Need help PH balancing with PH Down

GigaGrew

I currently have this product (the shop is irrelivant, justcame with the first image of the correct phdown version)

Garden Of Eden - NUTRIENT SOLUTION MANAGEMENT - PH Products - HYDROPONIC pH DOWN

the instructions say to add a little bit then measure ph then add a bit more.

this is useless to me as i only have a soil tester, which cannot be used to test my water.

what i need please is someone to tell me the exact formula in a similar form to below (numbers are made up for display purposes)

"add 1ml to 1litre to lose 1PH"

This is urgent please friends, my soil PH is starting to climb over 7

Unfortunately it's not that simple since PH-scale isn't linear but logarithmic with base 10.
If dropping the PH value of 1 litre from 7 to 6 requires 1 ml acid, dropping it 1 point further requires another 10 ml.
You would need to know the acidity of the water you're using and the acidity of the PH-down to be able to start calculating.
After that you might be able to flush your soil, but small errors (not knowing acidity of one of both very well), could drop the scale too far or not enough. Soil testers often aren't very accurate as well.

A PH meter to test the liquid is in that respect much easier use. You're lucky that the PH is still quite neutral where it normally doesn't result in a lot of damage unless it has been PH7 quite a time.

You can read more about PH and how to calculate it, but I would buy a PH-meter. I bought mine on Ebay in asia for about $10, requiring ages to arrive. I can't imagine there isn't an online shop in your country/continent who could sell you one for perhaps twice the price and a delivery in a few days.

https://https//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PH

Btw, if you know someone with aquarium who's a bit advanced in his hobby, chances are big he has one you might borrow for now.

thanks. ill get a ph meter when i can afford one.
think ill just not use ph down untill i can measure.
my tap water is ph8
im currently using rain water PH unknown
i have nothing to rely on right now except the soil meter.

any indication of how much ph down is needed to drop a volume of water is progress, i can calculate any conversions i need once i have a base sum

for now i have stuck to viniger.
ive just fed my plants 4 pints of rain water with 2.5 mil of viniger in there. the soil has dropped a tiny bit pf PH so far, i will need to monitor twice a day from now untill they are dry so i can adjust my numbers accordingly

Back
Top Bottom