Need Help with... well a few things

HermanMunster

I am a beginner to growing and have 5 feminized indica strain seeds and just setting up my closet grow room. Going organic so what nutrients do i use? or can i just use miracle gro potting soil and water with miracle gro now and then and be fine? Do i need to use anti fungi?
Any help is appreciated.

1) Some folks don't like Miracle Grow because they can't control the amount of nutes released. Others swear by it. I use Fox Farms Ocean Forest with FloraNova nutes.

2) Whatever your soil choice is, you should amend the soil with Dolomite and Perlite.

3) Hygrozyme is an excellent product for beneficial bacterial growth.

My grow is the same as Hog's without the dolomite or perlite although I should use the dolomite.

Where I deviate is in the soil..Fox Farms OC 2/3's cut with Fox Farms LW 1/3 and I use Smart Pots.

:peacetwo:

For your first grow in soil I wouldn't use any nutes at all. I just completed a grow in soil where I grew trainwreck, purple urkle, and Bubba Kush under a 1000 watt HID in 3 gallon smart pots. No fertilizers used whatsoever other than a little nutrient solution runoff from my hydro plants and some fireplace ash. I wanted to see what the plants would do "on their own" without any human intervention and I was very impressed. What I learned is the plant grown in soil with no fertilizers came out just as potent and covered in sugar as the plant grown hydroponically with top of the line bloom nutrients. My point is, if your plant has good genetics it should grow fine on its own with very little intervention in the way of expensive fertilizers.

For your first grow in soil I wouldn't use any nutes at all. I just completed a grow in soil where I grew trainwreck, purple urkle, and Bubba Kush under a 1000 watt HID in 3 gallon smart pots. No fertilizers used whatsoever other than a little nutrient solution runoff from my hydro plants and some fireplace ash. I wanted to see what the plants would do "on their own" without any human intervention and I was very impressed. What I learned is the plant grown in soil with no fertilizers came out just as potent and covered in sugar as the plant grown hydroponically with top of the line bloom nutrients. My point is, if your plant has good genetics it should grow fine on its own with very little intervention in the way of expensive fertilizers.

Providing you're using a quality potting mix/soil medium, correct? :slide:

Thats what i realy want to do go as natural and organic as possible.
I just needed to hear it from someone who has done it.
:blunt:

The best part is, when it comes time to flush you really don't have anything to flush and the pot tastes so sweet its almost tastes and smells like a flower. My hydroponic plants I start flushing at around 6 or 7 weeks and flush with water and Sensizym for the first week and water for the next 2 weeks for 3 weeks of flushing total. When pot is flushed for 21 days it burns and smokes so clean once it is cured. No harsh fertilizer taste making your mouth numb. The best part is is watching these purple strains turn purple as they finish. All the buds are turning purple with the leaves losing all their colors as the plant finishes. CBD's are increasing and resin production is topping off. Stinky little guys. Soon they will be a thing of the past and make room for the lemon diesel, headband, and a few other strains like hash plant and metal haze which are way over vegged as it is. Should finish around 6 feet tall. Might need to add another 1000 watts.

So what is the best potting soil you reccomend?

The masses here lean toward Fox Farms Ocean Forest. My mix is 2/3 FFOF and 1/3 Fox Farms Light Warrior. It was a recommendation from my hydro store guy and it's working well so far..

Sorry for the delay in responding..hope this helps.

GF

:peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom