Mucky Pup's Killer Skunk Journal in Soil 2013

Mucky Pup

Hello,how's it going ? :welcome:

Gonna get a journal on the go as I think it's important to show what type of grower you are before you get up on the forum helping people out.

I'm growing Underground Originals Killer Skunk,here's all the detail of it :yummy:

Type: Sativa/Indica Hybrid.
Parentage: Blues x SmellyBerry.
Harvest Indoors: 7 — 9 weeks after starting 12/12 light-cycle.
Harvest Outdoors: End of September — beginning/mid October.
Cerebral Hit: Joyful, an uplifting mood enhancer; also gives good audio visual enhancements. "Killer Skunk" is sociable too, good for parties or more intimate occasions. Yet, for those who prefer it, the hit can be spiritual and illuminating, inviting meditation and contemplation.
Physical Hit: A feeling of bodily lightness, leaving the user comfortable with muscular relaxation and ease predominates.
Medicinal Value: "Killer Skunk" may well prove to be a possible medicinal keeper for someone with pain/spasm problems, or spasticity. The strong yet comfortable cerebral impact may help anyone with depressive illness. The mood is lifted considerably, yet without any accompanying paranoia or racey "edge".
Smell: Dense, strong and sweet. Hashy, with some pine and lemon hints but essentially the smell is of highest grade Cannabis. Very aromatic, Carbon filters essential!
Taste: Sublime, more-ish. Sweet, hashy and delicious!
Yield Indoors: Depending on grow skills and environment, a big yield is hard to avoid. A gram per watt of light is not so hard with Killer Skunk.
Yield outdoors: Dependant on climate and seasonal variations; but expect higher than average yields.

I'll be taking clones from my mother plant that I've had on the go for a few months now.

I find it easier listing the stuff I'm using as I go along,rather than listing it all at the beginning.

Day 1

Just gonna get everything ready for taking clones tomorrow.

So I get all my kit together

Propagator (with drip tray)
Root Riot Cubes
Seedling Tray
Jug
Kitchen Roll
Pipette
Razor Blade
Sterilizing Wipe (for razor blade)
Clonex
Green Fuse Roots
Formulex
Small Glass
Small Lid (for pouring clonex into)

Pic_1_Taking_Clones_Day_1_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg

Give everything a good clean
Pic_2_Taking_Clones_Day_1_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg

The propagator tray has loads of holes in it so I have to use a drip tray with it.
Pic_3_Taking_Clones_Day_1_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg

So I load up the seedling tray with the Root Riot Cubes
Pic_4_Taking_Clones_Day_1_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg

I'll be giving these cubes a pre-soak of 2mls per lt of Formulex & 1/2ml per lt of Green Fuse Roots
Pic_5_Taking_Clones_Day_1_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg

I use rain water for this
Pic_6_Taking_Clones_Day_1_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg

Add the nutrients,pour in to the tray & leave to soak for 15mins
Pic_7_Taking_Clones_Day_1_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg
Pic_8_Taking_Clones_Day_1_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg
Pic_9_Taking_Clones_Day_1_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg

So after they've soaked I lift them out of the nutrient solution,pour it back in the jug & then give that to my mother plant.
Pic_10_Taking_Clones_Day_1_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg
Pic_11_Taking_Clones_Day_1_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg
Pic_12_Taking_Clones_Day_1_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg

Place them back in the drip tray & stick the propagator lid back on
Pic_13_Taking_Clones_Day_1_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg
Pic_14_Taking_Clones_Day_1_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg

So this is my little propagation station.It's got x2 8 watt T5 bulbs & a little reptile heating mat in it.
Pic_15_Taking_Clones_Day_1_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg

I'm gonna stick the propagator in here over night with just the heating mat on so the Root Riot Cubes get nice & warm & the propagator will get nice & humid as well
Pic_16_Taking_Clones_Day_1_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg

That's it for today & I'll pick it up again tomorrow :thumb:

