Hidden Cabinet, Northern Lights 16" x 16" x 24" 97 Watts LED Low Odor

I guess I'm a little late as I see the grow is almost over, but I'd like to follow along. Lots of similarities to how I like to grow; small cabinet, Northern Lights (#5 for me), stealth importance, training as a necessity (quadlining for me), smallish containers (I flower in 2 gallon SIP buckets) etc.

Have you thought about doing a small mother/veg section in the other half? Would allow for clones/seed starts while the other side is in flower allowing for a perpetual harvest, etc.

Sorry, missed your question. No, mother plants for now. I need to work on improving odor control, this grow was scary. I'm planning to use two carbon filters next grow, I need to be able to relax during flower ! My wife came down and told me "it smells like weed"-- I laughed " Yeah it sure gets musty down here this time of year"... I am such a good liar.

Yes I am considering building a Veg chamber on the left side. This way, I can start seedlings and the long mainline process while my other chamber is in flower. Oddly, my SF-1000 is horrible with seedlings no matter what I do. So, I can use a small 9 watt LED bulb for the first few weeks on the left side of my cabinet.
In any event, welcome to The Forums. Lots of knowledgeable, and friendly growers here happy to offer advice for the asking.

Your wife doesn't know?!? :eek:

Nope, and she stands inches from my cabinet often. Gotta love Northern Lights !

I'll need a second carbon filter and fan for my next grow.. I'm thinking of running one to scrub internally (getting 95% of the odor) and the second to filter any smells that get past the first...

Thinking of doing NL again, maybe Master Kush... As long as its not screaming loud during flower, I should be ok.

Strains I'm looking to grow----Recommended as low odor by breeders and seedbanks, but I wonder.

Snow White: Northern Lights, White Widow and C99 (spliff seeds)

White Rhino

Tutankhamon

C99 (many say this is relatively low odor)

Green Ninja (heavyweight seeds).. NL and Afghani

Epsilon F1 Auto

Polar Express

Have a few tops left from a grow last year, curing over 1 year they look like this. (same strain, same grow technique)...

Thinking the classics are classics for good reason...I'm a sucker for green buds and red hairs, it just doesnt get prettier if you ask me..

NL.JPG

Sounds like eventually that's not going to end well. I get hiding it from the kids, but the wife?

Yep, it's not fun having to hide my grows. Its legal to grow where I live, but the laws and employment in my area still have a lot of "grey area". In short, too many people dont understand cannabis and when it comes to jobs and employment, you still have to stay hush hush for many reasons.

I dont want to dig too deeply into this, but getting a job and smoking weed really sucks, it makes no sense ! Its legal, but they wont hire you if you do it.

This is a grow journal, probably better to stay on topic anyway to avoid drifting too much.

Wet weight, 20 ounces. (After wet trim, thick stems included)

I'd estimate 50% of the weight is stems, another 75% water...So, I'm thinking around 2.5 ounces dry after all is done. Cure is going well at 58 RH, smells delicous and the odor is increasing daily. Plan to dry long and slow, around 10 days or more before heading for glass jars.

Timing grows is tricky, I'll be on vacation towards the end of drying, I'm not really sure how to handle it. If my buds take 10 days to dry, that only gives me a week or so to burp after putting into glass... I'm hoping a Boveda Pack will work for the week I'm away, or I'll just leave the jar lid slightly open..

Back
Top Bottom