for good root growth. Plus I feel that there is not enough hours of warm air and good sunlight to compensate for the cool or cold nights.

Being as you are growing autos the length of night or dark will not be a major factor. Some of the 'auto' growers might be able to help as far as how the cool temperatures might affect the way an auto will grow.

Sounds like you are living in the northern hemisphere and spring is coming soon. Are you?

I think with your temperatures being in the 60-70s this time of the week and 'endless winter' conditions returning over the weekend it might be best to hold off. Keep the night temperatures in mind. Example is yesterday we hit 70 and last night it dropped to 37. The nights are still cold and if it is the same sort of conditions where you are then there is the possibility that the plants will not recover in the morning as much as is needed for good growth.

The natural sunlight is always a plus but the temperatures will work against it. The pots of soil or whatever medium you are using might not get warm enough for good root growth. Plus I feel that there is not enough hours of warm air and good sunlight to compensate for the cool or cold nights.

Being as you are growing autos the length of night or dark will not be a major factor. Some of the 'auto' growers might be able to help as far as how the cool temperatures might affect the way an auto will grow.
Thanks - yeah PA. Makes sense what you say. Moving therm’s a pain the ass anyway so appreciate you saving me the trouble!

Back
Top Bottom