Need help deciding if harvest time

This is about tomatoes any relevance to pot?
“Flushing exposes hydroponic plants and systems to fresh, clean water instead of the mineral-rich nutrient solution that they normally live on. It is recommended as a way of keeping the pump, pipes and other system parts free of an accumulation of excess mineral salts, dirt and other debris, such as algae. Flushing also allows plants to shed any buildup of salts they may have, making it easier for them to absorb the nutrients they need. Finishing fruits and vegetables with a fresh-water flush also makes them more palatable and removes the bitter taste a salt buildup can cause.“

Half of this is good and half is a myth.

Yes flushing your irrigation system does help keep stuff from accumulating and eventually fouling out drippers/valves/pumps etc..

No you can not remove nutrients that are already deposited in the plant tissue. Pure water in hydro systems just starves the plant of everything it needs to function.
It's pretty much like putting a human being on a water only diet. They do ok for a day or so and then it gets ugly. Haha

One last question . When water curing same as regular curing is when the nasties breakdown and gas off. But in a water cure what is all the nastiness in the water?

It’s a very broad statement.
Flushing does clear salt build up, but it’s impossible to flush nutrients out of your plant for a better taste. That’s not how the leftover nutrients get processed out of your buds.
In my opinion you couldn’t compare the two since you’re not smoking tomatoes. I know there are different factors when it comes to actually eating the product, but even then, ripness and cure play a major, and for fruits, the key role in taste.
As for folks in hydro... I believe most change the water out weekly, so....

@TurboBucket would be your hydro guy. I can only assume, and parrot what I’ve heard from people like Turbo.
this. you can flush a banana tree, but if you eat that banana when its green, its still gonna taste like shit! id imagine the bad taste in the plant in this scenario comes from the fact that theres a salt buildup and possible stress/nutrient lockout, which then stresses the plant creating a poorer taste in the fruit.

this. you can flush a banana tree, but if you eat that banana when its green, its still gonna taste like shit! id imagine the bad taste in the plant in this scenario comes from the fact that theres a salt buildup and possible stress/nutrient lockout, which then stresses the plant creating a poorer taste in the fruit.
Have you ever burnt sugar...? Smells like ass. If you don’t cure the sugar out of the buds... it will taste like ass.
Go roll up some grass clippings and burn them... that smell is chlorophyll. If you don’t cure that out... it will burn your throat.
You can’t flush sugar, starches, or chlorophyll out of a plant. That’s why I can’t stand the argument with some folks. I was one of them in the beginning. Science is science. Lol!

Have you ever burnt sugar...? Smells like ass. If you don’t cure the sugar out of the buds... it will taste like ass.
Go roll up some grass clippings and burn them... that smell is chlorophyll. If you don’t cure that out... it will burn your throat.
You can’t flush sugar, starches, or chlorophyll out of a plant. That’s why I can’t stand the argument with some folks. I was one of them in the beginning. Science is science. Lol!
me too. the last grow i did, 8 years ago or so, i gave up flushing halfway thru. i had 31 plants and was just over it. ironically(at the time, now its obvious), the plants i didnt flush yielded more, and smelled and tasted better. but if they dont go into jars and get burped for a few weeks, no matter what you do they taste bad.

Yeah I just had my first two harvests Same plants just top half and lower half a couple weeks apart. And for me I noticed after two weeks of chop, still grassy and harsh.
3 weeks you kinda notice that the grass smell is weaker but still strong. Beginning to taste more like bud. But still harsh.
I would start smoking my buds after 3 weeks Of chop more regularly To get high. Still pretty grassy but I find it tolerable.
and then I smoked a seven week from chop bud last week and damn. That was So much better. But still a bit grassy.Sadly it was the last of the first chop. But I am guessing if it was given more time, them buds would get finer with a bit of age.

Yeah I just had my first two harvests Same plants just top half and lower half a couple weeks apart. And for me I noticed after two weeks of chop, still grassy and harsh.
3 weeks you kinda notice that the grass smell is weaker but still strong. Beginning to taste more like bud. But still harsh.
I would start smoking my buds after 3 weeks Of chop more regularly To get high. Still pretty grassy but I find it tolerable.
and then I smoked a seven week from chop bud last week and damn. That was So much better. But still a bit grassy.Sadly it was the last of the first chop. But I am guessing if it was given more time, them buds would get finer with a bit of age.
yea ive found hang drying for a few days or however long, then 3 weeks of jars is where the flavor started to really come out, but like 6 weeks and its all gravy. even with bagweed. i got a half ounce of bagweed a few weeks ago that smelled like dead grass but looked like the best weed ever. now its skunky, sweet, fruity and tangy, no real hint of grass left. but it took almost a month to get to that point.

I always though the plants broke it down and gassed it out with perspiration

he’ll I was of the same thought until my harvest lol

Check out my washing/curing thread.
I don’t have those issues fortunately.

Yeah I really wanted to clone the last shorter plant, now that one was frosty. But I just received my colloidal silver the other day. So I am looking forward to try making some feminized seeds. I have some cloning gear. Just not to willing to give it a try. Not confident enough to try it. Now I’ve read using the silver spray that I should toss the plant. And now I don’t want to do that cause why. :eek:
I am in a particular predicament I would really love to preserve some of these dank genes. But do not want to sacrifice about 5-6 months of time for seed, over smoking buds:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom