My DWC Deep Water Culture

Re: Hi all! My dwc Deep Water Culture

Damn that AK looks good mine is all nasty looking brown dried up leaves, but the buds are getting so heavy that I had to tie them up or they'd fall over !! You'll see very soon .. :yummy:

Thanks everyone!

Damn that AK looks good mine is all nasty looking brown dried up leaves, but the buds are getting so heavy that I had to tie them up or they'd fall over !! You'll see very soon .. :yummy:

Be sure to get me some pics as those buds mature bro, would love to see.
Good to hear you have some weight on your girl! I feel like that day is SO far away for me.

Supplemental lighting

Just wanted to show what I am using for lights at the early flower stage.

The main light is a 250w high pressure sodium all in one unit (ballast and bulb in the hood), it gets very hot. If I had some extra cash on hand I would buy a 400w switchable remote ballast set up...but I don't. So I added some 2700 kelvin cfl lights I bought from Lowes.

420_072.jpg

I use a plug strip (not a surge protector) also purchased from Lowes for $4.
This holds a 23w 2700k cfl along with a large 65w 2700k bulb. One screw is all I need to move to raise this up.

420_073.jpg

There is another large 65w 2700k cfl hanging in the back corner. I would hang another in the other corner but my ducting runs down there.

420_074.jpg

I also have a 23w 2700k hanging in the front that you can see in the first pic.

The great thing about adding cfl's to your hid light is how close you can put them to the plant. My plant is very bushy now so these lights make up for what the hid can't reach.

Good job with the extra cfl's. That is good 6-9000 lumen increase. Plants will thank you for it! Can't beat the 23w bulbs for price. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the great comments all :thanks:

Everything is still going very smooth. Doing a res change every 3 days now, washing the tub every time. 16 days into flower.

Ph gets set at 5.8 then tops out around 6.2. The extra cfl's raised temps up which in turn lowered my humidity. High temp is 81*-82*, rh is 40-43 not too bad at all. I'm really pleased with res temperature, sticking around 68* now that she shades the whole tub lol.

I took a few pics tonight, don't want to bore you all with a bunch of non bud pics.

She is just about 18" tall now, takes up the whole closet in width.

420_075.jpg

That gallon water jug is looking smaller

420_076.jpg

She is starting to show small flowers now!

420_078.jpg

420_077.jpg

Next task is to rig something up so I don't have to take her out for the res changes. I can tell in a few more weeks taking her out a lot will be tough.

:peace:YD

Dog, I just added some CFL set ups to my CFL Tutorial, one like yours too.

What do you do for Odor Control? Just let them stink?

Yeah she is starting to put off an odor now. I have noticed it the last couple of days when I come home. I can smell it right when I walk in.

I am going to use your bucket method but on a smaller scale like chevyman did, perfect for what I need.

You got my vote for member of the month bro! Thanks for all your work!

A much needed update

Day 22 of flower, everything is still on cruise control. Showing some great little tiny flowers!

I will save the reading for the end...on to the pics!:yummy:

420_079.jpg

420_081.jpg

420_082.jpg

She has grown a foot taller in 15 days! Not quite an inch a day but hey, I'm only using a 250w hps.

420_083.jpg

A shot with her and, her 2 gallons of fresh water and food.

420_084.jpg

A "stump" pic lol

420_085.jpg

Root bundle

420_089.jpg

She is really taking over her grow space in width but I think it will be fine...well it has to be lol

420_090.jpg

She is on full blown flower nutes now, I even fed her a little more last change with no problems. Still adding 5ml "grow" nutes to the 2 gallons for a little extra N.

Its amazing watching the transition from veg to flower. She started with fat leaves and she was very bushy during veg. Now her top leaves are very skinny, she is completely changing.

Last but not least. Today is a proud day! My first successful clone!!!!

420_088.jpg

420_087.jpg

I was really worried I would not have a clone from this strong plant. This is my third attempt (before I read the awesome thread on the fog cloner). Now hopefully I will have a momma that I can clone. The fog cloner parts will be on order soon.

Back
Top Bottom