Need help please - First time DWC - Need simplicity - Might have root rot starting!

nomad1120

e04e671dd551a50acb2a6a06a5b3f7f7.jpg

This is my Jack H, I need simple. This is my first time. Think root rot my. E starting! Leafs drying up at edges and spotting. PH is good color. Water temp 68, humidity is around 47 and temp 71-72. Was about to start full feeding schedule Monday. Need simple advice on what to do if u might think ur getting root rot? Or what might be wrong with jack h plant.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Re: Need help please. First time dwc. Need simplicity. Might have root rot starting!

ff4b6da5abaffde506ad246cefc4f60a.jpg

Thank u for any help. These are the roots. U can see every root no smell no slim

Re: Need help please. First time dwc. Need simplicity. Might have root rot starting!

8e2ceb969c269981e3c4d846831f77c6.jpg

Another picture. Only one plant going if that matters

587d200010f25b22faabbabef0e74559.jpg

They do not look rotten to me , what gives you that impression

Maybe you have lock out probably you did not add cal mag

if you added cal mag then the tank is the problem one way or the other

Time to dump that bucket and start fresh make sure to add cal mag

I suggest a silicate product for general health and disease resistance and to lower your water temps.

68 degrees is not that great its not to shoot for , instead shoot for 65 degrees then you will never have rot issues and the plants will love the added Oxygen.

I got the tip from Top commercial rdwc growers

They do not look rotten to me , what gives you that impression

Maybe you have lock out probably you did not add cal mag

if you added cal mag then the tank is the problem one way or the other

Time to dump that bucket and start fresh make sure to add cal mag

I suggest a silicate product for general health and disease resistance and to lower your water temps.

68 degrees is not that great its not to shoot for , instead shoot for 65 degrees then you will never have rot issues and the plants will love the added Oxygen.

I got the tip from Top commercial rdwc growers

I'll drop temp and get cal mag & ph tester tomorrow. Thanks

You will great great benefit from the PH pen in dwc

Pick up some PH down and Up or for up you can use a un-buffered silicate product as its alkaline and works
good as a PH down plus has the benefit the Silicate provides and it does provide a benefit a big healthy one.

Read up on Silicate in regards to our plants its worth knowing about !

I have ph up and down. Got cal/mg too. The only pen my local plant store had a 60 buck one but I'm not paying that. Going to follow ur guide tonight. I will read up on that silicate. So great news worst plant grower ever. I had that plant in bucket with not enough food for like two weeks. Best news I didn't kill it. Good looking out and thanks for info

Re: Need help please - First time DWC - Need simplicity - Might have root rot startin

Her health is going to depend on the PH being within the 5.5 to 6.5 range

I wanted to quickly mention ts best to let the ph up or down sit in the mix for an hour before calling it set as it drifts after you add it.

If your pressed for cash there is always the litmus test paper and solution route despite it not being ideal its better then nothing by far and will buy you some time to find meters plural ppm and PH with calibration fluid

Re: Need help please - First time DWC - Need simplicity - Might have root rot startin

I went to my local owned plant store. He had ones that where 60 bucks, which is whatever but figured I could get one way cheaper if I order. I let water and FOOD this time sit for about 45 min. Good look on advice. Ty

Back
Top Bottom