Please Help! Leaf Tips

mclovin81

First grow, Aeroponic, AK48, 400w HPS 2 days short of 5th week of flowering. I have lots and lots of the white pistols and lots of different bud sites, leaves are Green, no mold cant see any bugs under a 4x magnification, temps are kept between 65F and 78F. humidity is so low its not regestering on my digital temp/humidity gauge. some of my leaves have bend in half length wise but that started 5 weeks ago and its only a few and has never been new growth leaves. 2 days now I have noticed the tips curling under which is my big concern. I think its a P problem (NPK) from what I have read on the site so far but I have to put the question out there since Im half way through Flowering and dont want to lose this lady. Anyone know a reason why the tips are curling?? Please let me know I want to cry its my first major concern since I started the grow. I have 5 White Rhino girls veging ready to go as soon as the AK48 finishes. There has been one change I made and that is I went from Technaflora B.C. nutes to Fox farm using only the big bloom and tiger bloom. ppms droped some but were very high with BC. 2200 ppm but the plant seemd to love it. like I said no signs of stress or probs. ppms with Foxfarm is 1100.

ph is sitting at 5.4, just ran out and checked for a real time PH. Since you brought that up it is lower by .6 usually its 6.0. thanks for replying I had just finished reading your 2009 grow Journal about 2 days ago very nice!!:smokin:

rsz_dscn0878.jpg

leafs are green no sign of yellowing from nute burn, the tips just started curling. 1440ppm foxfarm. I adjusted the light height, but the tips are curling plant wide and the 400w is 18inch above. as far as over watering it is Aeroponic so the root system stays wet. the roots when I open my res. are about 3 feet long the plant is 27inchs.

If I'm not mistaken leaves curling down means they're hungry leaves curling up means too much nutes or water. I'd check that out but it sounds to me that you should clowly bump up your nutes. Maybe use 1/4 veg and 3/4 bloom to keep your leaves healthy and green during flowering.. :peace:

Thanks Ol' Hip I switched from B.C. Nutes to Foxfarm and the ppm's went from 2100+ down to 900 with FF nutes but over the last couple of days I have been increasing them at 1440 today. When the light comes on and the next 12 hour light cycle starts Im gonna bump it up another 500. I'm doing it slow since its an Aero setup the plant responds fairly fast. Let me pose this question though, if it were hungry would'nt the lower leaves start to turn yellow in the same manner as no nutes for X amount of time before harvest?

You might have enough nitrogen in there to keep them green but not enough to keep them growing !? Thats what I've been told about leaves turning downwards though . They say thats a sign of needing more of something . They still look pretty damn healthy though, how are the new shoots looking ? I'm just starting a few more myself and they're a little slower this time . I'm around 450 - 500 ppm , roots just starting to look good . On the road again , hope I get a few females !!:peace: good luck mclovin81!!

Well they look great no nute burn try bumping it up a bit than wait a day . Nice lookin baby buds ! That'l fill in nice !! :yummy:

Bumped PPM's up using Awsome Blossom NPK is 2-11-11 which is the highest PK I have seen for Dro. From what a wize man once told me the NPK is lower for dro bcuzz it does not have soil which breaks down the nute a little. tips have not responded but it's only been 6 hours. as I was inspecting all the leaves and bud sights I counted 113 bud sites about 6 of those are at the bottom and very small. I toped at the 5th node off the main stalk and have a nice shaped V at the top which if the leaf tip problem does not kill it should fill out nicely. this plant is 28 inches tall and about 12inchs across. I have tons of pics and know how to upload but the light has to be off for my cheap digital camera to get ne good pics. So thanks to all that has made suggestions so far Im really counting on the Ol' Hippies suggestions to get me back on track, but pls if you have a thought on it let me know. I have a GL120 tent on the way for my fem White rhino which are veging under 8CFL t8's, plus 2 fem clones of the AK48 all in ebb n flo. Props to 420 MAG thanks for bringing us together. if ya ever need any free computer Network support I am your man. been an IBM'er for quite some time I wish I new my plants like I know my Networks and PCs:peace:

PPM is too high for ak47, nute burn plants look great right before the start to curl under and then start to die from tips I'd top at 1200ppm after a flush to be slightly low is better than to be slightly over..this is a heavy sativa in the hybrid groups

PM is too high for ak47 Overfertaliz

Thanks Doc. I have emptied my res of the nutes at 1500+ppm added some freash water no nutes letting it cycle for a few hours. already mixed up my Fox farm nutes letting it sit so the PH adjust with the nutes and the PPM settle. then im gonna adjust the ph before I dump it in the rez. where I live our tap water is right at 5 ppm good fresh Mountian water. Comments anyone??

Your welcome and if you lightly foliar w/ just water spray this will flush from top down 12hrs should be enough worst case scenario... should be tasty..

ok PPM droped to 900 ph raised to 6 which might not be best but it is a safe number. I have been checking on the AK all day and now some of the leafs are turning upside down, it does look like the leaf tip curl is resolved, there still curled but not as much, Is my lady Posesed or are they just suning there undersides??:peace:

Back
Top Bottom