My new Milwaukee ph 600!

Red-Cricket

Good evening all, Just got my new tester from e-bay and this dang thing came with no instructions! Calabration juice M10007, screwdriver and sure it cam with a card, but it only tells you how to calibrate and to change batterys! Does NOT tell you how to operate. CRAZY! Does this thing check water also? Need a teacher to teach Milwaukee ph600 class 1o1! I know many would like to ckeck PH correctly! .....Im wanting to check my water after adding nutes before watering. Am I correct?? and correct before watering? THANKS ALL Red

Re: My new Milwaukee ph 600! >>HELP<<!!!!!!

Dunno about Milwaukee's but all of the pen style meters I've seen or used, once calibrated dip the tip in the solution to be tested and turn on meter. Swish it around in the solution u are attempting to read and wait until the reading stabilizes. A reference solution is good to see how accurate ur calibration is. Its also wise to store ur meter when not in use in the a container with enough solution to keep the sensor submerged. Not sure y, but this is how I was taught. Distilled water is also useful with a neutral reading of 7.0. There are plenty of members that say they use Milwaukee's, I'm sure more help is on the way shortly. Good luck.

Hey BWC, Thanks for the imput. Just want to learn the correct way so PH problems wont hinder my success. Living on limestone.. raising seems to be no problem. Just sprinkle a little around outer edge of pot every 3rd watering....seems to be working fine using a ceap-ass tester. I want to get a good system and STICK with it. TY again Red

I have the ph600 as well but havnt used it yet... If u ask mcbubz on the grow support team I'm sure he could help... He reccomended it to me

Just got my Milwaukee PH 600 the other day. They are great and cheap.
To use it, hold the sensor end in the calibration solution. Then, using the little screwdriver that came with it, adjust so the PH reads 7.0. Then go check your water. With mine, I noticed you had to calibrate it a few times a day using the solution.

After a few days, it didn't need to be calibrated again. I also think I remember that you aren't supposed to leave the sensor in distilled water. So I leave mine in a cup of tap water. I have no idea why you can't leave it in distilled water.

I'm getting ready to grow soon. I've come to the conclusion that if you have enough light, don't over water/fertilize, and have the correct PH, you can't mess up.

I think the PH meter is essential. My water comes out of the tap at 8.2, so adjusting it was very important.

Just got my Milwaukee PH 600 the other day. They are great and cheap.
To use it, hold the sensor end in the calibration solution. Then, using the little screwdriver that came with it, adjust so the PH reads 7.0. Then go check your water. With mine, I noticed you had to calibrate it a few times a day using the solution.

After a few days, it didn't need to be calibrated again. I also think I remember that you aren't supposed to leave the sensor in distilled water. So I leave mine in a cup of tap water. I have no idea why you can't leave it in distilled water.

I'm getting ready to grow soon. I've come to the conclusion that if you have enough light, don't over water/fertilize, and have the correct PH, you can't mess up.

I think the PH meter is essential. My water comes out of the tap at 8.2, so adjusting it was very important.

hey Cad,
you may want to invest in also very important to have, is a ec/ppm meter/checker!! Not only ph is curcial to check daily...also ec and ppm readings are too! Please ADvise!!!

R.E.C.

Yep, thanks chiller. Just ordered an ec meter a week ago. I don't fertilize much because I grow in soil. But I do agree with you.

Dunno about Milwaukee's but all of the pen style meters I've seen or used, once calibrated dip the tip in the solution to be tested and turn on meter. Swish it around in the solution u are attempting to read and wait until the reading stabilizes. A reference solution is good to see how accurate ur calibration is. Its also wise to store ur meter when not in use in the a container with enough solution to keep the sensor submerged. Not sure y, but this is how I was taught. Distilled water is also useful with a neutral reading of 7.0. There are plenty of members that say they use Milwaukee's, I'm sure more help is on the way shortly. Good luck.

I know this thread is a few months old, but I wanted to comment. I just got the PH600 and tested it in distilled water. Can you define stabilize? When I put mine in it came down to around 6.8 and then it kept going down a hundredth every few seconds. I am going to re-calibrate it to make sure it is right.

I know this thread is a few months old, but I wanted to comment. I just got the PH600 and tested it in distilled water. Can you define stabilize? When I put mine in it came down to around 6.8 and then it kept going down a hundredth every few seconds. I am going to re-calibrate it to make sure it is right.

still seems to be going down a *tenth* (not hundredth, oops) every few seconds i keep it in the solution.

You can't use RO or distilled water to calibrate this PH meter for some reason. I don't know if this holds true for all PH meters.

It will not stabilize and will just keep drifting down as you noted.

You need to use a proper calibration solution. I have a PH600 and tried to calibrate it with RO water last night and it did the same thing.

Also, never use RO or distilled water to keep the tip wet when you store it. That kills them and is probably somehow related to the drifting reading issue.

Hi I just got my Milwaukee pH 600 and I calibrated the meter with the solution and I adjusted to 7.0 now my question is when I turn it back on will the meter stays at 7.0? because when I turn it off and turn it back on it doesn't stay at 7.0 it will go up and down. Is it suppose to be like that or do I have to calibrated again if I do will any solution work because I threw away the solution that came with the meter.

What is the best liquid for recalibration? I used milk last week when I broke my tester out, after not using for a couple months. Anyone have any suggestions?

It's going to switch a lot. You need to recalibrate every few weeks.

do i have to use the solution ph4.0 or just the ph7.0? it says keep probe wet all the time can i leave it in the ph7.0 solution? If I don't leave it in the ph7 solution it keeps on jumping up and down and i've recalibrate this every time i use it. Also when you turn yours on does it say 7.0 instantly?

Recalibrate using PH 7.0. I would think you can leave the probe in 7.0 solution...but I'm not sure. That's why I couldn't figure out why you had to leave the probe in tap water. The instructions aren't too clear.
I had a big PH problem with my last batch. Upgraded to a more expensive meter and haven't had a problem since.

Back
Top Bottom