Need help, plants are dying!

TinyDancer

So this is day 24 of the grow. My plants started out really strong now they look like this. I tested the Ph of the soil and it's at about 7 right now. I have them under a 400w mh light and temps are between 75 and 82 with around 20-30% humidity. I've been watering about once a week using tap water. I let it sit out for at least 24 hours before i use it. It looks like they are having nutrient problems, i don't know how though as i haven't started using nutrients. Can someone try and point me in the right direction? Thanks

rsz_2010-10-24_09-03-25_326.jpg

rsz_2010-10-24_09-03-37_694.jpg

rsz_2010-10-24_09-03-47_61.jpg

rsz_2010-10-24_09-03-55_397.jpg

I started with black and gold organic soil as i was told that foxfarm is to strong for seedlings. Im not sure the ph of the water as i dont have a ph tester for that, just the capsules for the soil. unless you can use the capsules to test just water?

There are two main problems. 1: you MUST have a pH tester for your water, I didn't ph mine and I lost white widow seedlings and it cause lots of problems, and it will continue to lock out nutrients and basically just piss you off until you get one. I dint think I needed one and wasn't gonna get one but you really need it as much or more than anything else. Now on to your current problem, first if there is necrosis, i.e. You leaves are being eaten away ten it is either a p deficiency or an mg deficiency. If it is yellowing it is P, if it is not then it is likely Mg. Hope this helps some.

im going to go out and get a ph tester today. there is definitly yellowing so im going to say that it's P like you said. What can i add to my soil in order to get more P? Thanks

Alright well I see you have no fertilizers listed son you have two options, add a fertilizer that has a solid mat of p in it, I use fox farm grow big, it's a 6-4-4. Or you can use a natural supplement, i'm not sure of any that are high in P, but its a possibility. Personally I would recommend you get some fertilizer and add it at no more than half strength with phed water, you should see recovery in a few days. It also may help to add peroxide to your solution if you would consider that. Check out my grow in my signature and see if the problem I was having looks anything like the one you are. That was a deficiency in n and p

alright thanks for the help. im going to pick up some FF grow big and some distilled water and make sure to ph test it.

Back
Top Bottom