Please Help! Little Ones Are Not Doing Well!

I just watched the video posted by Komplex and it appears that I may have been under watering quite a bit. I did up root one of my worst plants and the roots were all white and there was no smell (thank God!). I guess I am going to try watering twice a day with about 1/2 the nutrients for a couple days and see how they look.

To Kamehameha: I might try the DWC if I can't clear this up. Thanks for your suggestions and input. Doing other research I agree it looked like root rot. But, after up rooting one plant, the roots look good.

And Fanleaf: I am going to try your suggestion since I think (I want to emphasize "think" since I am not positive) it is not root rot. I will water twice daily with 1/2 nutes.

I am not going to declare a winner between Kamehameha v. Fanleaf....yet! Both had very valuable input. Thanks and I will keep everyone posted with my results!

I just watched the video posted by Komplex and it appears that I may have been under watering quite a bit. I did up root one of my worst plants and the roots were all white and there was no smell (thank God!). I guess I am going to try watering twice a day with about 1/2 the nutrients for a couple days and see how they look.

To Kamehameha: I might try the DWC if I can't clear this up. Thanks for your suggestions and input. Doing other research I agree it looked like root rot. But, after up rooting one plant, the roots look good.

And Fanleaf: I am going to try your suggestion since I think (I want to emphasize "think" since I am not positive) it is not root rot. I will water twice daily with 1/2 nutes.

I am not going to declare a winner between Kamehameha v. Fanleaf....yet! Both had very valuable input. Thanks and I will keep everyone posted with my results!

Glad it helped man. The guy that made the video goes by LEDRF here on 420mag. Very helpful guy as well.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I grow in coco and have for 2 years now, classic underwater and ph too high, In veg I water 1 time a day the first 2-3 weeks, then 2 times a day to flower and once they start stretching I usually end up 3 times a day , 1st and 2nd watering no run off. 3rd about 15-20% runoff, Keep the ph 5.7- 5.9 it will raise a hair between watering. Good info from Fan leaf.

Thanks Guys! I just finished my first watering for today at 5.9 pH and 1/2 nutrients. I will water first thing in the morning and then again when I get home from work! I feel very optimistic! I will let everyone know how the plants are doing tomorrow.

I would probably go 1/4 on the nutes and you will probably find out that will be plenty till they recover an get a little bigger, feed at that level till they tell you otherwise. I grew with flora series a year or so ago and never got over 1/2 on my nutes. Are you using any calmag, if not you will need it and always add it to your water first. I use AN Sensi now and love it. :thumb:

I would probably go 1/4 on the nutes and you will probably find out that will be plenty till they recover an get a little bigger, feed at that level till they tell you otherwise. I grew with flora series a year or so ago and never got over 1/2 on my nutes. Are you using any calmag, if not you will need it and always add it to your water first. I use AN Sensi now and love it. :thumb:
I was thinking that afterwards myself. 1/2 may be too much until they straighten around a bit. Afterall, they arent used to getting nutes at all lol.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

First new feed give them a good wash. I'd water to 100% runoff. The best thing about coco is the ability to "reset" the root zone instantly. I'd give plants that size about 400ppm of a good veg feed at 5.8PH and run a bunch through her. You can reset her quick but you need to wash the old out. You could water to runoff 10x a day if you want. Not sure you need to quite yet with them yet. Water to saturated every day and a good flush weekly for now.

The fool proof way is to water to "good runoff to waste" once a day. That's kind of a pain in the ass with 15 plants. Maybe you're fortunate enough to have the time (and accessible floor drain) for that. Good luck! Keep us posted!!,

Interesting read have also experienced this the first i tried to grow, getting a tad better at it. Fantastic advice from all. Helping me to

Sent from my SM-G360H using 420

SAgrow - Thanks for the video. I will check it out. You are right...there is a ton of great advise (and very fast too!). I am hoping my plants will bounce back soon!

Jay71, my best advice to you is to switch to a more effective hydroponic system like DWC.

Nothing grows a plant faster, stronger and bigger than DWC...nothing!

Except RDWC! BOOM! :)

Well its been 2.5 days since I started watering twice a day with 1/4 nutes...I can definitely say they are not getting worse. It actually looks like they are getting better. I am keeping my fingers crossed! I will provide more updates in the days to come with some pictures of the results (hopefully good results). Thanks again everyone for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom