My First Grow (Indoor Cheese)

dirwin85

Alright lets get started with this. my grow room is a 4x3x5.5 closet meaning 4x3 and 5 and a half foot high. I have the walls all covered in tin foil as it was cheap and accessible for my first grow. for ventilation i bought a high powered bathroom exhaust fan that is very quiet and have it hard wired to always run, as well as a hepa filter with ionizer. I decided to go all LED's on my grow lights after reading the amazing reviews from people who have tried them i went with a 55 watt panel i placed on the ceiling of the grow room and 2 5watt 430nm bulbs for my main led growing lights. so soil i used miracle grow potting soil with bat guano and per lite.

2x - led-red-630nm-grow-light-5w-standard-base-120v-p-2026

1x - New 55 Watt LED Grow Light Panel Hydropronic Plant Red Blue : SKY754 - Buy.com

2 days ago i started germination to be safe i did 2 paper towel and 2 shot glass submersion, all 4 sprouted!!!

yesterday around noon i sterilized and moved the newly germinated seeds to there grow medium in 4 solo cups after thoroughly watering the soil. i placed all 4 in my grow cabinet under a "humidity dome" with a 16 hour light cycle to start at 4am.

I woke up at 10am this morning and checked on them i noticed a seed was above soil i took my tweezers and gently put it back under and covered it up, any help would be great. and the temperature is a perfect 78 degrees!

after they sprout and grow for a good week im planing on transplanting to 3 gallon buckets ive already drilled drainage holes in. should each plant have its own bucket or should i go 2 per?

i am very excited to start this project and any help from you experienced growers would be amazing

Ok, I am gonna be watching this. I would really like to know if the less expensive LED's are worth anything.

Thanks for putting in the work.

Those LED lights need to be *really* close to your plants in order to prevent stretching.

Your "main" lighting is going to be the 50w panel, which needs to be no more than about 2" away from the plants, even as seedlings. The other two LED lights also need to be arranged very close. They will not burn your plants, so don't worry about that.

I'd keep all four plants going as long as you can, or at least until you know their sex.

got any pics? ;)

i took some pics, not sure how to upload them to this site though, im assuming the lights should be on 18 hours now in the seed-seedling stage and i should probably order more lights?

i took some pics, not sure how to upload them to this site though, im assuming the lights should be on 18 hours now in the seed-seedling stage and i should probably order more lights?

Yes, for the vegetative stage 18/6 is the usually the norm.

Whether you need more lights or not depends on your needs and expectations.

With the lights you have now, your yield is going to be fairly small because low-power LED's aren't going to grow big buds, so it just depends on what yield you need/want, and what your budget is.

If I wanted to keep costs low and improve yield, I'd probably add some spiral CFL bulbs, but if you want big buds, you would have to add a whole lot more light.

Here's a link to how to upload pics:

Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

img-02786.189768

img-02778.189767

img-02767.189766

img-02757.189765

img-02709.189764

i moved both of the 2 lamps directly on top of the plants for a better light source, and did a good misting with water as this is the beginning of day 4. i noticed little to no above ground growth since lights out last night at 20:00 and they turned back on at 0400 this morning

Looks good so far, I am also curious about the LED's. I am using a 6500 from Home Depot at the moment and am very happy so far. They are growing like mad, It was 16 dollars and something you could add to your already nice setup.
Thanks for posting

IMG_02839.JPG

alright i just added the light bulbs they are 26 watters all they had at farm and fleet, for some reason the ones i got in the value pack wont fit in my fixtures because the base is just a bit to thick.... but the 2 i got separately work great. is there a reason you said day light CFL's is there a frequency in them that is better?

it looks like a 2nd one is sprouting in a few hours i will move it out of the humidity dome!

0115790 what do you mean by 6500? i have never heard of that?

reading that article made me wonder if im going to burn me seadlings like that, they are the ones in the cups elevated on the left in my picture. any reason to worry? lol

i hope that adding the CFL's and the 90watt LED UFO my lighting problems go away, and it looks like a 3rd little cheezette is about to break the surface

i just noticed that the 2 seeds i germinated using warm water in a shot glass method have already sprouted and broke soil when the 2 i germinated with a paper towel are still fighting to break ground.

i put distilled water on the oven for like 10 seconds to get the water luke warm then put the seeds in and they looked amazing come morning, i think i am going to stick with that technique for future germinations

Back
Top Bottom