My Second Grow - Durban Poison 16" x 16" x 24" 97 Watts

Ancient Green

Strain/s:Freebie Seeds, Seedsman Durban Poison Fem
Genetic Makeup: Landrace Sativa
Pot/Bucket Size: 5 gallon
Tent Size: 1.5x 1.5x 2. Hidden grow cabinet (micro grow)
Grow Space: 1.5 x 1.5 x 2.0
How Many Plants: 1
Environment: Indoor
Stage: Veg/Flower
Medium: Fox Farm Happy Frog, perlite, worm castings
Lights: Spider Farmer SF-1000
Nutrients: Dynagrow, Cal Mag
Room/Tent Temperature: 72
Relative Humidity: 45
Pests: I'm never sure, I cant see them. BTI used to combat Fungus Gnats, none seen in traps.
Watering: twice per week, every 3-4 days. (increasing in flower)

My second grow, terrible problems mid to late flower, but I got a few buds out of this in the end. This is a hidden micro grow, using a small safe with locking doors. I'm currently on my fifth grow, running into the same flower problems, but not nearly as bad as this. I'm starting to think I'm underfeeding during flower, my plant is probably starving at the worst time !

Week 1 Veg

week 1.JPG

Week 2- Seedlings dont seem to like the SF-1000 and get stretchy.. This one fell, no worries. I was planning to bend it anyway

week 2.JPG

Week 3 Veg

week 3.JPG

Week 5 Veg

week 5.JPG

Week 6 Veg-- Newbie Itis here. I let this one get a little out of control for a small space.

week 6.JPG

Week 1 Flower
week 7 F1.JPG

Week 2 Flower
week 8 F3.JPG

Week 3 Flower--- Out of control and way too many tops for such a small space and grow pot. Lesson learned.

week 9 F 4.JPG

Week 5 flower
week 10 F5.JPG

Week 6 Flower
week 11 F6.JPG

Week 7 Flower Here is were I seem to be cursed, leaves are roasting...
week 13 F7.JPG

Week 8
Rough ! Such a bad time to have this happening. Its all good, I'm a newbie learning. This one seems to be a little too big for such a small grow space. Its hungry, I have pests, or I'm just a complete newbie here making mistakes... Probably a mix of all of them !
week 13 F8.JPG

Week 9 Flower. Harvest (if you can call it that) Browning leaves are making it to the buds at this point. it aint gonna be pretty in a jar.

week 14 F9.JPG

So, I did wind up with a gallon jar full of scraggly buds after my mid to late flower roasting. The plant was doing great all the way up to around week 6 of flower. This is my newbie grower curse. I've grown 3 times since this grow and always run into similar problems Mid and Late flower. I'm getting better with each new grow, but still struggle.

Smoke report:

After a 3 month cure this weed is super tasty and smells great. It smells almost exactly like grapefruit in the jar. When smoked, its pure cirus and lime. I'm wondering if this is Durban Poison, it sure seems to be grapefruit ! Potency is decent, but being honest with myself, I know its not all it should be. All and all, not a total loss and I have some work to do learning how to grow...

2 zips in a 16" x 16" x 24" grow space, 97 watts of LED.

Excellent read, nice work
My Durban tasted slightly of aniseed - no?
I'm a bit 'meh' with Grapefruit, flavour is too dry/sour for my liking
No quibbles with Northern Lights though :ganjamon:

Yes, people say Durban Poison tastes like aniseed or licorice, nothing like that here. Its like licking a green lollipop that they give you at the bank..I'm thinking there is a reason the seeds were free ! It may not be Durban Poison.

Back
Top Bottom