Need Any Help That Can Be Offered

shanna1banana

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie to the forum and have read through tons of threads already looking for more information. I've been researching for hours and hours on my own and I think it's time that I just need to ask for help from those who obviously know more than I do on this.

A quick cliffnotes run down on my situation -

My amazingly wonderful mother-in-law was just diagnosed with (what we were told) was stage 4 cancer in her liver and bile duct. They haven't given her a treatment plan yet, but all of that should be discussed tomorrow...

My husband and I were looking into cannabis oil as an option for her. She is diabetic, and we fear that surgery and/or chemo would only make matters worse. She is a wonderful woman with 7 kids and 12 grandkids (with another on the way) and we will do whatever it takes to keep her with us.

We live in Central Texas, so you can imagine how much luck I'm having with finding something that is readily available to me. I am a decent gardener and wouldn't mind growing my own and trying my hand at making the oil myself, however, it doesn't really seem like time is on our side right now.

If anyone has any suggestions at all, I am completely open to hearing them. We are desperate. My sincerest thanks for any help you can provide.

Considering the situation, your best bet is to make friends with someone in Colorado who has access to some and road trip it. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. It takes a lot of weed to make a decent amount of oil, and time is against you. My mother in law passed recently from stage 4 lung cancer. There is usually no treatment at stage 4, you just do what you can to keep them comfortable. I hope the best for you and your family.

I used to live in killeen Texas. I got out of there as fast as I could.

Don't give up hope yet.

I have read some stories here about people diagnosed with stage 4 being cured, but as Peyton has said, it will require about 500g (1lb.) of high grade Cannabis to cure most cancers.

To grow your own, would take you 2-3 months for the grow if just using autoflowering plants, then another 2-4 weeks for the dry and cure, then making the oil. It would require 10-20 autoflowers (depending on yield) to produce the amount of Cannabis necessary to make the oil. If you were to grow regular plants, you'd be looking at 5 months+ just for Veg of some strains.

I'm personally an optimist, so I think of this as time that can be better spent in treating and comforting her now.

I personally have never purchased in large quantities like this, so I'm unsure how difficult it would be to find 500g of high grade Cannabis, you also have the option to purchase in 4 ounce increments, 4 times. Or I'm sure you could even purchase 1 ounce at a time and make the oil in even smaller batches as well. The main goal right now is to have some oil for her to start treatment as soon as you can.

Here's the oil recipe: How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

If you're able to buy in 4 ounce increments, you can simply divide all quantities for solvent by 4, or if buying in 1 ounce increments, divide quantity by 16.

Keep in mind if you make the smaller batches, 4 ounces of Cannabis will only produce about 14 grams of oil, and 1 ounce batches will only produce about 3.5 grams of oil, opposed to 500g (1lb.) of Cannabis which will make approximately 56.5 grams of oil.

Hi shanna1banana,

Stage 1V cancer is treatable, even in late stages. I agree with you on the chemo treatment. Your biggest task as mentioned by others is getting the high grade MJ. At least 20% THC is required. Also I would look into a high CBD strain that will shrink tumors and alleviate any pain (google). Do not rush or make hasty decisions as this will create more problems and delays. Patients have been sent home with short notice to live and have survived using cannabis concentrated oil. Time to call on some friends that perhaps live in a 'legal' medical MJ state. Buy nothing on the net. You have already been linked to 'how to make the oil', also read } How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil. Read the post's and learn the 'what to' and the 'what not to do's'. Have both your husband and you read this info (two heads are better than one). Learn as much as possible as this will reflect on your mothers final decision. A positive attitude is needed in place of fear of the unknown. Stay on task, get the materials needed and take care of business, no matter the hurdles in the way.

ps if chemo is decided, keep in mind the healing process is much longer, due to the damage chemo has created.

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie to the forum and have read through tons of threads already looking for more information. I've been researching for hours and hours on my own and I think it's time that I just need to ask for help from those who obviously know more than I do on this.

A quick cliffnotes run down on my situation -

My amazingly wonderful mother-in-law was just diagnosed with (what we were told) was stage 4 cancer in her liver and bile duct. They haven't given her a treatment plan yet, but all of that should be discussed tomorrow...

My husband and I were looking into cannabis oil as an option for her. She is diabetic, and we fear that surgery and/or chemo would only make matters worse. She is a wonderful woman with 7 kids and 12 grandkids (with another on the way) and we will do whatever it takes to keep her with us.

We live in Central Texas, so you can imagine how much luck I'm having with finding something that is readily available to me. I am a decent gardener and wouldn't mind growing my own and trying my hand at making the oil myself, however, it doesn't really seem like time is on our side right now.

If anyone has any suggestions at all, I am completely open to hearing them. We are desperate. My sincerest thanks for any help you can provide.

Shanna1banana: I had to move from Houston to New Mexico to access medical cannabis for chronic pain, and having lived in Texas for most of my life, I would also agree with Mr. Manning -- think about moving. Especially if any other members of your family want to access this medicine, now or in the future.

I know others mentioned Colorado as a possible access point, but do you know anyone in New Mexico? Or how about going to Mexico? It's probably a lot cheaper there.

If I were in your situation, I would try to find some smokeable bud for your mother-in-law, to ease her pain, anxiety, and probably depression for this diagnosis. Do you know any young people who might have access? If she is bothered by the smoke, there is always vaporizing. Both methods use a lot less medicine than what you would need to make extracts.

