Need Help with Plant, Deficiency or Toxicity?

Malak

Hello, first post. Hope this isn't too much information.

I've got this problem that I can't identify with my younger flowering plant. I'm out of ideas to wither it could be a deficiency or a toxicity.

Strain - unknown (seeds I got from roommate)
# of Plants - 2
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - Flower
Light - 600 Watt HID
Nutrients - Bloom Nutrients (1.2 - 6.1 - 5.5)
Medium - G&B Organics Potting Soil
PH - 6.5
RH - 50% to 60%
Room Temperature - 80F to 93F (low and high)
Pests - Previously white flies

20140812_155410.jpg

The newer younger leaves towards the top are turning yellow. Soon the edges of the bigger leaves turn brown and crispy. Some of the small leaves on the other buds are turning almost white.

Two months ago I switched from triple 16 nutes to the Bloom Nutrients for both my plants. My younger plant (in the picture) wasn't as sickly back then. I add nutes once a month and I decided to flush my plant thinking the triple 16 gave it too much nutes and locked it out. I flushed it with regular ph ajusted water, using about 2-3 gallons of water. Then I added a slightly low dose of nutes. However, it has gotten worst since then. I also had a small white fly problem for a couple weeks, last month. I tried a bottle of SNS 209(16floz) during four watering and that didn't work. Then I found a spray called doctor doom total release fogger that killed them all in a couple days. I used the doctor doom on both my plants, spraying the top soil and base of the plant.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Is it possible that the light is too close?
93F seems a bit hot

My thermometer is hanging above my plants and it doesn't go above 92-93. I've had my light too close to my plants before. And I've seen the leaves curl but I haven't seen the leaves at the top curl yet.

My light is about a 1 1/2 ft from the tallest node and about 2 ft from the node in the picture.

I don't see how my light could be causing my plants to turn yellow.

Manning said it right. If it was heat the leafs would taco to try and make shade for them self's. If your temps are above 78 add some silica to help plant grow better in high temps. Kelp is good to add as well to keep stress down.

Looks like a nitrogen problem
Manning said it right. If it was heat the leafs would taco to try and make shade for them self's. If your temps are above 78 add some silica to help plant grow better in high temps. Kelp is good to add as well to keep stress down.

Thanks peyton and co, any tips for a newbie about silica? I'm assuming I can find it at my hydro store and follow bottle instructions for dosage.

Back
Top Bottom