First Time Grower

Hey yall hope all is well and everyone is safe Here is an update on my babies I watered them yesterday really good with distilled water no nutes or nothing yet. I feel I had put nutes in to early hence the yellow leaf on one maybe idk. Ffof seams to have all the notes I need for a minute. Im scared to feed them anything but water any advice on when to feed them nutes? Do I absolutely have to do it? I have all the flora grow series stuff
15968078621975767985014008466795.jpg

Hey yall hope all is well and everyone is safe Here is an update on my babies I watered them yesterday really good with distilled water no nutes or nothing yet. I feel I had put nutes in to early hence the yellow leaf on one maybe idk. Ffof seams to have all the notes I need for a minute. Im scared to feed them anything but water any advice on when to feed them nutes? Do I absolutely have to do it? I have all the flora grow series stuff
15968078621975767985014008466795.jpg
I’d start pretty diluted when they’re that small, especially if the soil has nutes in it already. They look fine, not underfed.

I’d start pretty diluted when they’re that small, especially if the soil has nutes in it already. They look fine, not underfed.
Thank you. Its a learning process and experience for me. Im so tired of buying im doing it myself. If you notice anything off about them please please let me know any and all information is welcome.

So I need help everyone anyone I ordered a huge dehumidifier w3ll one that has function control if that makes any sense in the mean time my humidity is under 70 but in the 60's are my babies going to get root rot?? The dehumidifier will be here Monday. I have been keeping it at 49-55 but idk today is really bad im nervous
15969007860693498496876682368049.jpg

So I need help everyone anyone I ordered a huge dehumidifier w3ll one that has function control if that makes any sense in the mean time my humidity is under 70 but in the 60's are my babies going to get root rot?? The dehumidifier will be here Monday. I have been keeping it at 49-55 but idk today is really bad im nervous
15969007860693498496876682368049.jpg
I doubt you have anything to worry about at all. You’re going to affect soil moisture with watering much more than the humidity ever would. The plants look great, you’re doing fine!

Humidity would be more likely to cause powdery mildew than root rot, but I’ve found not all cultivars are susceptible. And even if they are, I’ve also had pretty good luck treating powdery mildew in veg. If you’re concerned, though, just open the door to your tent to let the air equalize with the room around it.

I can’t advise much about using a dehumidifier, since I haven’t tried it. I’ve got one powerful fan strapped to the outside of my tent forcing air in, and another one on the top forcing out warm air (which rises). That brings the temperature and humidity of the tent air in line with the air in my garage, which in turn has a door open to let in outside air. However, I live in an area with low summer humidity so perhaps it’s different in your neck of the woods.

I doubt you have anything to worry about at all. You’re going to affect soil moisture with watering much more than the humidity ever would. The plants look great, you’re doing fine!

Humidity would be more likely to cause powdery mildew than root rot, but I’ve found not all cultivars are susceptible. And even if they are, I’ve also had pretty good luck treating powdery mildew in veg. If you’re concerned, though, just open the door to your tent to let the air equalize with the room around it.

I can’t advise much about using a dehumidifier, since I haven’t tried it. I’ve got one powerful fan strapped to the outside of my tent forcing air in, and another one on the top forcing out warm air (which rises). That brings the temperature and humidity of the tent air in line with the air in my garage, which in turn has a door open to let in outside air. However, I live in an area with low summer humidity so perhaps it’s different in your neck of the woods.
Thank you for advice. And unfortunately I'm in one of those top named states that unfortunately isn't a great idea for growing green so that dehumidifier is definitely needed especially when I go to flower the lowest I can get it is 50 and thats freezing my whole house up the little one I have in there is ok but not practical for what I need it to do. Also the new one coming i can actually put in what percentage I need it to be and it will do that. And as far as my plants how they look thank you I'm just being a paranoid new mamma lol I'm banking on this to work for me I can't afford to keep buying weed every other day lol

Thank you for advice. And unfortunately I'm in one of those top named states that unfortunately isn't a great idea for growing green so that dehumidifier is definitely needed especially when I go to flower the lowest I can get it is 50 and thats freezing my whole house up the little one I have in there is ok but not practical for what I need it to do. Also the new one coming i can actually put in what percentage I need it to be and it will do that. And as far as my plants how they look thank you I'm just being a paranoid new mamma lol I'm banking on this to work for me I can't afford to keep buying weed every other day lol
Also I have to have the flaps open on the tent to control the humidity I can't do that when I go into flower so yes I had to invest in a big big dehumidifier

You just want to ensure the fan is actually making the plants move a bit. Overall a nice setup and looks like you’re doing a good job. Clearly done your research.

Exactly. I like to see the plant moving a bit in the breeze. I use the Vivosun clamp on oscillating fans and have them blowing across the plants. They are a bit pricey and my first one died after two grows, but Vivosun is good about replacements so I bought two more.

Good morning friends love and peace to all. Here is an update on the babies today is the 10th im going to feed them nutes im a little nervous but its cool i got this anyway have a blessed day ☺
15970706304111472746874852381414.jpg

Is this a first feeding? If so, I would start at half strength. Not familiar with your nutes, but with fox farms nutes they say to start at half strength. I'm using megacrop and it uses a graduated schedule starting weak and increasing as you go. I am using FFOF and start the nutes early and haven't had any problems. Your FFOF is good stuff and still probably has a good deal of nutrients present, so start slowly and watch your plants for their reaction.

You got this and if you over do or under do it you'll see it and can correct. Your plants are looking great.

Is this a first feeding? If so, I would start at half strength. Not familiar with your nutes, but with fox farms nutes they say to start at half strength. I'm using megacrop and it uses a graduated schedule starting weak and increasing as you go. I am using FFOF and start the nutes early and haven't had any problems. Your FFOF is good stuff and still probably has a good deal of nutrients present, so start slowly and watch your plants for their reaction.

You got this and if you over do or under do it you'll see it and can correct. Your plants are looking great.
I tried feeding them like almost a month ago and I think that was why the yellow appeared on one of the leaves. Im using FoxFarm Ocean Forrest soil and the flora grow series. So I will definitely use less than what is recommended and see what happens. And they get bottled water no tap is no good in my kneck of the woods. I also have ph up and down. Hey my humidity is at 60 65 right now I'm waiting on dehumidifier will be here Friday the one I have not working to small my question is is that temperature of humidity ok for now?? I'm worried about root rot n shit. I need these to grow so badly with no problems

I tried feeding them like almost a month ago and I think that was why the yellow appeared on one of the leaves. Im using FoxFarm Ocean Forrest soil and the flora grow series. So I will definitely use less than what is recommended and see what happens. And they get bottled water no tap is no good in my kneck of the woods. I also have ph up and down. Hey my humidity is at 60 65 right now I'm waiting on dehumidifier will be here Friday the one I have not working to small my question is is that temperature of humidity ok for now?? I'm worried about root rot n shit. I need these to grow so badly with no problems
No worries about rot at this stage of growth. That is only an issue for very dense buds late in flower. If your temp is in the 70'sF, then your humidity is right where it needs to be.

Sin-título-1-910x299.png

For veg stage, keep it in the green as best you can. Too dry at this point puts you in the red and plants pores in the leaves close up and growth is stunted. I believe that is the problem I had on my last grow. Sorry if I've posted this already. I forget who I've replied to. So anyway, don't be running that dehumidifier at this point. Do remember that a dehumidifier will also add heat to the room.

Back
Top Bottom