Multi light question

bc90

420 Member
Hi All,

Been growing about a year now or just over - done 3 successful grows before this one

Just a quick question really that I'm struggling to find a direct answer on
(I've had loads of assistance from this site but never had to make an account as I've just used the search efficiently - many thanks to anyone who has helped without realizing!)

So to get started, I have a viparspectra W900 and also have 2x Viparspectra W600

I'm using the W900 on it's own in a tent of 100x100x180 and I'm thinking of using 1 or 2 of the W600 with it in there in addition to the W900, as you can see the dimensions on the tent might restrict having 2x W600 in there, I'll find out for definite later when home from work but I'm 100% sure that I can fit 1 x W900 + 1 x W600 with no problems on space but might be a problem with temps.

I'm hoping I can run both the W900 and W600 with both switches on Veg/Bloom without any heat issues but my question is really for a back up plan incase i have a problem maintaining temps, would it still be worth running the W600 with only Bloom switch on to supplement the W900 using veg/bloom?? or would this give too much red spectrum and be counter productive?

Even further to this, what if I had 2x W600 using only BLOOM switch with a W900 using veg/bloom?
Would they benefit?

I hope this makes sense and i look forward to your replies,

Many thanks

BC

Well if I understand your situation you have a one 418 watt light and two 275 watt lights all full spectrum? So that's like a 1000 watts right? Ok with that id stick 20 plants in there and run all the lights wide open 100% But if your doing just 3 plants just use 1 275 watt lamp. See my point?

Well if I understand your situation you have a one 418 watt light and two 275 watt lights all full spectrum? So that's like a 1000 watts right? Ok with that id stick 20 plants in there and run all the lights wide open 100% But if your doing just 3 plants just use 1 275 watt lamp. See my point?

Thank you and I see your point, I currently have 2 plants (rated 110~150cm height based on the seed info) in there with the 1 x W900 but can fit 5 in there in 15litre pots, as I have done before

Will I not get a better yield off 3 plants using the 418watt as opposed to doing 3 plants with 275??

Also, just looking to put the 600w's to use as I have them sitting around doing nothing (nice peace of mind if the 900w fails on me though so can't complain to much) but hopefully you see my point too now

All lights have the option to run VEG / BLOOM independently that's what made me think to look at using them as red light supplements?

My setup is currently all automated (smart wifi humidifier + smart space heater) and has wifi datalogging so I have temps/RH dialled in nicely and can monitor it easily, this is a recent addition and has made me feel like testing the boundaries of my available equipment

Thanks again

Its a nice rig & I see why you enjoy it, plenty of firepower but seriously add some plants is the bottom line if you wanna push more juice.
Will I not get a better yield off 3 plants using the 418watt as opposed to doing 3 plants with 275??
That depends primarily on one important detail 1. what you are feeding them exactly. & yes using the red bloom as supps is a very smart move but it might be a tad wasteful which if I gleen correctly you are ok with.

Its a nice rig & I see why you enjoy it, plenty of firepower but seriously add some plants is the bottom line if you wanna push more juice.
That depends primarily on one important detail 1. what you are feeding them exactly. & yes using the red bloom as supps is a very smart move but it might be a tad wasteful which if I gleen correctly you are ok with.

I'm using Plant Magic Grow + Bloom in minimal amounts only when the plants show they need it - have planted with supreme plus and mixed in Bat Guano, worm castings and plant magic granules so can go quite well just on water (hard water - EC is around 700/800 without adding anything.. )

Going to go with the red light supplement

Thanks mate

in case anyone interested - grow diary is on the go

Decided to go with Vipar 900w + 600w and leave the spare 600W as a spare

Cheers all

Back
Top Bottom