Day 2

The propagator is now warm & humid after leaving it on the heat mat overnight
Pic_17_Taking_Clones_Day_2_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg

So here is my Killer Skunk mother plant
Pic_18_Taking_Clones_Day_2_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg

Next I get some more water,add some hot to get it to room temperature & pour some in to the glass
Pic_19_Taking_Clones_Day_2_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg
Pic_20_Taking_Clones_Day_2_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg
Pic_21_Taking_Clones_Day_2_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg

Clean the blade with the sterilizing wipe
Pic_22_Taking_Clones_Day_2_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg

Then I take some cuttings,normally just above a branch node
Pic_23_Taking_Clones_Day_2_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg
Pic_24_Taking_Clones_Day_2_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg
Pic_25_Taking_Clones_Day_2_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg

Trim off the bottom leaves & stick in the glass of water
Pic_26_Taking_Clones_Day_2_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg
Pic_27_Taking_Clones_Day_2_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg
Pic_28_Taking_Clones_Day_2_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg

Now I've got a few more cuttings,I pour small amount of Clonex in to the small lid
Pic_29_Taking_Clones_Day_2_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg
Pic_30_Taking_Clones_Day_2_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg

Trim up the ends of the leaves
Pic_31_Taking_Clones_Day_2_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg
Pic_32_Taking_Clones_Day_2_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg

Snip off the end of the stem as it's too long
Pic_33_Taking_Clones_Day_2_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg
Pic_34_Taking_Clones_Day_2_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg

Then I very gently scrape off the outta layer off the bottom of the stem & dip in to the Clonex
Pic_35_Taking_Clones_Day_2_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg
Pic_36_Taking_Clones_Day_2_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg

I get a pokey stick into the Root Riot Cubes to make the cuttings slip in there easier.
Pic_37_Taking_Clones_Day_2_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg
Pic_38_Taking_Clones_Day_2_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg

Now they're all done,it's on with the lid & into my propagation station
Pic_39_Taking_Clones_Day_2_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg
Pic_40_Taking_Clones_Day_2_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg

I always throw away the used Clonex after
Pic_41_Taking_Clones_Day_2_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg

Gonna give the mother plant a good trim or she'll get too big for the space she sit's in & give her the pre-soak nutrient mixture from yesterday
Pic_42_Taking_Clones_Day_2_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg
Pic_43_Taking_Clones_Day_2_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg
Pic_44_Taking_Clones_Day_2_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg

I always collect any trimmings as I go along & dry them out under the lights for making oil with later
Pic_45_Taking_Clones_Day_2_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg

Now they're done I'll leave them for a couple of days before I open the propagator lid again & pick it up again then :thumb:

Day 5

So here are the clones after three days,still looking healthy :high-five:

Pic_46_Taking_Clones_3_Days_Later_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg
Pic_47_Taking_Clones_3_Days_Later_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg

Gonna give them a misting with some Nitrozyme today as I find it keeps the clones green & healthy while they start rooting

Pic_48_Taking_Clones_3_Days_Later_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg
Pic_49_Taking_Clones_3_Days_Later_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg

And open the vents just a small bit to help the cubes dry out & get the clones rooting looking for water

Pic_50_Taking_Clones_3_Days_Later_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg

Day 13

Clone still healthy

Pic_61_Taking_Clones_12_Days_Later_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg
Pic_62_Taking_Clones_12_Days_Later_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg

The cube have dried out quite a bit now,so gonna give them another soak

Pic_63_Taking_Clones_12_Days_Later_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg

Get some more water & add some hot to bring it to room temperature

Pic_64_Taking_Clones_12_Days_Later_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg
Pic_65_Taking_Clones_12_Days_Later_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg

I'll be using 2mls per lt of Formulex & 1/2ml per lt of Green Fuse Roots

Pic_66_Taking_Clones_12_Days_Later_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg

