How to determine watering schedule

gunjababy

I'm trying 1st attempt in growing my meds, I have blueberry and skunk #1. as of today they are 18 days old.

Here's a quick rundown of where i am at now:

germed on 11/24 ( paper towel method)
seed split open exposing taproot 11/26, also place in rockwool in dome under light.
11/27 both broke surface, place into 2 1/2 pot container

11/27 through 12/09 been giving them PH'd tap water

12/12/09 give them their 1st shot of nutes. 25% strength Fox Farm big bloom. give both plants half a gallon each.

MY QUESTION IS HOW DO I FOLLOW THE FF feeding CHART ?
since i feed them nutes on 12/12/09 do i give them regular h20, then the next time i give them nutes? And if yes is this when i bump it to half strength or go full strength from now on ?

THX

Half a gallon? Hmmm what size container and soil ya usin bro?

Here is the FF feeding schedule: https://www.foxfarmfertilizer.com/soilfeed.pdf. If you plants are 3 weeks old and seemingly cue to fed. You'd start them at about 1/4 strength for the feed that week. So for instance with a 3 week old plant i'd give her 1/4 Tbsp Grow Big and 1/2 Tbsp of Big Bloom. Then adjust according to your ladies responses. Remember its better for the ladies to raise the feeding regimen gradually ;)

Pics? :popcorn:

Half a gallon? Hmmm what size container and soil ya usin bro?

Here is the FF feeding schedule: https://www.foxfarmfertilizer.com/soilfeed.pdf. If you plants are 3 weeks old and seemingly cue to fed. You'd start them at about 1/4 strength for the feed that week. So for instance with a 3 week old plant i'd give her 1/4 Tbsp Grow Big and 1/2 Tbsp of Big Bloom. Then adjust according to your ladies responses. Remember its better for the ladies to raise the feeding regimen gradually ;)

Pics? :popcorn:

they are in 2 1/2 gallon containers and i'm using FF soil. I have the feeding schedule i just want to make sure im following it right.

How do u feed ur plants ? nutes,water,nutes ,water... or nutes, nutes, water ?

they are in 2 1/2 gallon containers and i'm using FF soil. I have the feeding schedule i just want to make sure im following it right.

How do u feed ur plants ? nutes,water,nutes ,water... or nutes, nutes, water ?

Nutes, water, nutes water. But if i have a PH problem or i've over-fert, then i do water,water,nutes,water,water, nutes :peace:

1/2 gallon is way to much for your pot/plant size. I use a 1/2 gallon for 4ft plants in 5-gallon pots.

:amen: That's why I asked what kind of soil are you using gunja. Sounds like it doesnt have good drainage. About 16-32oz of water/nutes if that. Your ladies are 3 weeks old, its very unlikely that they will drink 1/2 gallon.:smokin:

ok so being the fact that i gave them 25% do i move to 50% strength ?
NO!!!!! Not at 3 weeks old. I only nute once a week in soil. Keep them at 25% for a couple of weeks and keep an eye on them. If they want more, they will let you know. Better than burning them by over nuting.

:amen: That's why I asked what kind of soil are you using gunja. Sounds like it doesnt have good drainage. About 16-32oz of water/nutes if that. Your ladies are 3 weeks old, its very unlikely that they will drink 1/2 gallon.:smokin:

Dro is right on, and it does sound like you need some perlite in that mix to lighten it up and improve the drainage. Also sounds like they are over potted.

A good rule of thumb is 1 gallon of pot size for every foot of plant size.

DD

I fed mine 25% strength at about the 2 week mark, the following week I did 50%, and the next two weeks I did 100%. The plants seemed to love it. No burn issues at all. During Veg I only fed them FF Grow Big nothing else. Watch your plants as they will tell you if it's too strong. If you see the early signs of burn hit them with some PH'd water.

Hey Screw and DD,

How does your plant tell you they need stronger nutes, what signs to look for ?

Slow growth, very light green in color, generally weak looking. Always start easy with the nutes. Not all strains like it strong. Some can take all you can throw at them and others burn at 25%. That is way it is important to start weak and gradually work up. I had no burn issues with my 7 strains. Got lucky. I vegged for 32 days and fed them 4 times. The last feeding I gave them a light dose of flower nutes before giving them a 24 hour nap and then went 12/12. Now I am throwing them nutes 2-3 times a weeks with no signs of burn.

Slow growth, very light green in color, generally weak looking. Always start easy with the nutes. Not all strains like it strong. Some can take all you can throw at them and others burn at 25%. That is way it is important to start weak and gradually work up. I had no burn issues with my 7 strains. Got lucky. I vegged for 32 days and fed them 4 times. The last feeding I gave them a light dose of flower nutes before giving them a 24 hour nap and then went 12/12. Now I am throwing them nutes 2-3 times a weeks with no signs of burn.

33 pretty much nailed it as far as what to look for.

It's easy to add more nutes, not so easy to get them out if you've overdone it.

Also, I don't go from 25% to 50%, but between the 2. I very gradually increase the nutes till you see just what that particular strain likes.

Like 33 says, some will take over strength nutes and some will burn at 25%. It's up to you to find out what your particular ladies like, just do it slow and easy.

DD

First off let me say that I am NOT an experienced grower but am experienced in life in general :)

All the advice that has been stated in this thread is excellent advice! Plants are a living thing and being as such they ALL need something different. There is no set parameter as to when and how much to feed. You just have to keep constant attention to your crop and use common sense. "This plant looks really ill, ie: droopy leaves, discoloration, slow growth etc... " Well, what do you do when you get sick or are not feeling so well? Take medicine... same thing for the plants. (nutes) Make sure not to overdose your plants though, the strength should be 1/4 strength to start, then let the plants tell you what they need. Monitor the PH and ppm very carefully. These are your babies, they need much care to be all they can be. Sure, you can get lazy with it and they will be resilient and give you a small/poor quality yield... but why would you waste the time to even germ them if you aren't in it for real... know what I mean?

Anyways, I hope that didn't come off as rude or attacking. Just wanted to toss in my $0.2 on the topic. I hope someone takes something away from it :) Good night.

- johnny

Back
Top Bottom