Is this root rot? Is this Amnesia Haze?

Croatsan

Hi all.

I was reluctant to open a new thread but I've posted this questions in my grow journal and haven't got any answers yet. Normally, I'd wait but the pressing issue of possible root rot can't wait.

Hope someone experienced will help and identify the problem (if there is one). Yesterday I did a res change, checked the roots and noticed a brownish tint at the top. The rest of the roots look fine, there is no smell and no light leaks. There's some on the feeder tube also (pic below) which led me to believe it might not be root rot after all.

I've seen root rot before, but only in its final stage. I don't know how the root rot spreads. From the top down, or perhaps it starts at the same time, all over the roots?

My res temp is 26 Celsius (80F) and that's as low as I could possibly make it in my current conditions. I know it's borderline and I've been fretting extensively over the possibility of Pythium, almost to the point of paranoia :)

So, could this be the beginning of root rot?

06_08_3.jpg

06_08_2.jpg

06_08_1.jpg

Now for my other, less important question - I got these seeds from my local growshop, been told it's Amnesia Haze from Royal Queen Seeds, feminized. Now, I've never grown Amnesia, actually never seen one "in flesh", so to speak. But I know sativas aren't supposed to look this way after three weeks. This looks more like an indica-dominant strain.

I've been searching the interwebs and, indeed, Amnesia does start with broad leaves, very much indica-like, but I thought that after three weeks it would start showing some of sativa features, primarily narrower leaves.

Not that I mind, but I'd like to know what I'm growing :)

So, if anyone who has grown Amnesia drops by, I'd appreciate any input you guys (and gals) might have.

06_08_4.jpg

05_08_3.jpg

05_08_2.jpg

05_08_4.jpg

Thank you for your time.

Back
Top Bottom