Need advice with my plant

Hey, so i've been growing this autoflower bud for around 55 days. A while back, I realized some symptoms of the nutrient burn, but also some other symptoms that looks more like a set deficiency.

The plant always looks droopy (under-watered) and quite often top stems start bending down, even after the plant has been watered.
Lots of leaves, as well as future flowers, turned yellow – mostly the ones below the top-most green layer.

Here are some photos, please help me identify. My best guesses are: 1. root problems, 2. nutrient burn, 3. nutrient deficiency

photo_2020-05-12_09-14-07.jpg
photo_2020-05-12_09-14-13.jpg
photo_2020-05-12_09-14-23.jpg
photo_2020-05-12_09-14-26.jpg

Here are some extra photos - not close-ups.
photo_2020-05-12_13-18-44.jpgphoto_2020-05-12_13-19-13.jpgphoto_2020-05-12_13-19-19.jpgphoto_2020-05-12_13-19-23.jpgphoto_2020-05-12_13-19-26.jpg
  • So, I've been using BioBizz All mix soil and the biobizz nutrients as indicated on the instructions paper. Most recently, switched to 1/2 and now to zero nutrients - worried that it might be a nutrient burn
  • Besides this, I was using at first a 250w MH/HPS, and now transferred to a quantum board 200w
  • For the past two weeks or so, growth has been very slow - only about 5 to 10 cm growth (if not less)
  • The plant is on the day 55
  • I water the plant every 2 to 3 days when the growing bag gets quite light
  • For the past two weeks humidity has been consistent at 40% and temperature from 23 to 27

Hi beatheatfornow; Your plant has a problem for sure. On the other hand it's still alive and growing. I hope some experts will weigh in and give you some advice. For now my best advice would be to stick with NO ferts at all for 10 days or so. Ferts can kill a plant easily...in most cases I'd recommend never giving more than 1/4 of what the directions say--and only after 1-2 waterings. Good luck! :)

:welcome: What parts of the Biobizz range have you been using?
I've only one grow under my belt with Biobizz but I had a magnesium deficiency at around the same point you are at now and yours looks pretty much like mine did.
I did a lot of research and it seems to be a common deficiency with Biobizz nutes.
Looks like the upper growth has had a little nutrient burn but I don't think that's the problem.
Maybe @Emilya can help.
You don't want to be starving her at the start of flower but I don't want to advise you incorrectly.

Here are some extra photos - not close-ups.
photo_2020-05-12_13-18-44.jpgphoto_2020-05-12_13-19-13.jpgphoto_2020-05-12_13-19-19.jpgphoto_2020-05-12_13-19-23.jpgphoto_2020-05-12_13-19-26.jpg
  • So, I've been using BioBizz All mix soil and the biobizz nutrients as indicated on the instructions paper. Most recently, switched to 1/2 and now to zero nutrients - worried that it might be a nutrient burn
  • Besides this, I was using at first a 250w MH/HPS, and now transferred to a quantum board 200w
  • For the past two weeks or so, growth has been very slow - only about 5 to 10 cm growth (if not less)
  • The plant is on the day 55
  • I water the plant every 2 to 3 days when the growing bag gets quite light
  • For the past two weeks humidity has been consistent at 40% and temperature from 23 to 27
Hi... welcome to the forum! The yellowing starting from the bottom and moving up is NOT a burn... it is the opposite... your plants are starving. You need full nutrients, not half and certainly not zero. Also, the droopy look of your plants shows me that your lower roots are shutting down because you are watering too often... wait for the containers to not just get quite light, but they need to get as light as a bag of fresh dry soil... very light.... so light that you can not feel any water weight in there. When your lower roots reactivate the plants will start reaching for the light, praying as some call it... but you are a long ways from there.

Hi... welcome to the forum! The yellowing starting from the bottom and moving up is NOT a burn... it is the opposite... your plants are starving. You need full nutrients, not half and certainly not zero. Also, the droopy look of your plants shows me that your lower roots are shutting down because you are watering too often... wait for the containers to not just get quite light, but they need to get as light as a bag of fresh dry soil... very light.... so light that you can not feel any water weight in there. When your lower roots reactivate the plants will start reaching for the light, praying as some call it... but you are a long ways from there.

Thanks for advice - I will try to do what you say; however, had a few questions before I get started.
photo_2020-05-14_07-37-02.jpg
Here is a photo of the plant when the growing bag still has some water in it – the plant tops get very droopy by the time I check in the morning. I was thinking that it is a sign of under-watering, and so any other day i'd be watering right now.

photo_2020-05-14_07-37-07.jpg
This photo makes me think of a progressing nutrient burn, but I guess I am all wrong. Will try giving it full nutrient pack later today or tomorrow – whenever the bag gets light enough.

I to am using bio bizz week 6 of flowering and find a dose of epsom salts every other feed does the trick..:hug:

Thanks for advice - I will try to do what you say; however, had a few questions before I get started.
photo_2020-05-14_07-37-02.jpg
Here is a photo of the plant when the growing bag still has some water in it – the plant tops get very droopy by the time I check in the morning. I was thinking that it is a sign of under-watering, and so any other day i'd be watering right now.

photo_2020-05-14_07-37-07.jpg
This photo makes me think of a progressing nutrient burn, but I guess I am all wrong. Will try giving it full nutrient pack later today or tomorrow – whenever the bag gets light enough.
It is very common to think of that drooping as indicating a need for water, but it rarely is. A healthy plant that is able to pull up all of the water it needs, will have all of its leaves lifted above the horizontal plain and indeed the leaves will attempt to track the sun, or in our indoor gardens we see the leaves "praying" toward the light. A plant that can not develop the water pressure in the trunk to be able to accomplish this, is usually having a problem with the roots.

