Please Help! Little Ones Are Not Doing Well!

I water about once every 4 days. I only water when the top inch of the coco starts to feel a bit dry. I did water Saturday and it appears that since then they are doing worse.

Hi everyone! Thank you all for so many quick responses! I am getting a bit worried about my plants and don't want to lose all of them. Here are some more details on my latest watering on Saturday:

On Saturday I watered with 1/2 tsp FloraMicro, 1/2 tsp FloraGro, 1/8 tsp FloraBloom, and 1 tsp CaliMagic (in 1 gallon water). The pH of my water was 6.5.

Thanks again to everyone!

We need a Ring Announcer!

"LAAAADIIIIIIES AND GENTLEMEN! Tonight's title bout is between two heavyweights in the growing arena!

To my left we have Kamehameha, King of the islands, Master of Surf and Sun and Outdoor Grows! Weighing in with 64 posts, Kamehameha is the decided underdog in this matchup but his confidence in a diagnosis of root rot is undisputed!

To my right is Fanleaf from the land of Ice and Snow! The Lord of the Light, King of COBs, Grower Extraordinaire! Weighing in with over 2500 posts, he is tonight's favorite and also shows complete certainty in his diagnosis of high pH.

Hanging in the balance of this epic battle of diagnostic skills is the health of Jay71's yellowed and shriveled plants. Who is right? Who is wrong? Only time will tell!

LET THE RUMBLLLLLLLE BEGIN!"

:)

I water about once every 4 days. I only water when the top inch of the coco starts to feel a bit dry. I did water Saturday and it appears that since then they are doing worse.

I've never grown in coco, but have done a lot of research on it(planning on coco next run). If your watering every 4 days that maybe be too little. Coco holds 30% oxygen by itself. If amended with perlite the natural drainage of coco increases therefore an even bigger reason to water everyday. Another thing to keep in mind is coco is a form of hydro.

However, root rot is a good possibility as well. Adding hydroguard to your nute mix couldn't hurt, but keep in mind that those leaves will never turn green again and if there is rot they will stay brown. Don't let that discourage you though. The new growth should look nice and green. If that ends up happening, your in the clear!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

We need a Ring Announcer!

"LAAAADIIIIIIES AND GENTLEMEN! Tonight's title bout is between two heavyweights in the growing arena!

To my left we have Kamehameha, King of the islands, Master of Surf and Sun and Outdoor Grows! Weighing in with 64 posts, Kamehameha is the decided underdog in this matchup but his confidence in a diagnosis of root rot is undisputed!

To my right is Fanleaf from the land of Ice and Snow! The Lord of the Light, King of COBs, Grower Extraordinaire! Weighing in with over 2500 posts, he is tonight's favorite and also shows complete certainty in his diagnosis of high pH.

Hanging in the balance of this epic battle of diagnostic skills is the health of Jay71's yellowed and shriveled plants. Who is right? Who is wrong? Only time will tell!

LET THE RUMBLLLLLLLE BEGIN!"

:)

This is hilarious btw lol

That was funny as hell Rider.
Yeah man, in coco you water at least once per day. Between not watering nowhere near enough and pH way too high is where your probs started.
Your roots wont stink bad. They just arent getting what they need.
Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I loved Rider's post! That was hilarious! So, I have a few more photos of my roots coming out of the bottom of the pots. Most of the root is white while the tips are getting a bit brown. Before I uprooted one, I wanted you guys to see these pictures. I hope these will provide a bit more information on a diagnosis!

IMG_47454.JPG
IMG_474411.JPG
IMG_47439.JPG
IMG_47396.JPG
IMG_474110.JPG
IMG_47379.JPG
IMG_47348.JPG
IMG_47318.JPG

Press one nostril against a drain hole, hold the other nostril closed, and inhale like you're railing a big fat line. Does it smell like wet dirt or death? I'm betting wet dirt.

The scales are tipping in Fanleaf's direction!

Hahaha this is definitely funny!

Well the roots do look white. But don't forget that the symptoms just started so root rot won't be in full swing yet.

Press one nostril against a drain hole, hold the other nostril closed, and inhale like you're railing a big fat line. Does it smell like wet dirt or death? I'm betting wet dirt.

The scales are tipping in Fanleaf's direction!
You forgot the most important part of the process you are explaining... while you're doing that with your free hand you're supposed to hold it straight up in the air stand on one leg and bouncing circles.

Ok, I smelled the drain hole and it smells like wet dirt...no smell of death at all. However, I did get a lung full of coco and perlite!

Ok, I smelled the drain hole and it smells like wet dirt...no smell of death at all. However, I did get a lung full of coco and perlite!
lmao...dont swallow any seeds bro!

The need to water Coco once to twice a day is both a positive and a negative in my book. It's nice because if you have a nutrient or pH issue you can fix it quite quickly. It sucks because you can never take a day off. Wow I have never grown in Coco myself I do grow in a soiless medium like you. I grow in promix HP which is a soiless and treated like Hydro the same as your Coco but I don't have the need to water everyday.

Just saw the once every 4 days watering - unless it freezing in the grow room, it's not overwatering (with coco) instead it's a nutrient/ph issue. Root tips look good.

Jay71, my best advice to you is to switch to a more effective hydroponic system like DWC.

Nothing grows a plant faster, stronger and bigger than DWC...nothing!

Back
Top Bottom