Please help with my first grow

Hey so I am into week 6 of flowering and the buds have gotten heaps fatter and smelling pretty good. I have noticed though heaps of the fan leaves have brown spots and some have a white powdery mildew on them. Would it be best just to harvest before it gets any worse.

Please be kind this is my first grow and it’s been a long one. Over 6 mths in the ground

BCA4DC76-5887-4AA7-BAE3-F16A6DFF69DF.jpeg

C2E3E6D2-52B9-416B-9F92-0A43D1E628B4.jpeg

6C1F3A67-C258-407E-885B-59756430F069.jpeg

9789CEE3-A6FE-4FEE-ABD3-C40BC9174278.jpeg

A37FF823-4448-4167-BEC8-1C286B1DDE60.jpeg

Hey so I am into week 6 of flowering and the buds have gotten heaps fatter and smelling pretty good. I have noticed though heaps of the fan leaves have brown spots and some have a white powdery mildew on them. Would it be best just to harvest before it gets any worse.

Please be kind this is my first grow and it’s been a long one. Over 6 mths in the ground
Aussie, a lot has happened since your first photographs just over 4 1/2 weeks ago. Those pictures, and the pictures you included on March 3rd, do not show plants with the problems. Those brown spots seem to have shown up and progressed in just two weeks.

My thoughts are to fight the problems and try to get through to a harvest in about 4 weeks. If you cut the plants down now you will get light weight buds with few if any trichomes. It will have been a lot of work for next to nothing to show for the effort.

If I am remembering all the background correctly you are growing outdoors in a raised bed. I do not remember you mentioning any amending of the existing soil. Most likely what has happened is that the plant has gotten large enough, not just in how tall it is, but large as in the sheer mass of plant material including roots, leaves, stems, and flowers and has reached the limits of what its root system is able to pull from the soil.

Hey dude - what you have there is a massive CaMg/K def, but your bud should still be good
Dunno what nutes you are using, but a PK/Kelp boost would help them along
What 'Growings' mentions. Start there. Find the Calcium & Mg, and find a fertilizer blend with a good amount of K listed. Some ground up Kelp Meal should be purchased too. The cost is not all that great since you will have enough left over for next year's gardening project. I have come across fertilizers which will be good for providing both P and K and have decent amounts of Cal and Mg included. The Kelp Meal also helps with the overall health of the plant.

Find it and start applying these nutrients to the soil this weekend. It will not make the brown spots already there go away but it will start to prevent new ones from developing. Probably take about a week to 10 days and you should start to see some difference.

Just my opinion but do not try to rescue the plant with a foliar feed. The feeding has already fallen behind and the foliar will not be able to keep up with the demands from the plant. You will want to mix the nutrients with water and use that to water all around the area under the plant. Water from the stem out to the edge of canopy. If the canopy goes over the edge of the raised bed then you have to water past the edge of the bed.

and some have a white powdery mildew on them.
If you look around you might find some products available for treating the Powdery Mildew. A lot of growers are worried about getting chemicals into the buds so look for the organic treatments. Whatever you come up with there is a good probability that it will involve spraying the plant. That is one of the reasons why I did not recommend a foliar feeding; save the spraying for the Powdery Mildew treatments.

There might not be the 'grow stores' in your area like we have here. Look for the products in gardening stores where people who grow flowers and vegetables shop. The Calcium nutrients will be used by people who grow tomatoes for example. Fertilizer blends with P and K in them will be used by those who grow flowers like zinnias and petunias and some flowering vegetables including tomatoes and peppers as examples.

Back
Top Bottom