Need help & advice on 2 White Widows & an AK48 *PICS*

growgirl925

2 White Widows and 1 AK48 from Nirvana
WW 60/40 sativa dom. AK48 60/40 sativa dom.
All three have been in the vegetative growth stage for 6 weeks and 3 days
INDOOR CLOSET GROW
Growing in FFOF Soil
5 gallon nursery pots
135W LED UFO for each plant
Temperature during lights on is between 75-80 degrees
Humidity is between 45-50%
pH has fluctuated between 6.2-7.0
No pests are present
I water when the pots feel light and or when the first inch of soil is dry
I used Alaskan Fish emulsion twice and liquid kelp once and started to have problems so I stopped and flushed
I topped both of the WW girls, one about a week ago, the other tonight. I took some clones from the first topped girl two days ago. 2 are alive, 2 died.
I'm concerned about their height and width. They are two feet tall and about 1.5 feet wide. Some fan leaves and new growth are showing signs of problems. I think it may partially be previous over fertilization, which caused an abundance of nitrogen. There are pics below. Also some of the leaf tips are almost white and then seem to yellow but it's only the tips. Some new growth looks twisted as well. It seems to be the middle fan leaves only that have very faint yellowish/rust colored necrotic spots and a few leaves look crumpled, not burnt. I haven't fertilized since the flush. I think I need to but I don't want to over do it again. Any suggestions on the WW's? I'll post about the AK under the WW photos.
image10033.jpg
image10034.jpg
image10035.jpg
image10036.jpg
image10038.jpg
image10039.jpg
image10040.jpg

The ak48 looks better but has the leaf tip issue as you can see in the pic
image10041.jpg
image10042.jpg
image10045.jpg
image10043.jpg
image10044.jpg
image10046.jpg
image10047.jpg

Any advice on how to maybe control the size of the WWs. Can I bend them over? Any idea on deficiencies or other issues?

You can bend them all day long and twice on Sundays. I've used insulated thick electrical wire anchored to the outside of the plastic pot to bend them in the past. The wire allows you very fine adjustment in the bend... just bend the wire over to guide the plant.
If you need to bend... start early. The sooner you start the bending, the better it will be. I've bent them and run them around the outside of the pot to form a circular grow. This gives you tons of shoots going up and many budding sites.
Good lookin babies. Nice catch on the over-nute issue.

Thank you for your advice and info on bending them. My only other question about that is if I bend them now while they are still vegging, should I wait to start flowering until they have had some time to grow after they are bent? I know bending isn't terribly stressful, but from what I read, anything you do like that causes some amount of stress. Would it hurt to start flowering the day after I bend? Thanks again for your help!

I had some rubber covered garden wire I had planned to use for LST on these plants and I used it to gently bend them over. I also bent a few other branches to expose more bud sites. When I looked about an hour later the tops had already started to reach upward toward the light. I'll post another pic of what they look like now tomorrow. Thanks again for your help!

Here's an example of a plant bent just two days ago.
The grower is using wire and tomato cages to grow his plant in a horizontal line.
The main stem is highlighted in black, the wire is yellow, the post-topping splits indicated in blue, and the new shoots going up from the base are in red.
He has a lot of tomato cages and plans to run them thru a few of them as the plant grows. The tomato cages are meant to support the (hopeful) bud weight of the plant when it flowers.
This is actually not a very severe bend. I've seen MUCH more. Check out "Fluxing".

BentOne.jpg

Back
Top Bottom