My first plant 17 days old

Mrx420

my plants 17 days old the leaves that have grown only hve 3 points why? and can someone tell me when to start giving nutritions i have 10-15-10 to start and water ph is 7

It is not unusual for plants to have only 3 leaves at that age. Don't worry they will start putting on the regular leaves in the near future.

You can start fertilizing at 2 weeks but make the mixture 1/4 of the label strength. It would be helpful for you to use a PPM meter. This helps to gauge the amount of nutrients suspended in solution. I would start the plants out with about 300-400 and see how they do then gradually increase as the plant matures to about 750-850.

Ph of 7 is a bit high for growing in either Soil or Hydro (CoCo). Is that the PH after mixing your chemicals into the water?
the ideal PH for soil is 6.3-6.8. I'm assuming you are growing in soil.

yes i am growing in soil and the ph level is at 7 without mixing anything. just what the water is i started giving it says P.H 7 and the soil its in says feeds plants up to 6 months so should i waite till i transplant to diffrent soil before giving nutrients

I would start by giving her a good flush with your tap water and check out the PH and PPM of the run-off. If the runoff is in the 6.3-6.8 you will be find . If the PH remains at the 7.0 range I would use some PH Down to get it around 6.5. With a high PH even if the soil has additives it will block out some of the nutrients. For me the PPM meter (about 20 dollars on Amazon) is the most important tool I use.

As for the PPM - If you measure your PPM in your tap first and then check the PPM from runoff you will be able to see how much nutrients are in the soil. You may be in good range to just let the plant go without adding nutrients.

I have my circulation fan on 24/7 and have it in there on day one. It doesn't have to be a big fan. I have a couple clip on fans to keep the air circulating. I also run my exhaust Carbon Filter fan 24/7. I use a variable speed controller on the exhaust fan and use it to control the temperature as well as scrub the air.

Back
Top Bottom