MrO's Perpetual Grow

MrO

Hey all,

thanks for tuning in and taking the time to join my journey. This will be my second grow, after a pretty successful Jack Herer Auto run that's now almost finished.

I have gained about 2sqft of grow space since then, and will be cramping up my little 5x2 tent as much as possible. On the list;

3x Jack Herer Auto
3x Moby Dick XXL Auto
3X Banana Kush Auto

I am growing in Coco, with slow-release organic fertilizer Gaia Green. Yes, I know, by common knowledge this does not work, fails everytime, is a terrible thing to do, and everyone using this method should do more research.

Those who are interested in new, uncommon methods of growing welcome! I hope you will enjoy following this as much as I enjoy working on it.

On the left; soon to be harvested Jack Herer Auto. In the middle, just planted an hour ago are the Moby Dick and Jack Herer. On the right, 3x Banana Kush.

I will be switching from smart pots to plastic pots for this run, hoping I will be able to reuse the pots easily. I will be adding more perlite than in my previous run.

The Banana Kush has massive leaves. Hoping to avoid height issues I've topped them a few days ago. Today marks their 2nd week. I seem to have a runt in the smaller pot, i'll keep working on it hoping he catches back up to the others.

IMG_8714.jpg

Welp, that didn't go as planned. 4 out of 6 seeds died in pots, now I only have 1 Jack and 1 MD surviving. I'll be replanting 2 MD's shortly, after I figured out what I did wrong.

Tomorrow marks 3rd week of the Banana Kush. The third runt is starting to pickup now that I up-potted to 5 gal, hoping it catches up to the others by next week. I haven't topped the runt, hoping to be able to compare results and to avoid stunting it even more than it is.

Usually boils down to planting too deep or watering too often. I've had more success since planting about half an inch deep and leaving them covered with the dome for a week before checking.

It was also my first thought, but I paid attention to both these variables this time, and really only water with a spray bottle. I think I made my medium too hot in nutrients for those seedlings, so i'll be trying the two other Moby Dicks I have left in pure unamended coco as a top layer, and mid layer with only 50% of the regular dosage. Lets see what that gives me

All is good in the tent today. I've top dressed the 3 BKush two weeks ago on the 23rd, and they have now started flowering. I transplanted the 3 Moby Dicks and the Jack Herer into 2 gallon pots this Tuesday and started LST, they're looking pretty good.

I've had an interesting first attempt at topping autos. Out of the 3, I topped two and LST'd one. Out of the two topped, one grew very bushy and is looking like absolute bomb, while the other grew 4 main massive stems and looks terribly lanky. Not sure if that's genetics or if it's really hit and miss when topping autos

I also harvested my first grow's Jack Herer, currently curing the buds. I'm expecting around 80 grams but who lets wait a few more weeks and see.

Attachments

• IMG_8853.jpg
    IMG_8853.jpg
    778.8 KB · Views: 82
After a little over a month curing, I weighted in the single plant's harvest at 131G. Really can't complain, i'm very happy with the yield and quality for a first grow.

I just top dressed all 7 plants. I'm expecting to harvest the BK in 4-5 weeks. Some of these plants grew MASSIVE colas, so much so I needed to tie them together to prevent the stems from bending all over the place and cracking under the weight. Very eager to see how much they will yield. I'm not a big fan of indica strains in general, but they are extremely sticky and smell awesome.

Back
Top Bottom