Move To Legalize Marijuana In California Sparks Fears About Drop In Prices

Quote from Mr. Emery:

"If California legalizes, the demands for BC marijuana at $2,400 a pound will greatly diminish, said Emery, who faces a five-year jail term in the U.S. for drug trafficking and distributing cannabis seeds over the Internet.

According to Emery, the homegrown market will evaporate if Canadian pot users flock to California for cheap, high-quality cannabis that could be available for a little as $10 per ounce, compared to the current rate of C$200 in Vancouver."

Nice... 10.00/oz!

Quote from Mr. Emery:

"If California legalizes, the demands for BC marijuana at $2,400 a pound will greatly diminish, said Emery, who faces a five-year jail term in the U.S. for drug trafficking and distributing cannabis seeds over the Internet.

According to Emery, the homegrown market will evaporate if Canadian pot users flock to California for cheap, high-quality cannabis that could be available for a little as $10 per ounce, compared to the current rate of C$200 in Vancouver."

Nice... 10.00/oz!

That isn`t going to happen.Think about it,the cost of weed was $10 in 1960.This isn`t 1960. And then there is the state tax of $50.00 per oz. and sales taxes,and added local taxes.The price will only go up! You can take that to the bank!

I hope it will atleast stay about the same... now if we can just get our elected officials and LE terrorists to fallow the law of the land!

Also people have no understanding what it takes to grow grade "A" hydro bud. It is not as easy as some people think. I hate spider mites... them little fuckers!

That was 24 oz. for 1 year - A bit of a stretch to smoke a pound and a half in 2 months, but when you harvest 1 time per year (end of summer) you want to end up with at least 1.5 lbs.

This fear, drop in price,was the main driving force behind the defeat of prop 19.
Despite the well written blurbs about 'why prop 19 should be defeated' it was easy enough to see the REAL motivation was GREED.
... and greed my brothers and sisters is what we don't need to help patients.
And don't worry about not being able to cover your cost of Your lights, if you can grow truly superior product I guarantee You, in a legal market You will have customers.

This fear, drop in price,was the main driving force behind the defeat of prop 19.
Despite the well written blurbs about 'why prop 19 should be defeated' it was easy enough to see the REAL motivation was GREED.
... and greed my brothers and sisters is what we don't need to help patients.
And don't worry about not being able to cover your cost of Your lights, if you can grow truly superior product I guarantee You, in a legal market You will have customers.

I didn`t vote against prop 19 because I was greedy,I voted against it because the authors and backers were greedy! Tax,control,and Regulate = taking from the poor and working class for corperate profits! And I do have the dank thank you! I`m the breeder of the strain AK-47 and alot of other strains over the years.I`ve been working all along on some of the dankest strains, that has nothing to do with why I don`t like Tax,Control and Regulations. You don`t make things better by replacing bad laws with more bad laws! You make things better by striking bad laws and allowing personal freedom. Let supply and demand control prices.

The way any social situation gets better is to do away with bad laws and install 'better' laws.
Here in Sacramento the market for medical would triple if cannabis was legal for Government type workers to ingest without the fear of a random drug test ending their career.
That's what I'm talking about, tripling our client base.
PS thanks for breeding AK-47 its a well loved strain.

I can see where making more and more laws is the not answer,but even though I don`t agree with the general Tax,Control,and Regulate plan, the newer push in the State Legislator has some merrot. It adrresses a few things like giving Despenceries a chance and curbing local Goverment powers against land use and over regulation to stop both growing and despencing medication. I think anyone should be allowed to grow there own medication and also to sell any extra they may produce with out the Goverment making moneys off sick people. This is the only way some sick people can aford to grow there meds. Some people who are in dire medical need ether have no place to grow or are to sick,others just don`t have a green thumb. This is where despenceries come in handy,They allow a safe market place for growers while helping those who can`t grow there own medications access. I just don`t think Goverment should be collecting taxes on medications whether they come from a pharacy or are grown. Now I`m all in favor of the State legalizing non- medical use and collecting sales tax on all non-medical cannibis sold in our state.I also agree that they should have some controls and regulations for no-medical cannabis. But No taxes,regulations,or controls are needed for medical use as that`s between me and my doctors.

Our company Thinks that the government needs to lighten up. They are spending to much money on this petty drug / so called crime. What's the worst thing a pot heads gonna do? Laugh to hard? They really need to make it legal or lighten up on it. Cause they are waisting tax payers money putting harmless people in jail. As well as destroying family's across the globe. If your a cop or a have anything to do with the government we ask you to stop and think if the time and money you wast is worth putting innocent people in jail as well as destroying family's. We at TNB Naturals are a proud sponsor of 420. And wanna help in any way possible to win this on going battle. We hope all is well in the world for everyone. We wish everyone the best:)

Its such a shame that California couldn't make a more cannabis friendly law. It needs to be controlled VERY lightly if at all. It is so much less harmful than alcohol and cigarettes and even has a lot of other non-consumption uses. I was really hoping California was going to be an example for all of the other states and blaze the trail for cannabis legalization.

I have AS. It eats up your spine. Cannibis helps better than morphine with the pain but it does much more, it slows the damage down by stopping the inflamation and works better than any NSAIDs drugs made by Big Pharma! What`s even better is that if I consume before bed time I don`t have to run around feeling high the next day to feel the benifits.Without it I`d have been bedbound years ago. Even the Fedral Doctors I`ve been to for Social Security agree it is the best treatment for me.They just don`t want to step out on record about it. I agree there are alot of people getting Doctors recomendations in Cali just to be able to get high without getting in trouble but there are some who use cannibis for purely medical reasons as well. I my self don`t care. It`s a persons free choise to do what they want to get by in this life whether it`s cannibis or alcohal.

:welcome:If you can smoke a fatty, there must be something wrong...or you have a bunch of patient friends, that hang out. The medicine I get off the shelf just above the top shelf...Sometimes I can only take one or two hits of medicine and I am high as a Georgia Pine. I have to wonder what's wrong with yours? :420: I hope you find something worthy of glass on glass

Back
Top Bottom