Foxtail or not?

Tedmarx38

Specifics below. Are Northern Lights Auto prone to foxtailing? I think all three of my late-bloom plants are doing it. This is the top two inches cut off one of the colas for further scrutiny and I can’t tell if the green blobs are normal growth or signs of foxtailing. Thanks.
////
Auto hybrid

Week 11

2x4 tent is 80 degrees 35% rh

18/6 cycle

Spyder sf 2000 led 200 watt

Fox farms soil

Alkaline spring water with high ph and low tds, corrected with citric acid and cal mag to 6.5 ph and 300 tds, fertilize with Jacks bloom once a week

Thanks all-

3F5F654B-1F1A-4404-BE60-64142363FFD2.jpeg

37AC52A2-80D5-4E89-AC30-DA3AF736CE05.jpeg

I didn't state that the specific plants in question were an example of it, lol, merely that it's not a rarity with Northern Lights Auto stains. With my poor vision, I didn't even bother to glance at the images. But with just 200 watts of LED lighting across eight square feet, and relatively cool temperatures, if it does occur, my guess as to the reason would be genetics (which was why I bothered to make the statement). Although it has been said that consistently feeding too much nitrogen in the flowering phase can encourage it.

Like @Growings said, If it is foxtailing it’s very minor. I grow NL autos often, they do tend to foxtail a bit under LED’s. But it’s hit and miss. Sometimes side by side one will foxtail, the other doesn’t! Nothing wrong with it, doesn’t hurt anything except to take a little longer to finish m.

Like @Growings said, If it is foxtailing it’s very minor. I grow NL autos often, they do tend to foxtail a bit under LED’s. But it’s hit and miss. Sometimes side by side one will foxtail, the other doesn’t! Nothing wrong with it, doesn’t hurt anything except to take a little longer to finish m.
Hi Phyto - I can show you some plants I did last year using burple-TS-burple sid-by-side
The buds directly under the TS foxtailed but the burple buds didn't, on two separate runs

Hi Phyto - I can show you some plants I did last year using burple-TS-burple sid-by-side
The buds directly under the TS foxtailed but the burple buds didn't, on two separate runs
Most of my foxtailing, I believe, can be traced back to having the lights a little too close. But who really knows, since side by side I've had one foxtail and one not.

I had one plant that a fox tailed and it was due to very high light levels. What's your hang height for the light?

Also, why are you at 80° and 35% RH? That's very warm and very dry. With those values you have a VPD of over 2.1 — that's brutal. Your plants are taking up a lot of water to try to stay cool. The increased water uptake means that your plants will to be pulling in a lot of nutrients which, at normal levels of nutes, would cause nute burn. With a TDS of only 300 PPM, you're not getting nute burn but that's because you're below normal PPM levels.

80°F is fine for most strains, assuming there is sufficient light in the garden. Up to a point, cannabis plants can process more light-energy as temperature rises - and 80°F is not that point. The (relatively) low RH helps facilitate plants' temperature control via transpiration.

And "normal" nutrition levels, for most people, would equate to "what one's plants require."

Back
Top Bottom