Add the nutrients to the water,pour in to the tray & leave to soak for 10 mins

Pic_67_Taking_Clones_12_Days_Later_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg
Pic_68_Taking_Clones_12_Days_Later_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg
Pic_69_Taking_Clones_12_Days_Later_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg

I can test to see if the clones have rooted,as they can take the weight of the soaked cube without it falling off

Pic_70_Taking_Clones_12_Days_Later_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg

So lift out the cubes,pour the nutrient solution back in to the jug & give that to my mother plant

Pic_71_Taking_Clones_12_Days_Later_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg
Pic_72_Taking_Clones_12_Days_Later_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg
Pic_73_Taking_Clones_12_Days_Later_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg

Give them another spray with the Nitrozyme

Pic_74_Taking_Clones_12_Days_Later_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg
Pic_75_Taking_Clones_12_Days_Later_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg

Back on with the lid & I'm gonna open the vents a bit more before sticking them back under the propagation lights

Pic_76_Taking_Clones_12_Days_Later_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg

Everything is fine & dandy over here.Tourist season is about to start,so things are getting busy now :thumb:

How's things your way ?,any good scandal about ?

The whole kit and kabootle is a scandal mucky...LOL....other than that we're tits up and got lots of ammo!......LOL. That's funny, tourist season starts now here too! I live very near a worldwide tourist destination, and try like heck to stay away from it....LOL...I should start workin the spoonies like they do in jamaica.....hey bratha, could ya use some ganja, i got it plenty good and chip...LOL

Day 15

Couple more have started showing roots since yesterday

Pic_81_Taking_Clones_14_Days_Later_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg
Pic_82_Taking_Clones_14_Days_Later_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg

Stick them to one side with the others that have rooted

Pic_83_Taking_Clones_14_Days_Later_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg
Pic_84_Taking_Clones_14_Days_Later_420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg

I am making an observation in respect to the health and color of your cuts. Did you take these cuts from a mother?, or from a plant that's running in your box? Whatever you took them from was very healthy, which is important, as quite a transformation takes place and the cut is put under very trying circumstances. I'm reflecting on my own technique, as I have not given my mothers adequate attention, and it's obvious from the looks of my current cuts. Oh sure, they'll grow alright, but they certainly could have been better, and that in turn would have given them a better shot at being all they could be. Plus reps to you my freind.....they LOOK GOOD!

....Did you take these cuts from a mother?, or from a plant that's running in your box?....

These cuts are from a bonsai style mother plant I've been running for about 6 months.I keep the mother under some small T5 bulbs so she doesn't grow too quick & stays small.

I've started using the Formulex to feed my mother plant now,as I've found the A/N Sensi Grow I was using a bit too nitrogen heavy,which is why the clones are such a dark green colour.I've read that too much nitrogen in the mother plant makes the cutting slower to root.

These cuts are from a bonsai style mother plant I've been running for about 6 months.I keep the mother under some small T5 bulbs so she doesn't grow too quick & stays small.

I've started using the Formulex to feed my mother plant now,as I've found the A/N Sensi Grow I was using a bit too nitrogen heavy,which is why the clones are such a dark green colour.I've read that too much nitrogen in the mother plant makes the cutting slower to root.

Hmmmm, when ya tell me about nutes the brand is less important than the numbers, It makes sense to me to put a nitrogen rich cut in to root, as far as making it root slower, I haven't experienced that. Mine have gone in soil as soon as 12 days after being cut.....Rooted.
If you check my journal you'll note that at a time everyone was tripping on cuts, so I sought to demonstrate the simplicity of the process and instill confidence in those that were having doubts and issues with the process. I first rooted cuttings with no dome, in 1-1/2 inch peat pots, then I just grabbed a coupla 2 liter soda jugs, cut the tops off, vented them, and rooted cuts in those, then I built an aerocloner and cuts are rooting in it as we speak, next the aerocloner will be modified with some fundamental strategies to see if can be improved upon. I hope someone gets something outa all my work, that's why I do what I do.:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom