My DWC Deep Water Culture

Re: Hi all! My dwc Deep Water Culture

Wow, they are looking awesome! Keep up the good work, they'll be monsters!

Thanks Topher! That is something I'm a little concerned about. I have limited space 2'x2' floor, I'm a little worried they are going to get to wide. Guess that's a good problem to have though lol.

Hopefully with some lst in another week or so things will stay under control for good lighting on both plants.

Now thats one nice lookin salad ! Pass the crutons please! I'm almost done with my first hydro grow of AK48s as well! I hope you get more females than I did (1out of 6) just started my last 4 they should be females right, 50% !! Anyhow hope you get all females its a good strain I can't wait to toke one up very soon ! :peace:

Thanks ol hippy, does look like a salad in one pic lol.

Good luck with the rest of your grow. Will have to check it out, is it posted on here? I hear the AK 48 is a great strain, tastes like crap and is potent as hell.

The AK was a feminized seed so no guess work there. The other plant is from a hermied plant my buddy was growing. I could be misinformed but I have read once and then been told, a plant that fertilizes itself produces female seeds. Like I said I have yet to confirm that but, I hope its true.

Good luck with those seeds, all girls hopefully:cheer:

excuse me for being ignorant but I thought that was how you get feminized seeds?If not how? misting with gibberellic acid? screwing with the light cycle while in flower? I never could make my plants throw off a male flower regularly(on a full female) only worked about 60-70% of the time whenever I tried (and yes they were females every time). I thought Ed said to screw with the lights in bud cycle? I haven't grown in 10-12 years so theres got to be some new techniques out there.

yarddog,

if those beautiful bushy plants were mine, and IF I had the height space, I would do a Deliberate Stretch . If you can and want to, I'd be glad to tell you how to do it.

hey Roseman, height space is something I do have. I think a little stretch would benefit me a lot. When I woke up this morning I was thinking I might have to move the Waterfarm out of the cabinet because of the width these plants are putting on.

The leaves are already starting to overlap each other, the AK is 17" wide now. I would be really interested in your technique, is it more than just raising the light?

Thanks for the help

Lights are raised, thanks Roseman!

Plants are lookin great and Roseman is right about the stretch. It helped my Indica plants get three or so more inches. I had to do mine for about 36 hours to get the results I wanted. Later brother!!

Thanks ol hippy, does look like a salad in one pic lol.

Good luck with the rest of your grow. Will have to check it out, is it posted on here? I hear the AK 48 is a great strain, tastes like crap and is potent as hell.

The AK was a feminized seed so no guess work there. The other plant is from a hermied plant my buddy was growing. I could be misinformed but I have read once and then been told, a plant that fertilizes itself produces female seeds. Like I said I have yet to confirm that but, I hope its true.

Good luck with those seeds, all girls hopefully:cheer:

That is true. Unfortunately in my experience, The offspring of the hermied plant will hermie as well. Which is ok if your only growing that plant, but if the plant is of questionable origin I wouldn't suggest keeping it with your "good" strains. Because not only will the hermie seed itself, but it will seed everything in the room, and fertilize all your good strains with crap genetics and seeds with hermie prone genetics.
just so ya know......

That is true. Unfortunately in my experience, The offspring of the hermied plant will hermie as well. Which is ok if your only growing that plant, but if the plant is of questionable origin I wouldn't suggest keeping it with your "good" strains. Because not only will the hermie seed itself, but it will seed everything in the room, and fertilize all your good strains with crap genetics and seeds with hermie prone genetics.
just so ya know......

Dang transsexual seeds, I hate them!

Dang transsexual seeds, I hate them!

Ditto... I still have six plants downstairs that hermied on me that are just waiting for my lazy ass to cut up into budder fodder. Stupid hermies...

:peace:

Sup yarddog, just stopping in to see what you got going on. The plants and set-up look great. I'm subscribed.

Sup yarddog, just stopping in to see what you got going on. The plants and set-up look great. I'm subscribed.

Cool thanks bradkb appreciate the kind words:thanks:

Update to come in a few once I download pics. A plant payed the ultimate sacrifice tonight...

:ciao:

Just raise all of the lights about twice as far away for 18 to 24 hours.

Well my friend thank you again. Raised the lights and 24 hours later here she is

420033.jpg

A lot taller now that's for sure. This is day 2 on 12/12...the fun begins.

A few more shots of her. The leaves seem a little lighter green now. Could that be from the 12/12 switch?

420042.jpg

420044.jpg

420034.jpg

The stalk is getting thick

420046.jpg

A little "up skirt" lol

420047.jpg

420049.jpg

Now the sacrifice

420037.jpg

ouch...

420038.jpg

The amount of space I have and the fact that the seed came from a hermie plant made me decide to chop it down. If I had room somewhere else I would have moved it but this cabinet is all I have to grow in. I think it would have been crowded by week 2 of flower, only running a 250w hps and the cabinet has a 2'x2' foot print. Hated to cut it but oh well.

It had some nice roots

420040.jpg

The Waterfarm top bucket is too deep. These roots were on the bottom of the top bucket, not making it through the little holes.

420041.jpg

That's a lot of roots that could have been in bubbly water.

Thanks all for the advice and kind words :peace:

Yeah man now that the waterfarm is empty, flip that thing over and drill out about 20-25 holes in the bottom. That way so much more root mass will make it down into the res and you'll get much improved growth. Waterfarms grow MAMMOTH plants.

Yeah man now that the waterfarm is empty, flip that thing over and drill out about 20-25 holes in the bottom. That way so much more root mass will make it down into the res and you'll get much improved growth. Waterfarms grow MAMMOTH plants.

Yeah that is my next thing to do after I clean it all out. Once my AK is 30-40 days into flower I think I will get a couple of quality clones from the co-op to start veg in the waterfarm.

yarddog35,

If someone asked me WHAT DO THEY MEAN BY THE WORD LUSH

I would tell them to look at your plants! VERY HEALTHY LOOKING!!!

:thanks: Thanks Roseman. I'm really happy with the way she is coming along.

Even though I am witnessing it right in front of me, I still can't believe the growth rate with this set up!

Back
Top Bottom