My Green Dragon Experience

Cachagua

This is a double post, sorry about that but I posted it in the lounge before I posted it here by mistake.

Anyway,

I am on my 2nd batch of Green Dragon home brew.
I made the first batch Friday night using 1/8th of pure home grown sativa bud from my first grow.

The first batch I was super cautious with because I did not want to ruin it.

What I did was to weigh out an 1/8th, grind it using my grinder, spread it out on a piece of aluminum foil and place it in the pre heated oven @ 200f for 20 minutes. It did not really turn brownish green but rather stayed fairly green overall.

Then I placed the goods into my double boiler set up which was not pre heated. The water was boiling in the pan but I placed the goods into 2oz. of Everclear 151 proof in a glass container then placed the glass into the boiling water with a meat thermometer and carefully agitated the mixture for 20 minutes carefully staying at 170f.

Next, I filtered the steeped mass through a small metal screen strainer into a wine glass, pressed the remaining mash with a spoon to get as much of the liquid as I could get.

Finally, I filtered the liquid through a coffee filter into a 3rd glass and ultimately poured the liquid into my brown 1oz. bottles (that I bought at Whole Foods which come with an eye dropper and labels). I ended up with 1 and 1/2 bottles full.

The Green Dragon was really an emerald green color and tasted like wheat grass. I self administered a dropper full at about 10PM last night on a full stomach and about half an hour later I felt a mild buzz that lasted until I fell asleep at about 2AM.

Saturday morning (actually noon-ish), on an empty stomach, I took another dropper full and felt a mild buzz about a half an hour later that lasted me until about 3:30 PM.

So, being a little disappointed with the first batch's potency, I decided to give it another go today (Sunday).

Here is what I did differently after reading as many "Green Dragon" threads/sites/pages I could find both last night and today.

(1) Pre heated the oven to 250f,
(2) Placed the foil with the goods in the oven and cooked it for 20 minutes, then ramped up the heat to 280f and cooked for an additional 20 minutes,
(3) Boiled the water in my pan and pre heated the vessel AND the Everclear.
(4) Simmered the mixture (same 2oz. amount of Everclear) for 25 minutes.

I used the same filtering process.

This time, the bud turned a brownish green with the extended cook time in the oven, combined with the slightly higher oven temps.

The additional 5 minutes in the double boiler allowed 50% more Everclear to evaporate off and I ended up with a nice very nice tan'ish/ultra light green colored Dragon that came out to EXACTLY 1 oz. of finished product.!!!!

I (self) administered the same single dropper full about 20 minutes ago and I can tell you this: It tastes better, I am already buzzing, it is a really neat mostly body buzz with some great heady moments so far, I feel very aware of my surroundings, not paranoid at all but really alert yet stoned like I would be if I took 2 decent sized hits off a joint of the same stuff.

This seems like it will be a really good delivery method for me as I really prefer not to smoke it if possible, and vaporizing is not always convenient (like at work for example).

I am a little concerned based on what I have read that I may actually develop a tolerance which would be a bummer in a way and in a way not depending on the pain relieving effects.
If I get the pain relief I need yet don't get stoned, then I am fine with that really, I can always take a hit when convenient if I want to clear some head space, this is primarily for pain relief.

Right now, I feel like I have been writing this post for about an hour lol, yet I know I have only been sitting here for a few minutes, but when I looked down at my hands while typing, I feel like I went through a space/time "thing" hahaha! this stuff is good!

So there ya have it, my Green Dragon method, experience so far and contribution (hopefully).

I really need to thank FreakNature for his post as it was that post that convinced me to try this out.

Ultimately, I believe that an oral delivery method is the best thing for me, eating fat/oil derived canna-foods has ALWAYS ended up in disaster for my wife and I, we both had scary trippy experiences on foods that have all but steered us away from edibles at this point. I feel really quite good right now and it is just past half an hour since I took my shot.....This is good!

Green dragon is my preferred method of ingestion (I don't smoke due to allergies/asthma), but I've never used boiling to make it. What I do is heat the reefer at 250 for 15 minutes (but reading your writeup I'll probably increase both measures next time). I then grind it in a blender (1/4 oz of good stuff, or 1/2 of mids) and pour it into a bottle of grain alcohol. I shake it every now and then and it's ready in 4-6 weeks (yeah, I know it takes a while, but I usually bake and freeze a batch of brownies to hold me until the green dragon is finished).

I've always been wary about boiling it for two reasons: 1: a gas stove+ alcohol vapors+no vent hood= bad news bears
and 2: If the THC is dissolved in the alcohol, then vaporizing the alcohol might well vaporize away some of that precious precious chemical. (then again, it might not, I'm not sure)

I do know one thing though: A shot of the stuff is brutal going down but damn sure does the trick. It's also neat to be able to carry it in a flask.

Green dragon is my preferred method of ingestion (I don't smoke due to allergies/asthma), but I've never used boiling to make it. What I do is heat the reefer at 250 for 15 minutes (but reading your writeup I'll probably increase both measures next time). I then grind it in a blender (1/4 oz of good stuff, or 1/2 of mids) and pour it into a bottle of grain alcohol. I shake it every now and then and it's ready in 4-6 weeks (yeah, I know it takes a while, but I usually bake and freeze a batch of brownies to hold me until the green dragon is finished).

I've always been wary about boiling it for two reasons: 1: a gas stove+ alcohol vapors+no vent hood= bad news bears
and 2: If the THC is dissolved in the alcohol, then vaporizing the alcohol might well vaporize away some of that precious precious chemical. (then again, it might not, I'm not sure)

I do know one thing though: A shot of the stuff is brutal going down but damn sure does the trick. It's also neat to be able to carry it in a flask.

have you tried warming up your grain alcohol a bit before adding the dried bud
a safe way you can try is double pot boiling the bottle
place one larger pot with water over your stove
place a smaller pot also with water and place your bottle inside
you can leave the top on or off as this will only heat the alcohol not boil it
after the alcohol is warm adding your ground bud will hasten the release of the plant so yah dont have to wait to long ;)

its my way of making green dragon hasnt failed me yet
althoe I call it Mean Green

Back
Top Bottom