The Love Gang - Multi Strain - First Grow

Bilbobudkin420

I am going to basically start this journal at week 5 of veg for my mama mia plant as i made a couple of all time blunders at the beginning but I figured out where i went wrong and dialled it in. Only thing is im now left with ine plant at wk 5v and 3 babys at wk1v that im trying to catch up so i can scrog it all.
Now i say this is my first grow but i have helped people in the past with theirs at certain points, so i do have a basic understanding of the life of a mj plant ( still however didnt stop me from killing off 3 babys). So here goes my first grow and first grow journal.

Strain 1- mama mia- seedsman seeds-100 percent indica
Strain 2- gypsy haze-eva seeds-sativa dom hybrid
Strain 3- critical- royal queen- indica dom hybrid
Strain 4- lemon skunk- greenhouse seeds-50/50 hybrid

4x4 tent.
600w dual spectrum hps. On 24h due to low temps but will be switching to 18-6 or possibly 20-4 soon to help my babys stretch a little bit.
Start in home made mini smart pots using gutter guards and weed control fabric underlay.
Bio bizz all-mix soil. Pretty hot soil burnt my babys a tiny bit but that could also have been the molasses i added early on. Next time i wont hit them with molasses for a little while and ill see how they do.
All have been transferred to their 5gal pots. I could have let them go a bit longer in their small pots but I just wanted to have them all on the same playing field as soon as possible.
Have fed MM twice with plant magic plus soil grow and magnecal+ from the same brand which is made for hard water. 1ml magnecal and 3ml soil grow per 1.5litres (thats how much the big ones getting and she stays moist for 2 days). The soil magnecal+ is made to be used the whole way through alongside the grow solution as the grow solution has a lower n rating for some reason and the magnecal has a higher n rating than usual magcal.

I Originally started off with 4 lemon skunks but i exposed them to full light and took off the humidomes to early and fried them. 2 looked salvagable so i planted a mama mia and tried to get some life back into the remaining 2 ls.

The MM grew quickly but the ls were basically beyond repair so i threw them out planted the other 3 seeds and am now playing catch up to this beast of a mama mia plant. I've thrown everything at it and its bounced back within a day. Heavy lsting, topped it once, bushed it and lst'd it out, topped her again and we are now at wk5 of veg (so about 7/8 weeks from seed). She is 8" tall and has filled out my 5gal smart pot. The babys are all about 4 nodes high and are going to be topped very soon. Any suggestions to keep the MM down or would it be better to let it stretch out and then cut her back?

Week 5v day 1.
Feed Mama mia with plant magic grow + magnecal. 1ml mag 3ml grow per 1.5litres. Defol and prune of tiny growth underneath.
Water babies with just water. 120ml.
Spray all.
All water and nutes are ph'd. I use a liquid test kit. I like using these because i want to keep my soil in a ph range rather than a strict number. I always stay between 6.3-6.7 to allow for optimal uptake of different nutrients hopefully this is a good rule of thumb but it seems to be doing me pretty well SO FAR.

I am going to basically start this journal at week 5 of veg for my mama mia plant as i made a couple of all time blunders at the beginning but I figured out where i went wrong and dialled it in. Only thing is im now left with ine plant at wk 5v and 3 babys at wk1v that im trying to catch up so i can scrog it all.
Now i say this is my first grow but i have helped people in the past with theirs at certain points, so i do have a basic understanding of the life of a mj plant ( still however didnt stop me from killing off 3 babys). So here goes my first grow and first grow journal.

600w dual spectrum hps.
Start in home made mini smart pots using gutter guards and weed control fabric underlay.
Bio bizz all-mix soil. Pretty hot soil burnt my babys a tiny bit but that could also have been the molasses i added early on. Next time i wont hit them with molasses for a little while and ill see how they do.
All have been transferred to their 5gal pots. I could have let them go a bit longer in their small pots but I just wanted to have them all on the same playing field as soon as possible.

I Originally started off with 4 lemon skunks but i exposed them to full light and took off the humidomes to early and fried them. 2 looked salvagable so i planted a mama mia and tried to get some life back into the remaining 2 ls.

The MM grew quickly but the ls were basically beyond repair so i threw them out planted the other 3 seeds and am now playing catch up to this beast of a mama mia plant. I've thrown everything at it and its bounced back within a day. Heavy lsting, topped it once, bushed it and lst'd it out, topped her again and we are now at wk5 of veg (so about 7/8 weeks from seed). She is 8" tall and has filled out my 5gal smart pot. The babys are all about 4 nodes high and are going to be topped very soon.

