Need help to identify disease or problem

Alexouille

Hi all,

I am sorry to bother you with such question but I am bit lost here. A little bit of help will be welcome if you can. In advance, thank you for your time.

Here are all the information I am able to give you, I am not sure if it's a magnesium issue, a bug, both...

What Strain is it?
Blue Dream

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
Hybrid, mostly Sativa

How Many Plants?

Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage?
Vegetative

If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?
2 months

If in Flowering Stage... How Long?
N/A

Indoor or Outdoor?
Indoor

Soil or Hydro?
Hydro, DWC

If Hydro, Reservoir size?
1.25 each

If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?

If Hydro, what type of Medium?
Rockwool

If Hydro, what type of Setup?
DWC

If Soil... What is in your Mix?
N/A

If Soil... What Size Pot?
N/A

Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many?
1 LED Kessil H380 90W

Is it Air Cooled?
No

Temperature of Room/Cabinet?
75-78

RH of Room/Cabinet?
55%

PH of Medium or Reservoir?
5.8 and drop to 4.4 after 14 hours (just recently)
PPM is 209 (see fertilizer comment)

Any Pests?
Not that I can see but see sometimes holes in leaves.

How Often are you Watering?
Water is bottled water, Deer Park, distiller water.
Adding water every day as they drink a lot.
Change water every weeks.

Type and Strength of Fertilizers used?
AN Sensei Grow Perfect PH A and B
Supposed to be 4ml per liter but assumed it was not burns so reduced to 1.5-2ml per liter.
I just switched for 1 week to only AN B42 as I separated the 2 plants. They are now each in a 1.25 gallon. Low PPM is probably related to that as well. Right?

Size or Square Footage of Room?
Indoor, grow box 30w x 36h x 15d

post-889070-14359438199936.jpg

post-889070-14359438362729.jpg

post-889070-14359438600208.jpg

Re: Need help identify disease or problem :/

Thank you, I just didn't know how to upload them.
I just posted 3 of them, I hope this will help
Again, thank you for taking the time to look at it.
Alexouille

I think you have both calcium and magnesium deficiencies and possibly some spider mites as well (It's hard to call the mites 100% because the first signs of calcium deficiency look alot like spider mite damage, especially in pictures).

iwltfum, chenzi,
You are the best, I am going to treat it with neem oil and see.
Thanks again,
I'll keep you update,
Alexouille

209 ppm is really low for a plant that looks pretty big, I would bump up the ppm's to 500 ppm. Also, I would flush my hydroton rocks or medium first to leach the salts out, that will drive your pH down fast if the hydroton has a lot of salt build up, there are plenty of clearing solutions from many companies, I like FloraKleen.

Hi guys,
As promised, I am updating you.
It's been 5 days, I, of course, followed your advices. I added AN Sensi Cal-Mag Xtra to the game and plants seem to like it as I don't see anymore Magnesium deficiency. I also treated my plants twice for spider mites with neem oil during the night (neem oil stinks, really). I probably over did it as I burned one side of one plant :/ (we learn every day, I won't spray like no tomorrow because, apparently, a part of my plant didn't have a tomorrow). I also ordered some ladybugs, it seems to be even more efficient.

All that said, attached is a picture of one of my leaves. I would have thought it's a light burn but it's way too far from the light to be the cause. Also, 2 days later, the leaf looks still looks like this. Some further from the light seem to have the same issue. Any advice, please ?
IMG_44667.JPG

Regarding my PPM, with Sensi Grow A+B and Sensi Cal-Mag Xtra, we are hitting a good 700 PPM. Fair number ?

My concern, however, is the PH, even with PH perfect technology, it drops significantly every day, from 5.8 to 4.4. This may be the cause of the issues my plants are having. Do you have any idea what may cause that?

Finally, BuddroGreen, you mentioned flushing my medium, how should I do that properly?

I really want to switch to flower next week but I feel I will have to treat those issues first. I will be thankful for any help possible.
Regards,
Alexouille

Flush with plain pH'd water or you can flush with 1/4 strength ph'd nutrient solution. If your pH is dropping like that I would look at the roots, there must be a problem there...root rot?

Hydroguard had been added, it's been 3 days the PH is stable: one container is 5.8 and the other 6.0. Hooray!
I received my ladybugs, they are having a blast but some of them are enjoying a bit too much the fans, death rate is higher than on a highway... I have more in the fridge so I can see it coming.
I have some white like fungus appearing on top of my medium. But I am not sure it's really fungus. I'll take a picture tonight or tomorrow. Should I drip some PHed water on it or it won't change anything?

Finally, still having those leaves issues. AN Cal Mag is in with AN Sensi Grow A+B and Hydroguard. I am still wondering what should I do next. Though, the new leaves are looking healthy but the old are not getting better :/

Reading reading reading but not figuring it out :/

Any help is welcome when any of you have time,
Thank you all,
Alexouille

Those old bad looking leaves will not come back, so don't worry about those, continue to watch the new growth. The white stuff might be salt buildup from the nutrient. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom