Need help with harvest: Please help!

Mrzhoone

420 Member
Hello this is my first grow. I have an auto blueberry and she is 58 days old today. Hairs just started going red maybe 5% was just looking for advice on when to start flushing how to thicken up buds etc. Also when u flush can u still fees bud candy? .. ive read about checking tricomes but then I read that that is more a photo period thing. This is my first plant and has been decently successful so I’d like the finishing process to go smooth. Any tips advice please

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    544.8 KB · Views: 64
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    542.5 KB · Views: 71
Mrxhoone,

Personally I don't like use the color of the hairs as an indicator but if that's what you're using then I'd say at least 75% should be red. Using the thrich colors is better even with an auto. Remember that all breeder recs for flower time are averages. Environment, grow media etc. will all make a difference.

Your plant looks healthy but the hairs should not only change colors but tighten up more. You look to be approx. 2-3 weeks out. You can start flushing now if you want but I'd wait another week or so. Using bud candy is up to you. I personally like organic unsulfered molasses better.

Hope this helps!

Good growing!

Trichomes are trichomes, whether they appear on an autoflowering or photo period plants. I'd go by them.

Your plant is still several weeks from harvest. Most of the pistils, or hairs, should turn amber, before you start checking the trichomes.

Mrxhoone,

Personally I don't like use the color of the hairs as an indicator but if that's what you're using then I'd say at least 75% should be red. Using the thrich colors is better even with an auto. Remember that all breeder recs for flower time are averages. Environment, grow media etc. will all make a difference.

Your plant looks healthy but the hairs should not only change colors but tighten up more. You look to be approx. 2-3 weeks out. You can start flushing now if you want but I'd wait another week or so. Using bud candy is up to you. I personally like organic unsulfered molasses better.

Hope this helps!

Good growing!
It helps a ton thanks. I didn’t know if the hairs will just start drastically changing over night because all these hairs just started turning orange today. So I was in a panick that I missed the flush time. Also everything’s been going smooth but the buds aren’t quite dense and fat yet so I was a little sad thinking that’s it? Good to know they may have a couple more weeks

Trichomes are trichomes, whether they appear on an autoflowering or photo period plants. I'd go by them.

Your plant is still several weeks from harvest. Most of the pistils, or hairs, should turn amber, before you start checking the trichomes.
Thanks buddy. I’m glad to hear there is still a couple weeks for them to put on weight. Any special tricks to help buds excel near end?

Also one question for anyone willing to answer.. is this normal I haven’t up’d feedings or changed anything since stopping “gro” and starting bloom which has been a few feeds ago, and One leaf is showing nitrogen toxicity and slight yellowing

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    468.3 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    481.6 KB · Views: 61
I've not done any comparison studies. I use General Hydroponics' Flora Trio and supplements in coco/perlite. All I do is switch from liquid KoolBloom to dry KoolBloom for the last month or so. Unless you are using the same nutrients and grow medium, my method is irrelevant.

Also one question for anyone willing to answer.. is this normal I haven’t up’d feedings or changed anything since stopping “gro” and starting bloom which has been a few feeds ago, and One leaf is showing nitrogen toxicity and slight yellowing

This is normal as a plant nears harvest. It is sucking the nutrients out of the fan leaves and pumping them into your buds.

Back
Top Bottom