ph balance

elisabet264

Can anyone help me, is my ph tester broken? I get my ph reading 5.8 then the next day it's reading 6.3, then the next time it is up again, please help do not have any experience with ph testers. :helpsmilie:

Hi Elisabet264! PH testers have to be calibrated with a special solution periodically. Have you calibrated it recently?
I am having the same problem with mine, but I am out of the calibration solution. Your local hydro store should sell what you need, or look at the manufacturers' instructions on your PH tester for what you need to calibrate it.
Hope this helps!:thumb:

Yes I have calibrated my ph tester, so this should not happen if everything is going well is that right, I grow in coco fibers and never worried about ph before and got good results, trying to do even better but now I have some deficiency showing up, and the Price of the ph tester was not cheap $150.

Yes I have calibrated my ph tester, so this should not happen if everything is going well is that right, I grow in coco fibers and never worried about ph before and got good results, trying to do even better but now I have some deficiency showing up, and the Price of the ph tester was not cheap $150.

Wow, that's an expensive one for sure. I don't have any experience with growing in coco, so I'll pop around and see if I can find someone who might help ya find out what's happening there. What kind of deficiencies are you talking?

Also, to make your question easier to find for the growers who peruse around to help new members, you might want to post this question in the FAQ's section. Here's the link:
Frequently Asked Questions

Have a Merry Christmas and a Safe and Happy New Year! :xmas:

Is the PH that is fluctuating the PH of the medium or the nutrient solution; and what kind of deficiency are you suspecting?

your pH meter appears to be reading correctly. what you are seeing is pH buffering from the calcium in your water and/or the plants using more nutrients then water in your nutrient solution. do you also have a ppm meter and if so can you take your pH and ppm readings at the same time. did you wash and pre soak your coco coir before use? what is the source of the water you are using? are you also supplementing calcium and magnesium? how old are your plants and what is your light source? how many millilitres per gallon and of what nutrients are you feeding? you want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

Thanks for the info on how to upload photos I will be using it a soon as I take pictures, I am measuring my ph in the water bucket once I have made it up and I water by hand, its strange as my plants seem to have different deficiencies, could deficiencies happen if they get root bound? as I have just fixed up a few that were, I don't usually let them get root bound, I thought it might slow down their growth as I still had a few weeks to go in my other tent and they were going to out grow my small tent, I should have just cut down their size, I do tie down plants but don't have much room in the small tent for that,thanks for asking around for me I am surprised at how much help I am getting offered.:thanks:

Love the nutrient chart, I mix up my nutrients with tap water ph 7.2, the nutes bring down ph a bit then I add phosp? acid to lower ph to 5.8 ppm 600, I hand water and no I do not use extra cal mag, I have used canna which I loved never worried about ph, but the guy at the hydro shop said that there was no need to spend so much and I have been using nutrilife 4 part since then(with good results not worrying about ph, when I read your chart I don't know how I managed it, I can only imagine the results if I did everything right) but I only use the a and b grow through veg then a and b bloom with pk 13 14 week 5, and no I have never washed my coco,My plants that are in veg are 3 medijuana 4 week old, then the strain I have been growing for 2 years I don't know the name (she's hard to kill)10 weeks old, there are 5 poor things they have been waiting to long in cram-pt spaces, they the 2 biggest turned very dark green with purple stems have flushed getting more coco and larger pots tomorrow, a couple of others started getting brown spots in some of the medium leaves, I am going to take photo's tomorrow, I also have 10 in their 8th week of flowering have started cutting a couple, not my best by a long way, had to shut down in june so this is the first since and I used seeds from a female plant I thought it was great all girls but they copied their mother and sprouted a few flowers, normally I only end up with a few seeds which I like, I don't know weather it was the speed of the fan or the strain I don't usually grow, but we have seeds every were bummer, anyway that's enough for tonight merry Christmas:nomo:.

Back
Top Bottom