Need HELP Urgently, Please

chillbro

I have asked this question before and have not had any replies. I have been battling this stinking Powdery Mildew for a while now and have been able to keep it in check but I'm afraid it is sending a troop surge. I am 43 days into flower. A couple of the plants are getting some brown hairs but some still have a ways to go. Are there any remedies that I could use right now to hold off the mildew for another 15 days. Is it ok to spray the buds directly. I have neem oil which seems to work for a week or so. I have also tried this stuff called Green Cure which cost me $18. I really thought this would work but the PM keeps coming back. I would hate to see this stuff over take my crop here in the end and lose everything. Should I just cut them and start drying before that can happen even though they are not completely finished. any help would be greatly appreciated.

only way when they are buds is dry them out you need to control humidity... lower it and dry out the room they are in.. dont spray the bud with any thing it will ruin them!

What is the best way to lower humidity without purchasing a $200 dehumidifier? It is only a 4'x4' tent. Rain is suppose to stop after today, so hopefully that will help. Again thank you for your help.

From what I just read about them they should not be used to far into flower. I'm at day 43. Will it make the buds taste like sulfur? I'm getting ready to go to Wally World to see they have a dehumidifier for cheap. Thanks Pit for the recommendation. I've been looking at your journal. GREAT stuff! GreenSavage, how will spraying the buds ruin them? I've already sprayed a little and have not seen any visible sign of damage to them. Thank you also for chiming in.

I have a 4" vortex fan hooked up to a 4" charcoal filter. I also have a air purifier in there. I haven't had a problem with humidity until recently and the stuff kept coming back. Now we have had rain the last couple of days and my RH is around 67%!!! My temp is only 60 F. From what I've read this is exactly the environment that PM likes. I'm so close to harvest and I'm really afraid I'm going to lose my bud here in the final days. I feel a little helpless right now. Thank you all for you help. I have been lurking on this site for a while and have already learned a lot from you all just by reading your posts and journals. Happy toking!

powdery mildew is a living orginisim and loves warm humid enviroments and adding any moisture is asking for trouble your humidity should be around 50 to 55 percent to prevent this from happening.. and wetting your bud is never a good thing this is why you have this problem folier spraying is only for the leaves not flowers...as long as your air intake is good and your exaust is suffecient to clear your space of moisture .. greatest grows to ya!

Thanks GreenSavage. I just taped my vent flaps open in the tent to allow more fresh air. Humidity has not been a problem until the last couple of days so I'm not sure why I got the PM or why it has hung around. It has been consistently under 50%. This is my first grow in this tent which is in my garage but not my first grow in the garage. I'm hoping I don't have this problem on my next cycle.

also chillBro sometimes if there is a drastic change in temp between the garage temp and the interior of the tent... causes condensation just like when your windows fog up in the wintertime.. adding heat can help with the drying.... dont use sulpher late in flowering not good for buds and can ruin taste... like smoking a match... your best bet warm dry air...and to remove any infected leaves they harbor the pm and as long as it exists will spread though out its a type of mould and feeds on the leaf surface so be sure to remove any infected parts....may the green gods be with you!

Back
Top Bottom