Mclovin's White Rhino Grow Journal

mclovin81

Hello friends and fellow growers/tokers, today is day one of my Grow. I choose the Rhino for 2 reasons it is a great pain reliver, and it also gets me really stoned and helps me decompress after a hard days work. So on to the grow, 10 regular White Rhino seeds from Nirvana PROPS to them for getting me seeds across the pond in 7 business days. I currently have 8 4 foot T8s currently Vegging 6 AK 48, 2 are cloned females and the other 4 I will have to clone and sex, all in a home built Ebb n Flow. The Rhino will be grown in Fox Farms Ocean Forrest soil with all FF Nutes. As of now the only non FF nute will be Magical from Technaflora B.C. Line. I choose that over Cal/Mag because it was 5 dollars cheeper and Identical to Cal/Mag. I also running a Aeropoinc home built with 1 Lady 7 weeks into flower under a 400W HPS. Her flowers are vibrant but the leaves look like crap and hope I make it to harvest. Enough on the AK48, which I will refer to since it is my first attempt a growing. Picture we all like pictures so Expect Alot. Here are my first pics.
rsz_dscn0883.jpg
my seeds arrived in this wallet.

rsz_dscn0904.jpg

Seeds Baby Seeds I feel like a kid in a candy store!

Please Everyone I take critisizim well as long as we keep it related to my grow I just want the best for my plants. I also have a chilaxed personality so I can take a toke i mean joke. So I will welcome all advice and want it good or bad. Peace and Wish me Luck.:peace:

Thanks SullyMonster I checked out your journal nice looking buds, I have to say those were the worst looking seedlings I have ever seen but wow you pulled them through. Props bro hope you had or will have a good B-day with the Rhino

Hello all you dope smokers out there!

Cheech: Ya wanna get high?
Chong: Does howdy dudie have wooden balls.

Take a look see at the pre Germ photos I know there not as exciting as a nice tight but this is a journal hopefully the tastey bud fotos will come with time.
I use a paper towel a plate and water stick it in a dark warm place, these babys are going in the Audio cabinet under the TV. my AK48 Germed 100%. at first site of a white tip I sow the seed.
rsz_dscn0942.jpg

I will soak the towel fold it over center it in the plate and wait.

Please pass along any thoughts or comments i am doing what I know to do and I know there are some old growers out there who can totally school me on better ways and Ideas. Keep in mind I have never harvested my own smoke so im sure to stumble.

"Hello World" ne1 remember writing a computer program that said this:cool: Here I will post picks on my grow areas, Im not to crafty but can follow directions well. Currently I am vegging in my open bedroom have a look this thing
rsz_1dscn0909.jpg

there are 8 T8s in there and just guessing by the Ebb nFlow size which is 2feet 2 inches wide by 3 feet long and the extra space its about 7sq feet. I really want to focus on the Rhino but there are gonna be a few picks of the AK that make it in this journal. So lets look inside!

rsz_dscn0919.jpg

what you are looking at is 2 fem Ak48 clones and the rest are AK48 yet to be sexed. The basin holding the Hydroton is sold at the hardware store for mixing concrete, and the propergation tray is where the Rhino will start off in soil.
So I have no where to put hooks to hang the lights as the plants grow so there resting on a box about 2 inchs above the lights. I cant wait to see the Rhino growing in those small pots, but I better slow down I just started Germ 2 hours ago. Just trying to catch everyone up on my current Equipment.

:rollit: again all feedback carries a huge lvl of respect

Peace
Mclovin

Quick update On the White Rhino, 5 seeds have cracked 3 in under 24hr. The first 3 went into soil last night and 2 more this morning. For now plants will be named A-J so A,B,C,D,E or in soil

Method for Germinating was a wet paper towel in a plate in a warm dark place.

Dates Sowed:
A-1/31 Evening
B-1/31 Evening
C-1/31 Evening
D-2/1 Morning
E-2/1 Morning
All container sizes are 1.5x1.5x2

From what I understand Fox Farms Ocean Forest has enough Nutes in it right out of the bag to grow for a month. Does any one have any comments on that I would like to add some Super Thrive but im already worried there gonna be pulling high nutes from the soil. Also can anyone give me a few variations on how to water in soil from Seedlings to Bud. I have read that you

Feed
Water
Water

:rollit:
MC

Mclovin, Nice start but those AKs do get big and fast too !! Better get a flowering room ready ! If you veg for 4 wks you'll probably be flowering for 8 or 9 wks and they will be at 4' tall ! Top them before they get too tall , get more colas that way too. Check out Roseman he has some nice links by his sig. for lighting and diy threads. good luck Mclovin:peace:

Day 3,
9 of 10 seeds germinated, stuck them in a propagation tray with heat mat and Dome. If anyone thinks I'm on the wrong track with my methods please let me know. I know I have alot to learn I have been able to Bring one plant to flower from my AK48 strain but the leaves look horrible but its still shooting white pistols, and growth is very slow.

Peace
Mclovin Out

HI fellow Smokers and wanna be growers like me.
and a hearty hello to those of you who are producing nice smoke grow after grow. Thanks to those who have read my journal I love this community forum and the people that make it up. so on to my updates

been 4 days total since the start of germination plants A-E were fast to crack open and F-J followed the next day. Thats 10 out of 10, 7 of which have broke through the soil. So enough talking about them let me show you.

The Slow kids: Havent broken the soil yet. It's a Turtle race
rsz_dscn0950.jpg

The Quick Kids: Heads are showing but they Long to be with the fast kids.
rsz_dscn0945.jpg

Notice the AK48 Clones in the background as soon as they take root they will be sexed

The Fast Kids sprinting for the CFL's

rsz_1dscn0944.jpg

I'm running out of room
rsz_dscn0951.jpg

Just incase you skipped anything on the left is AK48 6 total 2 Cloned Females 4 from seed hence the cloneing for sex, let me show you the mother and the clones. I have to warn you the mothers leaves are very unhealthy but shes a flowering.

rsz_dscn0960.jpg

I guess at this point it's not just a White Rhino Journal hope you guys/girls dont mind. Can someone tell me what to do with this ugly Wall flower dont get me wrong her buds are getting more compact but she looks like shes is gonna kick the bucket anyday. She is sitting in a homebuilt Aeroponics tub. 3 days will be 8weeks into 12/12.

Own to here babies just Vegging out

rsz_dscn0948.jpg

rsz_dscn0949.jpg

These 2 Clones we taken the same time, one is dbl the size of the other.

Few main questions I have one being the budding AK, what to do? the 30 Gallon tub her roots are in is completly covered with roots you cant see the bottom so I added an additional air pump and Air stone as I thought the bio mass may need more O2 but it hasent made any Difference.

I have not grown in soil so quiick recap I'm using Fox farm Ocean Forrest. What is the big things I should be lookin for over the next week or 2. Only nutes are whats in the soil and a little bit of superthrive.

and on to the clones they look perky as soon as the lights come on but sag after about a hour, they have been dipped in Root Tech and put in there pots. I also added 1/4 strength Root66 to the one inch of standing water I leave in the propagattion tray.

You all know I love comment good or bad, I can take it..;)

Much Respect to 420 forums and 420Magazine.

Mclovin Out.

Update on the Ugly wallflower of a mother. Even though she looks like death her Trich production has dbl each day now for 3 consecutive days. Pistols are still white and growing bud feels thicker each day. At what point should I start my Nute flush? I'm in no hurry I want max trich's.

Mclovin, Do you have a little scope? You can check the trichs with a 30-110 zoom scope there not bad and cheap 11 bucks at Radio Shack. If you want a real couch lock wait till you see a lot of amber colored trichs cloudy more cerebril I just chopped my AK and it was about 30% amber , I dried a little bud in the micro to try it !! damn nice for my first hydro grow.. can't wait till it's all cured ! You seem to have the cloning down ! looks like you got a good production line going:clap: :peace:

Thanks Ol Hippy, I think I have read all of your post there might be a few I have missed. To get a comment and advice from you Made my day. thanks again. I can't leave out the Grow support team either SETTING SUN you did'nt make my day but much respect to you and your time, to comment. My Idea of the right time to flush Setting Sun is when I see a pistol or 2 start to die of turn brown, correct me if Im wrong or share your knowledge. Like Ol Hippy said check the Trichs under a scope but if they are 30% amber and thats what im shooting for then at that point it may be to late for a good flush. I don't know just putting that out there hoping someone can set me straight. Any way Peace guys and thanks thanks thanks.

Mclovin OUT!:slide:

Quick update Im ordering a grow tent from my local Hydro store, should be getting it soon. The odor on my Vegging AK is getting strong and there leaves are Hugh. On to the Stars of the Journal 10 of 10 of the Rhino has broke the soil 2 of which dont look so hot they have not opened up, they still look like they have been in a shell. The seed shells have fallen off. One Idea I have had is the one Female that is 8 weeks into 12/12 as clean its basin this week is to use just Beastie Bloom, at 0-50-30 along with Cha Ching 9-50-10 to see if I can push the last week or 2 for better buds, before I flush. Any comments on that Idea???

Count me in Mclovin!

A week into dropping White Rhino seeds myself so be interesting to see the comparisons as we go along.

To edit the signature it should look like this format but 'without' the spaces between the first and last brackets.

[ URL="https://wvvw.420magazine.c0m/the link to mclovins journal.html"]Mclovins Grow - White Rhino blahh blahh text[/URL ]

Best of luck with this grow!

OK The White Rhino looks like Seedlings, The AK its growing like a Weed (no pun intended). At this moment I am sitting down to unwind. You ask; Mclovin whats got you so wound up? Well I got my Sun Hut Silver XXL, which I think is gonna be awsome. This thing is alot bigger then I thought. The total shipping weight is 85lb. I'm pretty sure that 3/4 of the weight is the canvas alone. OK here's where Im gonna vent, this is not a one man Job. The frame construction was simple I could have done it without instructions. But what Idiot put in the instructions to put the bars for your lights and fan on before you put the canvas on, cuz they dont snap, screw, or latch into place they sit there and let gravity hold them there. Yep you guessed it they came down on my head and my bare foot, takeing a small chunk of skin with it. (note: do not put the crossbars up until the canvas is on!! it will come down on your head):bongrip: Ok so to the canvas its heavy and to pull the back side of the canvas over the front and down the back is gonna take a miracle, yes thats where IM at in the setup.:bongrip: ok that last toke has me calm:grinjoint: I have pics but just wanted to vent for a min, so I'll get them up after im done.

so i don't sound like all im doing is complaining, the Sun Hut matireal quality seems very high quality. I am sure I will be pleased once its together and the lump on my head is gone. zippers feel strong and Im sure when the weight of the canvas on the frame it will sturdy itself more. lets hope im not back here to vent

Mclovin Out
:rollit:

Back
Top Bottom