Multiple plants per bucket?

Dravis85

Will a 5 gallon bucket be able to support multiple plants for DWC?

I had originally planned on 6" basket lid with a single plant per bucket for my cabinet grow. Due to limitations of my area I can fit only 2 buckets. I was wondering if I could capitalize on each with a 10" basket and 2 or 3 plants per bucket. My medium is 1.5" peat pellets into hydroton. I am aerating and using a wick in these buckets for hydration. Mainly I would like to try this to be able to grow out and sex more than 2 plants. I have 454 watts of light.

I figure if I can't support extra plants, then I take my chances on just 2. If I get all males, worst case, I have to get femmed seeds next time.

Have you considered a tote container? You can get these cheap as hell at Big Lots and all different sizes too, just measure them to see which one will fit your space.

I've recently seen where ppl were growing in 2 ltr soda bottles too, you can pack a bunch of those things in a tight space and the trays for them are easy to get too...right behind most stores stacked up...just a thought, hope this helps.

For me, personally, I'm not crazy about promoting root bind but that's just me.

A tote may be a better option as suggested by 420 Warrior. You want to keep plenty of root space and also if you get into trouble with a sick plant or hermie, you can play hell trying to get the plant out if you put more than one per bucket.

It depends on the growing style or method, and how much space you have to grow in, and also how big the plants will get and of course number of plants.

Im also an advocate of more root space the better so we try and allow 5 to 10 gallons per plant for root space. Also, increasing the amount of water capacity can help stabilize your system and keep it stable. You dont want to be wasteful of course but the more volume of water you have the easier it is to maintain stable PH for one.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom