Green Crack dying - Help!

420growguy

Hi I have a three week old Green Crack Clone, and it is very sickly looking.
I have had it under a 400w MH, 18in away from the light, as well as an 18/6 light cycle.
When I purchased the clone from a nearby dispensary it was under a 60w LED on a 24/0 light cycle,
And was also visibly thriving.
After I had it under the 400w MH for about a week, the condition of it's health began to decline at an incredible rate.

What could I possibly be doing wrong?
I am watering it with 32oz's of tap water every week, and feeding it every other week with one drop of "miracle grow" plant feed with a 1/6 dilution of water.
I am operating a closet grow that's dimensions are 8x2x3 with the walls covered with aluminum foil for reflection.

ANY ADVICE HELPS!
Thanks
:thumb:

IMG_20151029_215337031.jpg
IMG_20151029_215314341.jpg
IMG_20151029_141123377.jpg

You've got deficiencies. Looks like phosphorous but it's hard to tell. I know nothing about miracle grow except to avoid it. I'd suggest getting proper nutrients from any of the companies that sell nutes for cannabis, biobizz, Fox farm, gen hydro, any kind of 3 part nute system will give you what you need.

From the first picture it looks like you might have a bit of heat or light stress. The "tacoing" of the leaves at the top of the plant. Check your temps and raise your light if needed.

Looks like you have the same green crack pheno that I used to have. It was always struggling in one way or another. Also got root bound really easily and didn't like being root bound at all. My first instinct would be pH problems, but it could just be a general lack of nutrients. It's definitely showing a phos deficiency, but it's not the only deficiency showing either so it's hard to say. Might just be root bound.

Thank all of you who gave advice.
I've raised the light 10in and started using miracle grow soil.
& also have the room rich of co2 now with great ventilation, which I had not had before.
I also have switched the light cycle from 18/6 to 24/0,
and am hoping the plants state of health begins to increase.

The plants are only 10in tall, and am not too sure about putting any nutrients on it at this point, I am afraid of nute burn.

ANY ADVICE?

:thanks:

I think you may have mis-read something. AVOID miracle grow, especially the soil. It has time/water released nutrients that you cannot control. them more you water, the more you give nutrients. if you start to get nute burn, or a deficiency, you cannot flush the plant, it will release more nutrients. Check the ph of your soil and your water. I believe in soil you should be in the 6.5 range.

I'm not a fan of Miracle Gro or 24/0.
I can't tell how big the plant is or how big the pot is. If you haven't up-potted, I'd be thinking about that. Don't water "with 32 oz. water once per week". Water it as much as it will take, but only when it really needs it. That might be two weeks, or it might be two days. The pot should feel very light - almost empty.
It looks like a nutrient deficiency to me, but most clones around here are kept under T5 lamps. If you brought these home and put them under a close 400W HPS, they may just be burned since they are not used to the added light and heat.

Hi everyone, I've moved my "sour kush" and my "green crack" out of the grow room, into another room with 2x 1000w HPS lights, and am keeping the "Durban Poison" under the 400w MH for now, it seem's to be a very happy camper.

As far as the pH goes, is it mandatory to get a pH tester?
& if so how would i go about controlling the pH in the water?
I am also very concerned about the humidity, is that a thing i must keep my eye on?
and if so how should i go about controlling the humidity of the grow room?

Any advice helps
Thanks
-Dylan

Back
Top Bottom