Good luck.

My sister in law actually lives in New Mexico, but once we received the diagnosis she and her children came down here and are now staying with us.

We have purchased one of the Magical Butter machines (hope this makes the process easier and less conspicuous as I have nosy neighbors and 2 children myself). I'm sure we can get a hold of something decent through family/friends to hold us over until we can find something really good.

She has decided to start chemo next week...while that's not ideal - my husband and I aren't the ones going through what she is. I know she's scared and just wants to do what she thinks is best. The MB should be here next week, so once it gets here I will start making as much as I can to get her started.

Thanks for all of your help :)

Hi shannabanana,

I was hoping you would come back. Your absolutely correct, it is your mothers decision concerning chemo treatment. That is one of the issues I see a lot of lately. Parents children want the cannabis treatment for them and the parents pretty much use the 'old school' card. With good reason. When you get seriously ill, you trust your Dr. My cardiologist is a great Dr. and has become a good friend. He knows I hate man made med's, actually so does he.

You still have options; use of the cannabis oil while on chemo can be a godsend. It can play a huge role in increasing appetite, pain, sleep, while it is killing the cancer cells, shrinking tumors and removing inflammation and also heals many other things also. This will give you and your husband time to plan, learn and have everything you need to be prepared with what you need. This will save you TIME and money. Why? If chemo fails, you will have EXACTLY what your mother will need (do not take offense) if she is sent home when and if the chemo fails. Worst thing that can happen if this happens is you do not have time to get the MJ strains that is needed for late stage cancer. This is where calmness, being well prepared pays off BIG TIME. Unfortunately, this is when I come into the picture (meaning their is no choice left, and they go with the concentrated oil, if they still have the will to live). I wish there was something different than chemo/radiation, but alas, there is not. The treatment can take twice as long from the chemo damage and there is a lot of pain and suffering (not try to frighten, just the truth).

A friend just started treatment to heal herself. She had around 100 chemo treatments and something new out concerning radiation treatment (after chemo didn't work). Side effects was so severe she opted out of treatment. She started the concentrated cannabis oil this past Sunday. She will be doing a wellness journey starting a journal. As your mother goes along her treatment, perhaps she could follow her journal as well as you and see her progress and understand more about alternative method's. She already is so positive and feels so much better in four short days. She is one happy camper to be sure! Her attitude is astounding, but remember, she has had experience with chemo/radiation, so a wellness feeling while treating her cancer is a welcome relief.

When you get your magical butter machine I can give you 2 extra steps in the oil process that will make excellent concentrated cannabis oil.

In the meantime check out these tutorials if you haven't already. }How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

Pay attention to the dosing opinions (scroll down past 'how to make the concentrate'), review these yourself and read several times.

How can I help? Make a list for exactly what you need. I just do not have time today, but will have it together for you tomorrow. Might never need to use it, and as mentioned above, you have options and then only one option.

Hope this helps.

:Namaste:
420 Motoco

420 Motoco is the man when it comes to knowledge and advise about Cannabis oil. taking his advise is highly recommended, cant stress this enough.

woh wait, motoco.. you can make oil with the butter machine? ive been using a rice cooker and this butter machine ive thought about getting but i make my butter in a crock pot.. if i can make oil as well as butter with that machine then its well worth it.
im interested in this process if you can point me in a dirrection

Wow...just wow is all I can say. You are gr8 peeps on here and God Bless all of you. Shannabannana I hope to see you back soon. May have some help for you. Will wait till I see you post up again.

Shanna: I'm so very glad that you have connections. I just wanted to add something about chemo...

I was reading the other day about how there are around 19 million cancer survivors in the U.S., and how more and more people are surviving cancer. This is due to a lot of different things, including early detection; but one of them is, of course, chemo. And I think some experts are looking into smaller doses of this treatment, given over a longer period of time. This helps to alleviate some of the side effects, but also, seems to give a better long-term survival rate.

I'm not sure how much information there is on this different level of treatment, but I just wanted to let you know the information is out there, if you're interested.

I don't have any expertise on cancer as a medical condition, but I am an expert in pain management -- all kinds. If you have any questions about helping to manage your mother-in-law's pain, don't hesitate to ask.

Hi Gf,

Do your quick wash as you would normally do with your solvent, strain/filter. Pour into the Magical Butter Machine and set lid in place. Set temp to 190 and push 'oil' button which is an 1 hour cycle. When it is done with its cycle, no need to filter, it already was done in the quick wash. Simply pour the contents from the Magical Butter Machine into your stainless steel measuring cup and do your decarb.
This is a great way to make concentrate for your MBM and a much safer way for first timers so they will not stress out about 'burning' their concentrate. You have a lot more solvent left so when you decarb start off around 170 degrees and work your way up. This will prevent any 'flash' point when the solvent burns off. Just a quick wash prior and a decarb. Hope this helps comrade.

420 Motoco is the man when it comes to knowledge and advise about Cannabis oil. taking his advise is highly recommended, cant stress this enough.

woh wait, motoco.. you can make oil with the butter machine? ive been using a rice cooker and this butter machine ive thought about getting but i make my butter in a crock pot.. if i can make oil as well as butter with that machine then its well worth it.
im interested in this process if you can point me in a dirrection

Back
Top Bottom