My clones are sickly, could y'all take a look please?

GrowingGirls

Several of the dozen clones I took from my lanky ladies (link to journal below in sig) 3 days ago are looking weak this morning. I searched the forums but couldn't find something similar to my issue, so any help would be much appreciated.

The info:

What Strain is it? Sackseed Surprise (I just now made that up!)
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? looks like sativa to me
How Many? 12 clones (4 from each of 3 barely flowering moms)
Indoor or Outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro? soil
What is in your Mix? garden dirt (w/ horse manure) and perlite
If Soil... What Size Pot? 16 oz plastic cups
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 2 15w fluorescent tubes per 6 clones
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 85F
RH of Room/Cabinet? 55 (working on raising this now)
Any Pests? I saw what looked like a small fly in there this morning.
How Often are you Watering? Misting several times a day, watered 1 oz per plant this morning (this was the first watering)
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? nothing yet
Size or Square Footage of Room? too big! (4' x 8'-ish)

Problem 1: weak and wilty (but still very green)

wilt.jpg

Problem 2: yellowing leaves w/ brown/black patches

yellow8.jpg

you cut them and thru them in soil and watered them I guess.
clones need a specific environment. temp,humidity,PH and medium
If your going low buck Ive seen people root clones in plain water
If those clones have no roots yet then they will die.

Going low buck mostly, yes, but I keep spending money for more lighting on my big flowering ladies...I can't help myself!

I know they need a specific environment, and I've been doing my best to give them that from the start. I didn't throw it all together haphazardly, I assure you. :)

If these don't work out (although I doubt I'll lose ALL of them), I do have 4 rockwool cubes left over from a grow I did a few years ago...I'll try those.

Going to get these domed today.

a 4 dollar dome and your set. If I can make a suggestion....
get a bottle of Clonex or Olivias. If you want to really make it work get a bottle of Vitagrow. that stuff will root a rusty piece of iron railing.
dip the cutting in Vitagrow, put some Cloning solution in and put the cutting in a Rapid Rooter plug or Root Riot (my fav). rockwool will work fine also...make sure you PH the rockwool first.
cloning was hard for me...some people get it right away...not me. I use an EZ cloner and it works every time. Ill show you some flowering clones(they take longer due to needing to revert to veg.
015157.JPG

004371.JPG

011226.JPG

you need warm water before you roottone and plant 1, seed is eazier and less problems 2, i fist time two and its all trial and air sweetheart, i went through 6 clones doing it wrong and stress my mother so personal i wont clone a gain, to much work with humidy air flow water climate i say seed is better i didnt have problems with though dag buys tell cloning, then it was white on rice. hard to get red of them two, later good luck :goodluck:

yeah i always use a rooting gel to get things going much faster, still will need the humidity to be up though. Atami B'cuzz rooting gel in my experience gets them well rooted in about three days, without rock wool or moss. Also try removing extra leaves from the bottom, this will cause the plant to use less energy and focus on the rooting/growth. Hope u get everything situated, peace...

Back
Top Bottom