Your album is set to "album owner only".

Go find your album, and check the box (on it..upper left) scroll down and set it to "members only"

You can see your pictures, but we can not. I'm just trying to help.

Welcome to the forum!!! :welcome:

Just a quick word about the mama mia. Its one of seedsman seeds own strains (supplied by independent breeders they have made contact with over the years) and it is one strong girl. I accidentaly snapped a branch and split another a little bit in the same day, came back the next day and it still grew vigorously, didnt slow her down one bit. I will definitely be looking into more of their genetics. Especially happy as this was a freebie seed.

Just a quick word about the mama mia. Its one of seedsman seeds own strains (supplied by independent breeders they have made contact with over the years) and it is one strong girl. I accidentaly snapped a branch and split another a little bit in the same day, came back the next day and it still grew vigorously, didnt slow her down one bit. I will definitely be looking into more of their genetics. Especially happy as this was a freebie seed.
Grab some clones?

Look good man.. mind if I take a seat? New here just wanna get myself out there
Thanks. good to know people think im on the right track.
Of course not man thats why ive put my stuff out there, want as many opinions as I can get. Thats how i like to learn. Listen to different opinions and figure out what makes sense to me.

Ohh my bad lol. Unfortunately not got the space yet just got the one tent up. I am planning on another tent though and I do have 2 more seeds which I plan on keeping and using as mothers for my own blend if and when i decide to start breeding (If they turn out being just as hardy).

4x4 tent.
600w dual spectrum hps. On 24h due to low temps but will be switching to 18-6 or possibly 20-4 soon to help my babys stretch a little bit.
Have fed MM twice with plant magic plus soil grow and magnecal+ from the same brand which is made for hard water. 1ml magnecal and 3ml soil grow per 1.5litres (thats how much the big ones getting and she stays moist for 2 days). The soil magnecal+ is made to be used the whole way through alongside the grow solution as the grow solution has a lower n rating for some reason and the magnecal has a higher n rating than usual magcal.

The MM grew quickly but the ls were basically beyond repair so i threw them out planted the other 3 seeds and am now playing catch up to this beast of a mama mia plant. I've thrown everything at it and its bounced back within a day. Heavy lsting, topped it once, bushed it and lst'd it out, topped her again and we are now at wk5 of veg (so about 7/8 weeks from seed). She is 8" tall and has filled out my 5gal smart pot. The babys are all about 4 nodes high and are going to be topped very soon. Any suggestions to keep the MM down or would it be better to let it stretch out and then cut her back?

Week 5v day 1.
Feed Mama mia with plant magic grow + magnecal. 1ml mag 3ml grow per 1.5litres. Defol and prune of tiny growth underneath.
Water babies with just water. 120ml.
Spray all.
All water and nutes are ph'd. I use a liquid test kit. I like using these because i want to keep my soil in a ph range rather than a strict number. I always stay between 6.3-6.7 to allow for optimal uptake of different nutrients hopefully this is a good rule of thumb but it seems to be doing me pretty well SO FAR.

Wk5 day 2
All look healthier than yesterday. Leaves nice and flat and slightly pointing up.
Mama mia looking healthy and has responded already to defol, pruning and lst (such a strong girl). Has enjoyed its feed no signs of burn at all.
Babies looking good. Top all babies. Leave Mama mia to recover a bit more and grow upwards before doing anymore training.
Spray all with ph'd water.
My temps have been rolling around between 22C and 28C. Will be switching to 18-6 light cycle as soon as the weather sorts itself out and actually kicks into spring properly. Pictures to come.

I believe I have a plan of attack for my situation. Ive just purchased a veg boosting foliar spray. So now Ive topped them ill let some growth come through and then start hitting it with the spray and start feeding the roots aswell. Ill just leave the mama mia with root feeding for the time being until the babies have got some decent growth on them.
Drop the scrog train babies into it, let MM grow through and up then clip tops off once babies have stretched out enough then train MM into scrog aswell.

Wk5 day 2
All look healthier than yesterday. Leaves nice and flat and slightly pointing up.
Mama mia looking healthy and has responded already to defol, pruning and lst (such a strong girl). Has enjoyed its feed no signs of burn at all.
Babies looking good. Top all babies. Leave Mama mia to recover a bit more and grow upwards before doing anymore training.
Spray all with ph'd water.
My temps have been rolling around between 22C and 28C. Will be switching to 18-6 light cycle as soon as the weather sorts itself out and actually kicks into spring properly. Pictures to come.

Back
Top Bottom