My first grow ever! Please check it out!

Medicalissue

(Autoflower) It started with the bottom Leaves and eventually worked its way up. On the more recent leaves that has developed has brown in the along the edge the the leaf blade. Hopefully you can see it the pictures. If anybody could help PLEASE!

im using root organics by aurora
temp-77
hum-45%

Yes im 3 weeks flowering. Iv'e been trying to figure this out for the past 2 days. I was starting to really stress out lol. When you say new growth how far down from my newest leaves? So i dont have lockout or any deficiencies? Why do i have the brown on the blades of the leaves. I have a few of those brown bladed leaves about 5 inches from the very top or my newest growth. thank you so much

Leaf problems at lower levels + start of flower sounds like the mag hungry cannabis plant is after a little drink of Epsom salts(magnesium sulphate)... I don't know why people go the calmag route as the more calcium in the feed the less magnesium can be uptook and vice versa, id say only use calmag if Epsom fails as you'd live in a poor water quality area with low levels of calcium... They require minute calcium but some strains such as big bud crave the magnesium.... It's also at the start of flower you Give them it and the start of flower when you see the lower leaves getting mag issues...

Edit: looking great though, just hope whatever the issue is stays at bay ;)

I just gave it 2 tsp of Elemental last night which is the cal/mag pack from the Roots Organic Line.I was supposed to feed it nutrients last night also for week 3 Flwer but i wasn't sure if i would damage it any further. How much epson salt would i give it per gallon of water? or how do i do that. Also its not just the lower leaves. The 2nd picture from the top that i posted with the brown on the blades of the leaves is toward the top of my auto. my PH run off i just tested was 6.8. is that too high?:thanks:

Not sure with soil @ runoffs and just 1 tablespoon to 20ltr, also I'd feed em it on a watering day with the watet, not a feed day always with salts you mix with hot water before adding it to the feed.

You can't feed as often with soil as you can coco. Can feed em daily with coco but sounds as if your after the orgie route

Isn't it the ec runoff that counts as soil acts as a buffer that's why it's easier to use it to grow, so you see how much they ate???

Generally don't have to worry with ph in soil

i think your right. So i mix it with hot water and just pour it ? The 2nd picture from the top that i posted with the brown on the blades of the leaves is toward the top.... about 5 inches down. Is this normal for week3 flower?

Some strains like big bud can't finish without em, start of flowers the only time they crave it. I've had 20 x wwxbb Hermie + do poorly then when a studied all about the hunger for mag at start of flower. have very strong opinions against using calmag after I found out the ca and mag compete for uptake with cannabis genetics where as chilli's on the other hand love the stuff lol... after seeing the issue repeatedly for myself then fix everything I saw them bloom good ;)

Edit: calcium effects new growth I.e cutting potentials, the mag comes as them pics show & can get rust coloured leaves, it's still fanleaves effected & as I say you normally have enough ca in the water supply for the full term, not mag.

First pic of her from a distance looks wonderful.
Good job.

:Namaste:

Welcome to 420 mag!

If you're going to run soil, run soil and loose the PH meter. PH meters are for hydro. Build a good soil and forget the meter. Healthy soil buffers through microbes and limestone. If you try to PH nutrients and soil, checking run off etc, you're only complicating things and are going to drive your self crazy. It creates unnecessary worry and complication. I don't get why people insist on trying to blend the two growing types. Old habits die hard I suppose and people want to feel on top and in control.

My take on your plant.....

3 weeks might be a bit early to get yellowing down low, but I don't do autos, and have certainly never worked with that strain. Maybe give her some worm casting tea, or simply top dress some castings. I have a stain that begins yellowing and dropping fans at 3 1/2 weeks. No matter what I give it, that's just the way it is.

I'd strip the yellowed leaves, apply your chosen course of action, if any, and observe. It's good that you've noted WHERE on the plant these little issues are occurring. That is a clue when issues arise.

I don't see yellowing between the veins indicative of Mg deficiency, only an even yellowing which means she's deconstructing the chlorophyll down low and transporting the component nutrients to the growth terminals.

The pic of the one leaf 5" down looks more like a Potassium issue with its curled up, yellowing then browning margins.

:peace:

Welcome to 420 mag!

If you're going to run soil, run soil and loose the PH meter. PH meters are for hydro. Build a good soil and forget the meter. Healthy soil buffers through microbes and limestone. If you try to PH nutrients and soil, checking run off etc, you're only complicating things and are going to drive your self crazy. It creates unnecessary worry and complication. I don't get why people insist on trying to blend the two growing types. Old habits die hard I suppose and people want to feel on top and in control.

My take on your plant.....

3 weeks might be a bit early to get yellowing down low, but I don't do autos, and have certainly never worked with that strain. Maybe give her some worm casting tea, or simply top dress some castings. I have a stain that begins yellowing and dropping fans at 3 1/2 weeks. No matter what I give it, that's just the way it is.

I'd strip the yellowed leaves, apply your chosen course of action, if any, and observe. It's good that you've noted WHERE on the plant these little issues are occurring. That is a clue when issues arise.

I don't see yellowing between the veins indicative of Mg deficiency, only an even yellowing which means she's deconstructing the chlorophyll down low and transporting the component nutrients to the growth terminals.

The pic of the one leaf 5" down looks more like a Potassium issue with its curled up, yellowing then browning margins.

:peace:
I cleaned up a few of the yellow leaves. I was wondering how i could open up my canopy a bit without putting stress on her.It is an auto and i heard not to really LST or anything because they dont respond to stress too well. What do you think? Im gonna take a few more pictures today.

I don't worry too much about thinning unless there is a humidity/ventilation issue or I have to curb water consumption for some reason.

I don't know that many people know this, but the leaves that are shaded are structurally different than sun leaves. They are designed to be a little more efficient at CO2 exchange as the full sun leaves. Also, the fan leaves are large factories that manufacture and store energy and mineral/sugar compounds. You take those away, you've taken away not only energy production potential, but also what is stored as well as the initial effort of the plant to create that factory. Later in life the plant (usually) draws upon those stores as it ripens. It is easier for the plant to breakdown and relocate those stores rather than take it up from the root system.

My statement will be unpopular, I'm sure. Sometimes we do things just because that's the way it's been done....forever. Popular ideas and methods sometimes don't jive with science, yet they persist because it's just the way it's done. Life is full of such instances.

I cleaned up a few of the yellow leaves. I was wondering how i could open up my canopy a bit without putting stress on her.It is an auto and i heard not to really LST or anything because they dont respond to stress too well. What do you think? Im gonna take a few more pictures today.

you don't lst them for the same reason you can't take cuttings. Autos only have a short life so you have no margain to let the plant recover from any stress. Also they're not photoperiod so you can't keep it in veg with 18/6 to lst/take cuts. it'll flower automatically obviously lol

Back
Top Bottom