There is a droop that can tell you that it is time to water, but it is quite different than what you are seeing. A healthy plant will have all of its leaves above the horizontal, often times at a 45 degree angle. As the water starts to run out in the container, the water pressure in the trunk begins to diminish, and with the reduced pressure the lowest fan leave begin to droop. The rest of the plant will still be showing vigor, but when the lowest leaves begin this droop you can be assured that the plant is about 12 hours away from running out of water. It is during this time that the roots do their most aggressive growing too, seeking out any additional water in that container. You can also imagine how light the container is getting by this time... it is not just getting "light enough" it is getting so light you can't even tell there is water in there.

You appear to be overthinking things.... you have even invented a new term, a progressing nutrient burn when the simple explanation of a yellowing progressing up the trunk is that she is starving. Nutrient burns are almost always first identified as a tip burn of leaves all over the plant, especially in the new growth, usually with a triangle of dead leaf right at the leaf tips... deficiencies are handled by grabbing what is needed from the various places in the leaves that they are stored and usually results in spotting, sectional yellowing within the leaves and gradual yellowing from the bottom up, depending on if it is an element that is mobile or immobile in the plant.

It is very common to think of that drooping as indicating a need for water, but it rarely is. A healthy plant that is able to pull up all of the water it needs, will have all of its leaves lifted above the horizontal plain and indeed the leaves will attempt to track the sun, or in our indoor gardens we see the leaves "praying" toward the light. A plant that can not develop the water pressure in the trunk to be able to accomplish this, is usually having a problem with the roots.

There is a droop that can tell you that it is time to water, but it is quite different than what you are seeing. A healthy plant will have all of its leaves above the horizontal, often times at a 45 degree angle. As the water starts to run out in the container, the water pressure in the trunk begins to diminish, and with the reduced pressure the lowest fan leave begin to droop. The rest of the plant will still be showing vigor, but when the lowest leaves begin this droop you can be assured that the plant is about 12 hours away from running out of water. It is during this time that the roots do their most aggressive growing too, seeking out any additional water in that container. You can also imagine how light the container is getting by this time... it is not just getting "light enough" it is getting so light you can't even tell there is water in there.

You appear to be overthinking things.... you have even invented a new term, a progressing nutrient burn when the simple explanation of a yellowing progressing up the trunk is that she is starving. Nutrient burns are almost always first identified as a tip burn of leaves all over the plant, especially in the new growth, usually with a triangle of dead leaf right at the leaf tips... deficiencies are handled by grabbing what is needed from the various places in the leaves that they are stored and usually results in spotting, sectional yellowing within the leaves and gradual yellowing from the bottom up, depending on if it is an element that is mobile or immobile in the plant.
Thanks for sharing ur knowledge with us !!
Just brilliant :adore::love:

As Emilya says, you need to perfect your watering, they definitely look overwatered and hungry, when they are light enough for water and feed get them fed with whatever dosage the feed chart says, a very small amount of epsom salts would also help. It does seem the Biobizz range is lacking in magnesium for whatever reason.
Let them dry out totally, feed them and they should start to improve.:goodluck:

I dont have ant Epsom salts, do you think that adding some megacrop would do the trick?
The megacrop plants looks much better...anyway i must say in not using bioheaven, Just biogrow, biobloom and top max in all mix soil.

I dont have ant Epsom salts, do you think that adding some megacrop would do the trick?
The megacrop plants looks much better...anyway i must say in not using bioheaven, Just biogrow, biobloom and top max in all mix soil.
Hey Mumps.
I would just start them on the megacrop.
I've just changed over to megacrop from Biobizz.
The Biobizz range does work but you really need pretty much the full range to stay on top of things.
Without the bioheaven or the alg-a-mic you are limited with options if you start getting deficiencies.

thanks bill
i've got alg a mic but they say to not use it in all mix so i use it just as foliar spray
didnt get bioheaven because it was 40 dollars for 500ml : D
i know that the easier solution would be switching to megacrop but i paid five times more for biobizz so i would like to use them
i think im going to try first giving them some algamic and see if it works otherwise ill go with megacrop..thanks again : )

thanks bill
i've got alg a mic but they say to not use it in all mix so i use it just as foliar spray
didnt get bioheaven because it was 40 dollars for 500ml : D
i know that the easier solution would be switching to megacrop but i paid five times more for biobizz so i would like to use them
i think im going to try first giving them some algamic and see if it works otherwise ill go with megacrop..thanks again : )
I know what you are saying.
I'm the same, if I paid for it I'm gonna use it. You can use the alg-a-mic in all mix, it only has trace NPK so it's almost impossible to overdo it.
I was adding it to watering at 3ml/litre in veg. The ingredients are pretty similar to the bioheaven and it's a good source of calmag but it's much less expensive.

Back
Top Bottom