Mylar,flat white or panda?

d luv

I have a small closet setup I will be using the SH 6 plant setup in and am worried one roll of 50" x 25" 2mm Mylar will not be enough for my 45" L X 23" 1/2 W X 80" H room and I do not want to buy two rolls. So my question is will one roll of the mylar be enough, or should I go with a cheaper alternative like panda film or flat white paint? I want the best results, just dont want to buy two rolls of mylar. Thank you all for the help

I would think that mylar is the best. The cost of putting something else in there such as the white paint may be as much as spending for the second sheet of mylar. I buy it by the 50 foot role and consider it well worth the cost I spend on it.
You can also use the inside of potato chip bags for the little bit that you need. It is the same reflective surface and you get to eat the chips too. The plants will not know the difference.

Mylar's reflectivity degrades with every water spot. The small difference in reflectivity between mylar and flat white paint is quickly eroded. Flat white paint is easy, cheap and doesn't need constant replacing.....

To add to hog, Mylar is 97% reflective, the other 3% goes right through it. Panda is thicker, cheaper, and 90% reflective, with 0% pass through. Panda still works after it gets wet, and does not degrade. Mylar, to work at its optimum, must be replaced more often since it is fragile and loses its reflectivity. 6mil panda is as thick as the stuff you block your windows with, it is sturdy, doesn't tear on staples easily; and, as stated before, cheap.

panda.
-easier to clean than paint or mylar.

I've used all three and i prefer flat white paint. It's ez, cleans up easy, inexpensive, etc. I like using panda film as my curtain door on my cab. It too is cheap, cleans ez, and can be worked in a variety of manners. I hung mine on a curtain rod like a shower curtain with velcro closures.
Mylar is the most expensive and hard to clean. It's easier to just rehang new stuff rather than clean it. And it will get nasty! Between the normal wear it takes mylar is quicky reduced to being ineffective if it's sprayed with foliar nutes, insecticide, etc. I found that mylar needs to be replaced about every other crop if not sooner.
After using flat white for a long time now I have no regrets and have never once thought that my yields or potency would be increased by switching back to mylar. :peace:

yeah i ran mylar for a couple grows, and it was trashed by the end.. I'm using panda now and it's great, I can move it around without it damaging, and it's completely light proof so I can veg in my flower room safely.

I prefer panda.... It's much easier to replace then repainting a room and I like the barrier between the water and the wall.... I like mylar too but will run one strip around the room and change it out when needed..It's all good!!! :grinjoint:

This is why I love this place, constantly learning. I'm gonna have to try panda. I've always used Mylar and replace as needed. :smokin:

This is why I love this place, constantly learning. I'm gonna have to try panda. I've always used Mylar and replace as needed. :smokin:

wow definitely. awesome feedback, I'm sold! For starters I plan to use flat white paint, just because I have plenty sitting around, but once I find some of this rumored "Panda" stuff I plan to pick a roll or two up, love the idea for the door curtain, been wondering how to pull that off...:high-five:

diggin the flat white myself. very easy to see bugs, mold or mildew. very washable and durable.

:winkyface:

Ya I plan to start with the flat white for those exact reasons and maybe add some foil faced foam to keep the inside temps lower than my closet as these New Hampshire summers can get rather toasty!

Back
Top Bottom