My Water is 7.9ph & Canna Terra Pro

flexy123

I checked the published analysis sheet of our tap water and it says the ph is 7.8-7.9. I understand that this is too high? I am using Canna Terra Pro soil, they say that the soil is buffering which I understand as that it is down-correcting the ph somewhat - but I guess I am correct when I say that the tap water ph is still way too high, it should be about 6.5ph, right?

I just ordered GHE ph Down (the dry one and the bottle one just to test both types) along with a test kit. (I didn't want to buy the cheaper 90% phosphoric acid for various reasons).

In the meantime, until it arrives...I read I can use 1 tbsp vinegar/gal or something to bring ph down too?

Just wanting to make sure and get confirmation that my 7.9ph water really needs to be lowered?

Now I read on a site:

You shouldn't worry too much about your water pH and we don't recommend pH adjustment of water for soil/compost plants. Many soil growers still make the mistake of adjusting their pH when growing in soil but there really is no need - you could even be damaging your plant and its potential yield. The nutrient availability pH range is much wider in this organic environment than in hydroponics and the introduction of acidic pH adjusting liquids into these environments is neither necessary or desirable.

Of course now again I don't know what to do....

Water your soil and check the ph of the runoff. I'm don't know anything about the soil your using but I'd wait until I saw deficiency before ph adjusting for soil.

yeah i dont understand the problem here lol if it aint broke dont fix it r ur plants health? lush and green? growing? then u r ok i just about always stay at least 50% soil in my medium mix just b/c it is so forgiving and self correcting my water come out the tap at 8.4 my nutes bring it down to 7.5 i do not ph correct it at all i dont let it sit for 24 hours either i use straight from the tap straight to the plants the soil will take care of ur plants bro good luck:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom