My DIY LEDs

while researching LED grow I've lost all of logic that i got when growing with HPS and MH bulbs so if some good soul would return me on right track: why do you use 3000k lights and why not 4000k? Graphs show better blue in 4000k and almost same red as with 3000k
se here:
V70_Light-Quality_img01.jpg

also, why no one uses blue (royal blue) and red COBs?

Terp, great looking array and thank you for the information shared. It's because of guys like you that makes this and other forums a place I'll keep coming back to, to keep learning and growing. I had no idea how fun growing could be.

I'm building 12"X40" passive heat sink, 8 light array using 3070/3000k AB and I plan on adding a few singles in the blue and red spectrum's to boost those wavelengths in the future one I get my head around all of this tech-no stuff. Will be running in parallel using the MW HLG-320H-36A for the 3070's. Before I add any additional lights I want to see how it does on its own.

For the record, this is not my design. There is a fellow on another forum who has held my hand through the design and product acquisitions. Stephen, if you're out there I just wanted to give you a shout out and say thanks for the help.

Once again, thx for sharing...

Wow Terp very impressive builds you got there. You should totally make a tutorial on exactly how you built your Cree flowering light with part sources :thumb:

I use 3k for straight flower because of the HighRed/Low Blues and 4k full cycle with the highreds/highblues.
I personally like little more red for straight flower fixtures. I veg with 3000K if I have strains that don't wanna open up. Here is CXB200 3000K on right and Vero240 4000K on left.
I also like to power the (2)3590s with Meanwell HLG 185H C1400B and Vero29s Meanwell HLG 120H 36B with Stella optics/holder. CXB200 powers down to 10watts to each Emitter and Vero240 powers down to 20watts to each Emitter.Cooliance Based Active Force Air Intake/Exhaust. Super Quiet Machines
Finding the right balance of power to COB vs Spacing Of COBs should be looked at very carefully when designing/developing COB based fixtures. CXB200/Vero240 is a project I worked on over the last year and Sponsors/Banners will start 12/1 with our partnership with 420mag. I am very excited to show the LED community the newest technology available to my Brothers/Sisters. Handbuilt California USA using highest quality Components/Craftmanship available.
IMG_196614.JPG

Very Good Platform. We Buildem for the Growers that Cant or don't have time to.
Vero is Budget and CXB are Best:thumb:
IMG_187218.JPG

IMG_186822.JPG

For anyone wanting to get there feet wet or entry level COB based. Try Bridgelux Vero18 3000K/4000K @ 1amp

hi TERP can you tell me the best way to dim your light has i want to build 1 the same and were can i get the dimmer from thanks dave

Great thread Terp, I'm trying to get my head around the math of LED arrays, I'll get it some day! All I know is the girls are loving the new Cree light...

DSC_0077-001.JPG
DSC_0079-001.JPG
DSC_0084-001.JPG

Hi peeps just signed up today after many hours of reading most of the led build blogs and watching Growmau vids till my eyes hurt.
I done the mars panel hack on a 400w and 700w using just the heat sinks and 8 vero 29s with 4 f12 arctic fans plus 2 hlg 240-2100s
WOW what a blinding experience with just 6 connected and 2 100k dim pots tuned up i will post pics if needed.
I also found that instead of ditching the mars panels
Done a little hack myself and got the 400 panel connected to 1 of the 700 ma chinese drivers to light the full 80 5w chips at 50 watts.
makes a great wee light for pepper plants sry about my grammar and spelling i am no wordsworth lol

Back
Top Bottom